Height-Increasing Exercises: Grow 3 Inches Taller in 6 Weeks!
Do Height-Increasing Exercises Really Work?
When we're on the hunt for information on how to grow taller, we come across many websites that claim to offer easy methods of increasing height with certain exercises. Do these things really work? The answer is both yes and no. Confused? Read on and learn more.
Height-increasing exercises combined with proper diet will benefit your body and improve your chances of growing taller. Actually, exercise releases the human growth hormones responsible for increasing mass and height. Many sites claim to teach you exercises that will increase your height and lengthen your bones, even if you're an adult. Do not believe those claims. You will not grow taller through exercise alone.
If you are unhappy with your height even after your teenage years, you need determination and focus to grow taller. Exercises will strengthen your muscles and release the growth hormones, and diet will keep these hormones fresh and active.
Read through this page to get more information about height increasing exercises.
Height-Increasing Exercises to Lengthen and Strengthen Muscles
Are you looking to grow taller? Then it is time to start doing some height-increasing exercises that will surely help you gain at least three or four inches in a short span of time. There is no secret behind these exercises. They're all based on logical and scientific methods that will help you gain height. Let's take a look at them now.
Stretches for Gaining Height
You've probably done stretches before; they're the most effective warm-up for any type of workout. I recommended that you do the stretches for at least fifteen minutes everyday. Some good stretches for lengthening the spine and improving posture include:
- Cat and cow - Start in a tabletop position on your hands and knees. Breathe in and arch your back, lifting your hips and head. When you breathe out, round your back, lowering your head and drawing your pelvis toward the front. Repeat, moving with your breath.
- Bridge - Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground, with your heels near your buttocks. Leave your arms straight down by your sides. Press your feet into the ground and lift your hips and buttocks, and stay in that position for a few deep breaths. Lower your back very slowly, one vertebrae at a time, from the nape of your neck to your lower spine.
- Cobra - Lie on your stomach with your palms flat on the ground under the tops of your shoulders. Press into the ground and lift your chest and head, arching your back.
- Table top - Sit on the ground with your knees bent, and your feet flat on the ground in front of you. Place your hands on the ground behind you, with your fingertips facing forward. Press your hands and feet into the ground, lifting your hips and chest straight up. If comfortable for your neck, lower your head to look behind you, stretching out the front of your neck and chest. Your body should look like a table top.
- Forward fold - Stand tall with your feet hip-distance apart. Bend forward at your hips, bending your knees if necessary. Bending your knees if your hamstrings are tight will release your lower back, elongating your spine. Alternatively, you can sit on the ground with your legs straight out in front of you and fold forward.
- Twists - There are many types of twists you can do to lengthen your body. The most simple is to lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Grab your left knee with your right hand and pull both of your knees to the right. Do the same with the right knee, twisting to the left. You can also lie flat on your back with your legs outstretched. Hug your right knee into your chest, and twist it across your body to the left using your left hand. Draw your right arm to the right and turn your head to the right, fully twisting your spine. Repeat in the opposite direction.
Other Exercises to Increase Height
Hanging exercises - Hanging exercises can be done by almost anyone, but you'd be surprised at how physically challenging it is to simply hang from a pull-up bar. At first it might be tough but with time you will be able to hang for long periods of time. Simply hanging on a bar with your arms and spine stretching for just ten seconds at a time will give you amazing results. Do this for two minutes every day (ten seconds for twelve repetitions) and you'll see what magic it can do.
Swimming - If you don't know how to swim, you should learn if you want to be taller. Swimming for at least five hours a week will start doing wonders for your height. Swimming is a whole-body exercise made more intense by water resistance. When you use your body, legs, and arms to the fullest, they're going to develop muscle strength, which will lengthen your limbs within weeks.
All these work no matter how old you are, and many people have started seeing positive results within a few days.
Don't go for surgery or pills because it is important to increase height naturally. Moreover, surgeries and pills cost over hundreds of dollars.