Kefir Grains: One of the best source of probiotics
Caucasus Kefir Grains: One of the best source of probiotics to boost your inmunity
Have you ever heard the word "Kefir" ?
According to Lifeway: "Kefir is the cousin of yogurt and its roots can trace back more than 2000 years." "The word Kefir is thought to have been derived from the Turkish word "Keif" for "good feeling", probably due to the sense of well-being experienced after drinking it."
Thank you for visiting my lens. You have found a source for possibly the best probiotic beverage in the world. Kefir is something you can easily make at home for the cost of milk. You need no fancy equipment at all. All you need is a glass jar, a source of good milk, and some real kefir grains. Yes, just that !!
What is Kefir ?
The miracle refreshing beverage.
Kefir is pronounced ("kef e-er"). It is a refreshing cultured-milk beverage that is loaded with various nutritional benefits. It is made by culturing fresh milk with kefir grains.
It can then be mixed with smoothies, other recipes or you can just drink it by itself!
Kefir grains are not to be mistaken for cereal grains as they are a soft, gelatinous white biological mass of proteins, lipids (fats), and a soluble-polysaccharide kefiran complex. They are famous for there vast mixture of specific friendly (LAB) Lactic-acid Bacteria and yeasts.
This is the most potent source of probiotics (friendly bacteria) you can find. In most probiotic pills found in stores you will find about 15 different strains of friendly bacteria, for example
(Lactobacillus bugaricus and Streptoccocus thermophilus) are just 2 of the more well known strains. To learn more about the different strains click here:
but once again Mother Nature has out done the laboratories, a natural kefir grain contains 42 different strains of friendly bacteria. There is no comparison here. Kefir grains are far superior to the probiotics you will find in a bottle.
Kefir Grains History
Kefir is a fermented drink which has been consumed for thousands of years. It originated in the Caucasus mountains in the former Soviet Union where the drink was fermented naturally in bags made of animal hides. Its use is currently being expanded because of its unique organoleptic properties and its long tradition of health benefits.
Kefir distinguishes itself from the more known fermented milk yogurt in that it is traditionally made only from kefir grains which contain a complex mixture of both bacteria and yeasts. The resulting kefir possesses unique organoleptic characteristics.
What does Kefir taste like?
If you like yogurt, you will like Kefir!
Kefir has a soured smell, and tastes very similar to plain yogurt. I think it resembles buttermilk after about 12 hours of fermentation, or a runny sour cream after 24+ hours of fermentation.
If you like yogurt, you will like kefir!
Even if you don't particularly care for plain yogurt, there are still many yummy ways to enjoy kefir.
Nutritional Value of Kefir grains.
If you're looking for a good probiotic supplement go for the best, Kefir
Many manufacturers of probiotics claim that their pills contain 15 billion bacteria at the time of processing. And that it would take tubs of yogurt or gallons of kefir to receive the same amount of friendly bacteria.
First of all, lets not forget that these companies acquire their products directly from these whole food fermented-milk products. As I mentioned before, they pull nutrients out of whole foods and turn around and sell them right back to you.
So for a fraction of the cost, you can have a more superior product. If you take care of them properly they will multiply and last forever!
Scientist tested the kefir in the Caucasus Mountains for any type of harmful bacteria. But much to their surprise, they found nothing. Deep in the mountains where sanitary conditions are much worse than ours, the scientist refused to believe there was no harmful bacteria to be found. Creating a possible scenario that a piece of animal fecal matter would fall into the milk, they injected the E. Coli bacteria into the kefir. Within 24 hours the E. Coli was destroyed by Kefir's benificial bacteria. Kefir has also demonstrated the ability to kill H. pylori infections when bacteria alone could not. In addition, the complex microflora of kefir has also shown a keen ability to stimulate our immune system, ward off infections from salmonella, and in some cases even fight cancer.
Numbers donÂ´t lie
* 1 capsule of man-made probiotics contains about 15 billion bacteria.
* 1 bowl of fresh yogurt (500 ml), contains about 1.5 trillion beneficial organisms.
* And 1 small bowl of fresh kefir (500 ml), contains as many as 5 trillion beneficial organisms.
Almost 400 times more than a capsule.
Why Should You Drink Kefir? - From experience of generations, here are some of the properties possessed by the real kefir.
* Regulates metabolism, digestion and heals diseases of the colon.
* Supports enzymes production and heals the pancreas.
* Regulates the blood pressure, blood sugar and cures diabetes.
* Heals the lungs, bronchitis, tuberculosis, asthma, allergies and migraine.
* Has a positive influence on the heart and blood, heals circulatory conditions.
* Heals various eczema, all skin disorders and leads to cure of acne.
* Regulates the body's immune system and improves resistance to diseases.
* Heals the kidneys, the urinary tract and protects prostate.
* Has a positive influence on cholesterol, osteoporosis and rheumatism.
* Improves the liver and gallbladder, regulates bile production, influences positively hepatitis.
* Heals colitis, diarrhea, catarrh, reflux, leaky gut syndrome, candidasis and more.
* Rebalance the intestinal flora and stomach acid, heals duodenum and cures ulcers.
* Produces its own antibiotics, eliminates unfriendly bacteria, cures internal and external inflammations.
* Heals lactose intolerance and provides full digestibility of milk based products.
* Produces own anti-cancer compounds, prevents metastasis, and leads to cure.
* Slows the aging process, smooths and improves skin, hair and muscle tonus.
* Reduces anxiety, depression, increases energy and feeling of wellbeing.
* Produces all necessary vitamins and beneficial bacteria needed for our healthy daily life.When used regularly, the naturally occurring bacteria and yeast in Kefir combine symbiotically to help balance your intestinal flora and boost your immunity.
Real Kefir VS The Store Bought Kefir
Don't even think about skating off easy by just buying kefir, yogurt, or sauerkraut from the store. There is no comparison to the real thing.
The store bought kefir is made from some kind of powdered starter that pales in comparison to real grains, plus real kefir tastes much better. You can also make the real kefir into a mouth-watering thick cream, which is unbelievably delicious.
Most yogurts found in stores are nothing more than fancy desserts because they are loaded with refined sugar. And good sauerkraut is next to impossible to find in grocery stores because they have been heated, processed, and enclosed in an airtight container, all in which kill the beneficial bacteria. (one of the main purposes of these foods)
You must learn to make this yourself with your own kefir grains. Although nothing can top kefir made with fresh raw milk you can still gain excellent benefits by making kefir with pasteurized milk. And don't worry if you are lactose intolerant, the bacteria will break down everything in the milk for you, the lactose, proteins, fats, and vitamins and minerals. In other words, it is pre-digested for you so that your body can easily digest and assimilate all the nutrients milk has to offer.-
Kefir: The miracle beverage - Find out the effect of the friendly bacteria in it.
A well balanced intestinal flora is a key for successful treatment of illness. Antibiotics are not very selective as to which bacteria they eliminate. They kill and destroy the balance. When taking antibiotics, a brief improvement may be noticed because the antibiotics kill the unfriendly bacteria that make us ill which is the reason they are taken. But they kill the friendly bacteria as well and disturb the balance. With a disturbed intestinal flora the body's immune system suffers and we are more open to develop new illnesses. Antibiotics are taken again, and again, and ...... it's an endless downwards spiral.
The reason why Kefir and the other lactic acid ferments work like a wide spectrum miracle drug is only because of the friendly bacteria in it. The miraculous healing effects are only possible due to the other dead food we eat, like processed, chemicalised, irradiated, over cooked, microwaved and so on. These foods are dead and cause our modern health problems of Western Society.
What to look for when buying Kefir Grains
Taking care of the Kefir grains.
* Always keep all the utensils clean, wash them only in non-chlorinated water, dry well with natural cotton, and never use any solvents or detergents !
* Always use only clean and clear plastic or glass containers, clean plastic or wooden spoons and clean plastic or bamboo strainers !
* Never let the grains come in contact with chlorinated water!
* Never subject the grains to cold bellow zero celsius !
* Never subject the grains to heat above forty celsius !
* Never let the grains to get in contact with any metal !
* Never let the grains on direct sunlight !
* Never let the grains without food !
* Never squeeze the grains !
Kefir... And Your Lifestyle - How can Kefir improve your life.
The primary goal of the human being is to live a peaceful and happy life along with his family and maintaining good health. If your body is healthy and in good repair, you're better able to handle stressors in your life. Eating a healthy diet, exercise regularly, getting enough sleep, getting massages and pampering yourself are all good ways to take care of your body and make stress management easier.
Since I started designing my lifestyle, I have been constantly looking for better ways and options to improve my previous way of life. Like so many unproductive habits I had to change in order to reach my end goal, I also had to change the way I eat.
This is how I found out about Kefir, which is without a doubt, in so many ways, the healthiest drink I have ever tasted/drank/whatever. Aside from getting Vitamin B and several many other vitamins when you drink Kefir, it also works by eliminating unhealthy and destructive bacteria in your intestines, providing food for healthy ones, and helping your body digest the food you eat. When I was starting my new lifestyle, I was a big fan of yogurt. I made sure that I get my serving of yogurt everyday. But ever since I discovered Kefir, specifically made from Kefir Grains, I knew that I can have more. Although both Kefir and yogurt are cultured milk products and contain many beneficial bacteria, Kefir just has more to offer. Kefir and yogurt can help clean your intestines and keep it that way, and provide food for friendly bacteria. However, aside from other good bacteria not commonly found in yogurt, Kefir (good bacteria) can also take over your intestines and attack the bad ones to strengthen it. Something yogurt cannot match.
The miracle I have been waiting for, not only physically, but also in my overall health, has finally happened with the help of Kefir Grains. Unlike the common notion that being healthy means eating tasteless, often any kind of disgusting food, I am plenty confident to say the Kefir makes my healthy life very-very enjoyable!
Kefir Grains in Amazon
Want to read more articles about Kefir ?
- The Caucasus Kefir Grains
In this blog youÂ´ll find a basic Kefir recipe, a comparison between Kefir & Yogurt and some other interesting articles.