High Cholesterol Symptoms
On the lookout for high cholesterol symptoms
High cholesterol is a one of the risk factors that a lot of illnesses have so it is very important to watch out for high cholesterol symptoms. However, the trouble is that high cholesterol symptoms do not exist physically. Rather, you'll only know that you have high cholesterol levels when you come in for a cholesterol test. Since there are no high cholesterol symptoms you can watch out for, it's not surprising that a lot of people don't know that they have high cholesterol. High cholesterol is caused by a number of things so maybe the presence of these causes in your life can be treated as means of warning you about cholesterol levels for women. According to the National Cholesterol Education Program, it is suggested that everyone over the age of 20 should submit to a cholesterol test once at least every five years. Visit High Cholesterol Symptoms to learn more!
Causes of high cholesterol
High cholesterol can be caused a number of things, influenced by a lot of factors like your lifestyle and heredity. Less commonly, high cholesterol can also be caused by certain illnesses that affect the kidneys, thyroid, and liver, making high cholesterol symptoms signs of possible underlying conditions. Some of the causes you can take into consideration include:
- Age/Sex women generally have lower cholesterol levels than men, but when both men and women will have higher cholesterol levels as they grow old.
- Heredity genes play a role in how the body utilizes bad cholesterol. It is unfortunate but it means that certain people are just predisposed to having high cholesterol levels.
- Exercise / Physical Activity regular physical activity helps the body in metabolizing cholesterol properly so lower levels of bad cholesterol can be expected. Physical activity can also promote weight loss that is helpful in keeping bad cholesterol at bay.
- Weight packing on the extra pounds elevates bad cholesterol levels in the body so you should be on the lookout if you have some unwanted weight. Conversely, losing weight lowers bad cholesterol and boosts good cholesterol levels.
- Mental stress studies show that stress is one of the causes of high cholesterol levels, affecting habits that then lead to higher levels of cholesterol.
- Alcohol use having a couple of alcoholic drinks daily is seen to increase levels of good cholesterol but that does not affect bad cholesterol levels in any way. However, drinking too much can be damaging to the liver so you also have to watch your alcohol.
Great Books about Cholesterol
Green vegetables that lower cholesterol
A diet rich in vegetables and fruits will lower your cholesterol. Green vegetables that have been proven to significally lower cholesterol levels are green beans, barley grass, avocados and broccoli.
Green beans have been linked to the prevention of high cholesterol. Green beans are high in soluble fiber that can raise the high-density lipoproteins in your body.
Check out High Cholesterol Symptoms to find out more!
How cholesterol clogs your arteries - (Atherosclerosis)
To inform on the Atherosclerosis and its complex biological process: it is the idea of this project dedicated to the prevention of the cardiovascular risks of diseases. It was carried out by scientists and is adressed to general public.
El colesterol Fito Olivares olivarez - Yum Yum
To be honest, I have no idea what the title says. But it's a fun video. :P