Best Homeopathic Remedies Every Family Should Have
Best Homeopathic Remedies for Your Medicine Cabinet
This page gives you best homeopathic remedies everyone should try because my family and I have been enjoying the benefits of homeopathy for years. With so many people knowing so little about homeopathy this list might help those who are intrigued by it but still have second thoughts. Those who are against homeopathy I invite them to read this Homeopathy vs Allopathy page and learn more.
Enjoy your reading.
"To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear."
~ Buddha ~
Top 10 homeopathic remedies every family should have - first aid homeopathic remedies for acute symptoms
- Arnica Montana - for injuries, traumas and post traumatic shock. Number one choice for treating sprained ankles, bruises and swellings caused by falling or for post surgery hematomas.
- Aconitum Napellus - for sudden illness, chills and fever but the best is for sudden great fear or panic (anxiety) attack. Also, it is often used as a first aid remedy for bladder infections.
- Apis Mellifica - excellent first aid remedy for stinging, itching, swelling or redness due to bee stings and any other insect bites as well as for hive and post vaccination swollen and red skin area. This is not the only health benefit that comes from honey bee though, since there are huge bee propolis benefits many people are not aware of.
- Belladonna - major help in case of rapid high fevers in children, often with cold feet and hands due to interrupted circulation.
- Calendula Officinalis - best first aid for common skin ailments like cuts and lacerations, because it speeds up healing of the tissues and prevents secondary infections.
- Cantharis - extremely efficient remedy for burned skin and inflammation (especially the urinary one). If applied on the burned skin immediately it will prevent blisters completely.
- Eupatorium Perfoliatum first aid flue remedy when strong bone ache symptoms are present.
- Hepar Sulphur - great for unhealthy skin and many uncomfortable skin issues such as abscesses, deep cracks (in feet for instance), acne and sores. Also very efficient in relieving all kinds of congestion (sinus pressure, constipation, swollen sore throat).
- Hypericum - excellent first aid remedy for injuries of nerve endings rich areas such as fingers, lips, eyes, spine and tailbone. Most common examples are fingers slammed in doors, puncture wounds from sharp objects and neck injuries caused by traffic accidents.
- Rhus Toxicodendron - first choice remedy for joint stiffness and pain caused by rheumatic or arthritic condition or simply by lifting too much weight (sciatica). Great help for chicken pox too because it relieves the itching.
Important Warning About Homeopathic Remedies!
Using homeopathic remedies does not mean using the very compound in the form in which it's found in nature as they are all toxic. In order to become remedies, plants and minerals are treated in a specific way and then made in different potencies (dilutions) and forms (pellets, liquids, ointments).
Follow the instructions on the label and I also suggest you find a good family homeopath to have on call 24/7 in case you're not sure what to do in certain emergency situations.
Homeopathic Remedies Explained
1. Her Majesty Arnica Montana
It's impossible to list homeopathic remedies without mentioning the most popular one. Now this is definitely one of the most efficient homeopathic remedies and the one I'd strongly recommend to anyone anytime. It's my absolute favorite when it comes to first aid for bruises and sprains. With two kids in the house it has been useful so many times and it still is.
Even today when my girls are not so little anymore Arnicare gel and arnica cream are often used for accidental bruises they get on sports trainings.
What I also found Arnica to be great for is calf bone and muscle aches kids tend to have due to fast growing.
Arnica is best for:
- muscle or joint injuries
- before taking a surgery, a dental work or a hard sports training
- post traumatic shock
Arnicare Gel - one of the most popular homeopathic remedies
It's best stored in the fridge so when you apply it onto the affected area it's an instant relief even before the massage. It doesn't get absorbed too quickly so there's enough time for the massage to take effect.
2. Aconitum Napellus or Monk's Hood, Monk's Blood, Wolf's Bane
Many parents know very well just how frightening it is to see their child's temperature coming up suddenly. One minute there's a playtime and the very next only crying, red face, high fever and such a restlessness. That's about the perfect moment to take this remedy, but these are only few indications to use it.
You can read some more about this powerful remedy on my other page here.
Aconitum is best for:
- great fear (often from death)
- deep grief (loneliness or death of a loved one)
- panick (anxiety) attack
- sudden onset of cold or fever
- bladder infections
- painful urination
Muco Coccinum - When You Don't Have Aconitum Napellus
This excellent homeopathic product is specifically made to support your immune, endocrine and lymphatic system and therefore to prevent or fight flu with great success. It is greatly appreciated and well reviewed by the customers.
3. Apis Mellifica - you wouldn't believe
Apis Mellifica is homeopathic remedy made from the female honey bee body itself. Yes, the entire bee is crushed and used to produce a tincture, pellets or a topical gel. Its efficiency makes it one of the best homeopathic remedies today. This makes honey bees helpful for yet another excellent remedy besides bee propolis.
Apis is best for:
- bee stings
- all insect bites
- post vaccination discomfort
4. Belladonna - Devil's Berries or Deadly Nightshade
- sudden very high fever
- throbbing headache
- swollen glands
or Pot Marigold
5. Calendula Officinalis
Many people who don't know a thing about homeopathy know about Calendula very well. Many hands and body lotions contain this beautiful healing flower due to its beneficial propertis for our skin so it is only logical it is being used in homeopathy as well.
Calendula is best for:
- nappy (diaper) rash
- painful breasts and breast nipples (breastfeeding)
Yes! It comes from insects! Ever heard of Spanish flies or Blister Beatles?
6. Cantharis - my second favorite homeopathic remedy
Cantharis got its name from Cantharidin (kantharis means beatle in Greek) - a powerful blister inducing irritant found in this little bug. Logically, if it causes blisters it can cure blisters too. Pure homeopathy in action. As for the bladder infections, cantharis is the optimal remedy in cases with very strong burning sensation.
My personal experience: Although I got this remedy just in case my kids needed it, it was actually me who tried it first and it was one of my most surprising experiences with homeopathic remedies. I carelessly forgot to put on my sunscreen two years ago when our family took this great trip to Swiss Alps to visit our friends who lived there. It was summer and we spent most of the day up on some 6000 ft above the sea. Later that day my neck and chest were seriously red and burning. I gently applied Cantharis ointment onto the affected area and then again couple of hours later, just before going to bed. Next morning the burning was completely gone, not a single blister appeared and that awful red color turned to light brown, my usual suntanned color. Since that moment I have this cream in my house all year long but especially in the summer.
Cantharis is best for:
- burns and sunburns (including those of 2nd and 3rd degree)
- bladder infections
Cantharis ointment - put it in your first aid kit
Having this ointment with you on the beach or up in the mountains would be a very good idea. Excellent first aid in case of sunburns, among other.
7. Eupatorum Perfoliatum - best flue remedy
My teenage daughter avoided prescription drugs during last flue season thanks to this great first aid remedy. At the very first sign of the illness (bone and muscle aches, chill and fever) she started with Eup. Perf. therapy. In stead of weeks in bed and out of school both fever and muscle ache were gone within 24 hours and within a couple of days she was completely fine.
For unhealthy skin conditions and respiratory mucous membrane
8. Hepar Sulphuris Calcareum or Hepar Sulphur or Sulphur of lime
This remedy got its name from an impure sulphide of Calcium and it is made by burning the white inner side of oyster shells with pure sulphur.
My personal experience: My 12 year old daughter has benefited a lot from this remedy one winter. Almost every autumn/winter season gave her so much trouble with her sinuses and that winter was the worst. The biggest problem was the inability to blow her nose properly because the discharge was just too thick. You can only imagine the pressure in her forehead and what impact a condition like that can have on the child's appetite and overall activity. After literally a few pellets she took within couple of days she was able to blow her nose, all the discharge came out and she's been fine ever since (!)
As for the skin conditions treatment, I have the best experience with the pure sulphur ointment as my teenage daughter cured her eczema spots she's been having for years before we found our family homeopath.
You're guessing, since then sulphur is always in our house and here it is on my personal list of best homeopathic remedies.
Hepar Sulphur is best for:
- unhealthy skin
- deep skin cracks
- sinus pressure
9. Hypericum Perforatum
This is simply a great remedy for nerve injuries of fingers, toes or nails.
In case of traumas such as crushed fingertips or any puncture wounds that cause an extreme pain this is THE first aid remedy to apply.
Rhus Tox for sciatica
10. Rhus Toxicodendron or Rhus Tox
Rhus Tox homeopathic remedy is best for:
- joint stiffness
- chicken pox
Short Poll For You - Feel Free To Participate
Are There Any Homeopathic Remedies in Your House?
First Homeopathic Treatment (Appointment)
Do You Have Homeopathic Remedies Kit?
This is perfect set for first aid emergencies, acute illnesses and complaints you might experience with your child. Price is much lower than if remedies were bought separately.
FREE Online Homeopathy Course with every purchase.
Best homeopathic remedies and licensed homeopaths websites
- American Institute of Homeopathy
Find a licensed homeopathic practitioner in US.
- About Us | National Center for Homeopathy
Founded in 1974, the National Center for Homeopathy (NCH) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to promoting health through homeopathy by advancing the use and practice of homeopathy.
- United States Homeopathic Doctors and Clinics
Online directory of United States homeopathic doctors and clinics.
- ABC Homeopathy
Visit this excellent website and use their online remedy finder based on your symptoms. If you already know which homeopathic remedy you need just go straight to their homeopathic remedies store.
- Helios Homeopathic Pharmacy
This is one of the world's leading homeopathic producer, with it's pharmacy based in UK but they deliver abroad as well. I've used their Arnica cream many times and my homeopath orders her supplies from them on regular bases. Top quality homeopathic
How would you rate this page of mine?
My Two Favorite Tips for Healthy Life
- Two Best Organizing Ideas
Having a well organized home and family is as much important as health. This page shares two most simple tips every family can benefit from.
The information provided on this page is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition.