How to make quick and healthy Raw Vegan Sweet potato and Mango soup
How to make a healthy scrumptious Raw and Vegan Sweet potato and Mango soup
A plant based diet can improve your health in many ways,...,maintain a healthy body weight, keep blood sugars stable, skin clear just to name a few things. There are numerous reasons to live a plant rich... and strong life. Being a vegetarian , or a vegan is a personal choice that stems from either moral dilemmas surrounding animal welfare, health issues, weight issues....But whatever your reasons...its an awesome and healthy life:) And i live it...and love it. The recipes and combinations are endless. If you choose to go RAW...that is an extra step and it means you dont heat your vegan foods past 115 deg. F...This means your food maintains its integrity , the enzymes are alive...the mineral and vitamins in tact....:) You eat them...they provide you with life...the flavours are rich and not compromised by heat and what that heat does to the flavours of food. Applying heat over 115 deg F can create carginogenic changes in many foods ...taking a healthy choice and turning it into one that can start the cancer process in your body. We also need the live enzymes in the foods that we eat in order for our bodies to be able to properly digest them. Without the enzymes our guts cannot absorb the nutrients , the foods are merely pushed through our intestines and wasted....
This soup recipe takes no time to make , it is RAW fast food:)
The spices that are used are known to inhibit cancer cell growth and are naturally anti inflammatory.
I make this for a healthy lunch or dinner and then let a bowl of the left over soup sit in the fridge overnight....once cold it gets fairly thick and then i use if for a dip for cauliflower or a healthy raw cracker or nacho chip. I love indian flavours so much and the health benefits cant be ignored.
It doesnt have to taste bad,... to be great for you:)
Prep Time: 10
Total Time: 15
Serves: 4 small appetites or...ME:)
- 2 1/2 Cups cubed organic sweet potato (not yam)
- 4 organic apples -Juiced (enough to make 1 Cup)
- 10 organic carrots- Juiced (enough to make 1 Cup)
- 1/2 an organic cucumber (you can juice it or blend it
- i juiced it)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2/3 cup soaked cashews (soaked for 30 min)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Soaked pine nuts for garnish
- 2 TBSP Organic cold pressed olive oil
- 1 Tsp Organic Cumin (or more depending on your palate)
- 1/2 Tsp Organic Tumeric (not shown in ingredient pic
- i added after pic taken:)
- 1/2 Tsp Himilayan pink salt (contains all the trace minerals your bod needs)
- 1 -2 fresh mango chopped into cubes (or frozen organic mango)
- optional- organic shredded coconut for garnish.
- First - Soak the nuts in seperate bowls- Set aside for 30 min then rinse.
- -Juice the apples and carrots and add to your Vitamix or Blendtec or whatever high powered blender you have.
- - Add the Sweet potato, cashews, spices, olive oil , water, and blend until the mixture becomes warm. My Vitamix does it in about a minute or so....2 minutes and its pretty warm....
- - put some cut up fresh mango or some defrosted organic frozen mango to a bowl
- - Pour the warm soup over top the mango
- -Sprinkle with pine nuts and black sesame seeds
- -For a variation i poured soup over the mango and sprinkled with organic shredded coconut flakes...oh my goodness! :) Yum!
Tumeric and Cumin for good health!
Tumeric and Curcumin are 2 of the many indian spices that
are known for their anticancer properties. They are delicious
warm spices that have anti inflammatory properties.
The health benefits of Tumeric
Tumeric belongs to the ginger family and has been used in India and the orient for about 6000 years. From skin care to a digestive helper and over the recent years in North america as a Cancer healer. The antioxidant content in turmeric comes from active compounds called curcuminoids.The curcuminoids are what battle free radical damage in our cells...Free radicals create damage in our bodies from accelerated aging, autoimmune issues to cancers. Using organic tumeric root or powder in your diet is helpful but adding a good quality supplement is preferred. I do both!:) Sadly once the powder or root is cooked the heat compromises the phytonutrients that are so desirable.
The curcuminoids in tumeric help support blood/liver functions(promotes good circulation) and healthy joints.
Tumeric helps your cells to absorb important vitamins and minerals while helping your liver to detox by flushing out waste.
The list of benefits is endless , ...but my personal experience with Tumeric is I LOVE it in my food:)
A friend with late stage (stage 4a) cancer is still strong and alive without western medicine.......no chemo, no radiation, no surgery......NONE....and one of their natural immune support helpes is TUMERIC....3 times a day from a capsule...a high grade product. This is only one of the things in their natural protocol...but it is a valuable part. Tumeric is a delicious , god given medicine as well as a food.
Learn more about this incredible root!:)
2 superfoods together!
How everything looks along the way:)Click thumbnail to view full-size
Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food— Hippocrates
How beautiful , i need these:)
This book tells the story of the healing spices for cancer and other disease.