- Diet & Weight Loss
Useful Kidney Cleanse Herbs
Useful Kidney Cleanse Herbs
The kidneys filter toxins out of our bodies. It is so important to keep their function strong by cleansing them.
Did you know that your kidneys process about 200 quarts of blood that they then filter. Of these 200 quarts, 2 of them will become urine and waste products. The proper function of all organs requires good functioning of the kidneys. About 1/5 of the blood that is pumped by our hearts goes to our kidneys.
The kidneys have several functions in our systems. First, they regulate our blood pressure. They also are responsible for producing various hormones, such as the hormone that stimulates bone marrow to produce our red blood cells. They also keep our blood clean and balanced. They filter waste products from our bodies and regulate our acid/pH balance. And they regulate the volume of plasma in our blood.
We can help to strengthen and cleanse our kidneys with kidney cleanse herbs and roots. The following herbs should be considered for an effective kidney cleanse.
Always consult with a physician before attempting a kidney cleanse. A qualified professional can recommend proper dosages and formulate a plan that will suit your specific needs.
The following are wonderful kidney cleanse herbs. They have been used effectively for many purposes but we will cover their use in terms of kidney function.
1. Hydrangea root (aka seven barks) was a remedy used by North American Indians for kidney and bladder stones. The use of this root helps to expel the stones and dissolve the stones that are left behind.
2. Marsh Mallow is a wonderful herb known for treating inflammation and irritation of the mucous membranes. It is useful for the urinary tract. The leaves of the marsh mallow plant are used to treat frequent urination and cystitis.
3. Gravel root was another herb that was used by the native Americans. It produces perspiration and works particularly on the genito-urinary system. It has been used to treat incontinence and eliminate stones from the urinary tract. Gravel root is also helpful with rheumatism and gout as it eliminates waste and uric acid from the kidneys.
4. Black Cherry Concentrate is a kidney cleanse herb that eliminates gallbladder disorders and is used to eliminate kidney stones. It assists the body in the removal of uric acid and helps to clean the kidneys and keep blood moving. Cherries are packed with nutrients like beta-carotene and Vitamins C and B1, to name a few.
5. Goldenrod is a multipurpose herb that treats urinary tract disorders. It is a versatile herb that can be used for either a serious ailment like nephritis or a more common issue like cystitis. Goldenrod has anti-fungal properties and acts specifically to eliminate candida fungus.
6. Ginger has so many effective uses. For the kidney, taken with Uva ursi will remove methyl malonate that causes kidney failure and cystic kidneys by clogging them.
7. Bearberry is one of the very best natural antiseptics for the urinary tract. Its leaves are highly antibacterial and are great against urinary tract infections.
8. Parsley is a very nutritious herb that is also considered a vitamin and mineral supplement. It helps the body to eliminate stones with its diuretic properties. Parsley is a detoxifier that helps the body purge toxins through the urine.
Cleansing the kidneys is an important part of a total cleanse regime.