[Infographic] Great Health Benefits of Cauliflower You Probably Don’t Know
What will you get if you, by the help of any crazy biologist, can make a cross between a dog and a daisy?
The answer is simple, it will be a cauliflower! Look at a cauliflower for some moment and you shall understand what I am talking about. According to some renowned experts like Jim’s grandma, it is the ugliest looking flower ever originated in nature.But don’t go with the look, guys. Cauliflower is a healthy fruit and it is no less than a so called super food. There are many health benefits of it. Look at the infographic for some quick idea and then read the information below supplied by yours truly for the sake of public service.
Prevention of Cancer and Protection of Digestive System
- Do you know cauliflower can even prevent cancers! It is claimed by some researches that eating this vegetable may lower the risk of various types of cancers. A type of chemicals named Glucosinolates, which is in ample amount in a cauliflower, is believed to have a role as a great chemo preventive agent to cancer. It is found that Glucosinolates, a type of glycosides with Sulfur, can boost some types of complex enzymes which are behind the cancer fighting capability of it.Cancers which can be occurred in human colon, breast, prostate, ovary or bladder are prevented by eating cauliflowers.
- Cauliflower is good for our digestive system. It is a fiber rich food. 100 grams of Cauliflower generally contains 2 grams of dietary fiber. In terms of energy value, you shall get about 12 grams of fiber per 100 grams of this vegetable. Fiber rich foods help to keep the process of digestion smooth.The Glucosinolates present in cauliflower protects the sensitive lining of the stomach. It also helps to reduce bacterial over growth inside stomach
Anti-Oxidants and Anti-Inflammatory Benefits of Eating Caultiflower
- A cauliflower has a vast spectrum of different antioxidants. There are classical metal based antioxidants like manganese, and antioxidant vitamin C, different phytonutrients like beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, rutin, ferulic acid etc. These chemicals reduce the free active oxygen containing molecules which can damage various cells structures by micro level chemical reactions.
- Because of the presence of a good amount of vitamin K, the cauliflower has anti –inflammatory health benefits. But the best anti-inflammatory bio-chemical present in it is glucobrassicin. When consumed, it is converted into a molecule named ITC (indole-3-carbinol), which can even operate at the genetic level!
Prevention of Heart Diseases and Detoxification
- Cauliflower is friend of our cardiovascular system. It is a friend of our heart. The presence of omega -3 and vitamin K ensures good blood flow by keeping the blood vessels free. The compound ITC can also repair the damages blood vessel cells.
- One of the most important health benefits can be gotten from consuming cauliflowers is detoxification. The glucosinolates present in it boosts the detoxification system of human body.
- Cauliflowers, being rich in antioxidants, can be beneficial as an anti-aging element. We know that this vegetable is a good source of vitamin C. It is known to keep your skin’s youthful look.
For Pregnant Mothers
The Vitamin B9 or Folic acid in this vegetable can be very helpful during the pregnancy period. It is found that if vitamin B9 is not taken at least 0.4 mg per day before and during the pregnancy period then there is 70% chance of the child being born with some serious neural tube defects. Some of the most common neural tube defects are anencephaly, encephalocele and spina bifida.
What Do You Think?
Congratulations mate, for your monumental patience of reading this hub to the end. But, hey, I shall be offended if you say my infographic is of poor quality. Don’t you have some civic sense, guys? It took a lot of my time to plan, design and create this thing. Feel free to share it wherever you can. Eat cauliflower and stay healthy.