How to Buy an Electric Lift Chair
The Electric Lift Chair--A Senior's Best Friend
The Electric Lift Chair is a very popular and helpful piece of furniture for senior citizens. Here you will learn what to look for in buying an electric lift chair.
This is offered here as help because we know how much of a challenge it can be in trying to determine which version to buy and what features are most important.
First, it is important to know that this type of a chair, although commonly called an electrc lift chair, is also referred to as a recliner lift chair or even a medical recliner chair.
The reason this type of furniture is so helpful is that it allows a person to get into and out of a large comfy chair, easily, from a standing position.
For the elderly or anyone with mobility challenges dropping down into a chair or lifting themselves out of one can be very difficult. These chairs make it very easy.
These chairs all come with an electric hand held controlled with buttons that when pressed lower and raise the chair.
There are three basic versions of the recliner lift chair and you need to know which will be best for your needs before buying. They vary based on how far they recline. The three versions are:
The 2 Position
These are chairs that raise up and tilt forward so a person can easily enter the seat. At the push of a button it reclines and can be stopped at any point. It reclines up to 45 degrees. This works well for someone that will be sitting in the chair just a few hours per day.
The 3 Position
This chair operates the same but it allows a further recline, to just about 180 degrees. This work well for a person that will be in the chair for several hours per day or for short naps.
The Infinite Lift has two basic differences. It reclines past 180 degrees and the foot rest can be raised and lowered to different heights independent of the chair. If the user is going to be sleeping in the chair or for health reasons, has to have certain parts of the body elevated above others, this is the way to go.
How an Electric Lift Chair Works
Tips For Chosing the Right Electric Lift Chair
There are several factors to consider when going to buy an electric lift chair. Consider the following tips to make sure you buy the right one.
1. Make sure you have enough space for the chair. These are big and take up a lot of room when they recline. So make sure ahead of time the area you have planned will accommodate the size.
2. Make sure it will be situated close to an electric outlet. These have to be plugged in, so power will need to be close by.
3. As described above, you will need to predetermine which version for recline will be best suited for the user.
4. Keep in mind the size of the user. Most recliner lift chairs will handle weights up to 250-300 lbs. For a person over 300 lbs. there is a version which has a dual motor. Some chairs can even come with extra wide seats if needed.
5. You can select from a wide array of coverings ranging from leather and vinyl to different color fabrics.
6. Look at all the assorted options that can come with a lift chair like: pockets for magazines or book storage, side trays for food and drinks that swing, a heater that will warm the chair and even a massage mechanism.
7. Finally ....for more buying guide information please visit the electric lift chair store.
Lift Chair Reviews
One of the best ways to learn about products, before you buy, is to read reviews by others that have bought the same product you are considering.
If a person takes the time out to write a review then you know they have to have pretty strong feelings about it, one way or another.
One of the most popular recliner lift chairs is the this Easy Comfort Two Position Lift Chair. You can read reviews about this top rated lift chair by visiting this highlighted ink at READ REVIEWS HERE.
Top Rated Lift Chairs from Amazon
Here are Top Rated Lift Chairs from Amazon That are Offered at Discounted Prices. Many Offer FREE Shipping.