How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath?
How Do You Get Rid Of Bad Breath?
If you are looking for information on how to get rid of bad breath because you are tired of dealing with this situation, I have good news for you. There are simple things that you can do that will help you get rid of bad breath.
Having bad breath can be really embarrassing, but if you know what to do to prevent your breath from smelling bad, you will no longer find yourself in such situation.
If you are in a hurry, see the selection of products related to bad breath here.
If you have a minute to spare, keep reading to learn more about what to do to get rid of bad breath...
How to Cure Bad Breath - a Step by S...
Causes for Bad Breath
What Causes Bad Breath?
The causes for bad breath (whose medical name is "halitosis") are varied and often harmless.
- In more than 85% of cases, bacteria lives in your mouth without oxygen, which causes your breath to smell bad.
- Some foods promote bad breath. Consumption of coffee, tobacco, alcohol, garlic, onion, cheese and ham is often responsible for the phenomenon.
- It may also be due to inflammation of the gums (gingivitis), a disease of the ear, nose and throat, and even periodontitis: a disease of the supporting tissues of dental caries or infection of the throat, tonsils and / or sinuses.
- Other health problems can also cause bad breath: gastro-esophageal acidity, stress (which dries the mouth), diabetes, angina, liver disease or kidney disease, or pulmonary disorders are sometimes to blame.
- Some drugs can dry your mouth and increase the risk of bad breath. This is particularly the case with analgesics, antidepressants, antihistamines, anti-inflammatory drugs, diuretics, muscle relaxants and narcotics.
- Your lifestyle can also be the cause of bad breath. Breathing through the mouth or swallow food without chewing generates odors. Incomplete digestion, fasting and aging can have the same effect.
Get Rid of Bad Breath With These Products
How Do You Know If You Have Bad Breath?
It is easy to know if you have bad breath. A bad taste in the mouth will inform you immediately about the situation.
To ensure the freshness of your breath, you just put your hands around your mouth, blow and you will know if your breath stinks or not. In public, discreetly lick your wrist, wait a few seconds and smell it. You will have your answer!
And if people turn away from you when you speak, it may mean that you have bad breath.
How to Stop Bad Breath?
There are simple things you can do to stop bad breath, such as regular brushing of the teeth and the tongue (at least three times per day), as well as the daily use of dental floss, you will see a 50% decrease of bad breath.
You can also gargle with a chlorhexidine-based product or baking soda.
Other products that may also be of great help: chewing sugarless gum or sucking hard candy containing peppermint or chlorophyll will have beneficial effects. You can also drink mint teas or water or rinse your mouth with hydrogen peroxide (between five and 30 seconds).
Get Rid Bad Breath
More Tips on How to Get Rid of Really Bad Breath
If you want to avoid eating candy and gum, even without sugar, other products will allow you to have "fresh mouth"
- Drink green tea, herbal tea, will help you have a mouth fresher.
- Suck the fruit of star anise.
- Suck a clove or cinnamon stick, simply.
- Chew parsley leaves or fennel seeds.
- Eat a banana.
- Stimulate saliva production with citrus (orange, lemon or lime).
-Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water everyday.
- Rinse your mouth with a few drops of grapefruit seed extract mixed with water. However, this solution is very caustic. You will need to rinse your mouth or eat immediately.
Avoiding an abundant consumption of tobacco, coffee or alcohol will reduce the risk of having bad breath.
These simple measures should reduce or eliminate bad breath. Otherwise, talk to your dentist or dental hygienist. If the problem persists, it would be best to consult a health care professional. Then it is likely that a medical problem is the cause of the bad smell.