Kids Healthy Eating - 9 Tips
9 Tips to Get Your Kids to Eat Healthier
From the time I was a Kid Myself, my Gramma got me to eat some healthy foods. Raising my own children and now being a Grandma, I've learned more tips and tricks to help get your kids to eat healthier. My granddaughter will eat extremely healthy at our home and is proud of it and will even like to show off to her friends how healthy she eats. I will share with yo 9 Tips that have worked for me and I hope will help you to start your kids and other family members to a new and healthier life style.
One tip is to serve foods individually to babies so they will learn to acquire a taste but as you will see, you can also sneak healthy foods into your diet. My delicious Sneaky Spinach Strawberry Mango Smoothie Recipe is just another way to add more Spinach into our lives and to start our family eating healthier.
Today, I added raw carrots to my smoothie and the NutriBullet Blender amazingly ground them up effortlessly and totally smooth. I could not taste the spinach or the carrots. Personally, I like to have the kids involved in cooking and creating the healthy recipes. When they are part of creating it, they are more likely to try it with enthusiasm.
Healthy Vegetable and Fruit Smoothie Recipes below. You and your kids will love healthy fruit and veggie smoothie recipes. They will love helping you make them too. Frozen Fruit make it so easy to drink/eat smoothies all year long.
Have fun with trying your own variations on this recipes. I tried Broccoli in a smoothie once and didn't like it. The flavor of broccoli was just too strong.
Spinach Smoothie for Kids can taste really, really yummy because the fruit taste overpowers the spinach mild flavor. Add more and more very slowly. You can make a Sneaky Spinach Smoothie or let them add the spinach in very small amounts working your way up.
What veggies do you put into your Smoothies? See Healthy Smoothies Recipes Below too.
Try the best Gluten Free Protein Shake Mix that I have ever found. (I searched for around 10 years). Whole Foods Nutrition for your children and you. Well balanced and NO unhealthy Aspartame because it is sweetened Naturally and with Stevia and you know how much I love Stevia. 13 grams of Fiber and 13 grams of Protein. Dr. Sears takes Juice Plus vegetable and fruit capsules and recommends them to his patients.
CLICK HERE for more information about Juice Plus Complete Shake Mix Click on the Store or the Products Tab for more information or call Linda Feucht, Little Linda Pinda at 239-949-9090.
See my Fun Challenge and Tasty Fruit and Veggie Smoothie Recipes for Kids and Adults
Even SUPER Fussy Eaters will often Try a Smoothie with Spinach
9 Easy Tips to Kids Eating Healthier
Sneaky Spinach Strawberry Mango Smoothie Recipe too.
Here is the Fun Challenge to get a REALLY fussy 4 year old (almost 5) update and fruit and veggie smoothie recipes for kids and you:
I had the pleasure of meeting my daughter's boyfriend (now soon to be husband) and his son a few weeks ago. Cute little 4 year boy, almost 5. He is possibly one of the fussiest eaters around. My daughter kept warning me how he won't even try healthy food. She has been trying to be a healthy influence on the two of them. I was told he will not eat food mixed together. My daughter said he will eat strawberries separately and drink pulp free orange juice, separately but will not eat them together. Well, I was challenged and I was determined.
As I was making the smoothie with the little guy, his dad kept shaking his head "No" that there was NO WAY he would drink this or even try the smoothie.
I not only was able to get him to try a strawberry smoothie but I was able to get him to put the spinach in and try it. The next day he asked me if we could make another smoothie. A couple of weeks passed by my daughter told me that the little boy asked her for a "Spinach Strawberry Smoothie" when they went to a smoothie restaurant. That was so exciting to me.
UPDATE on FUSSY CHILD
He just turned 6 years old. While on another visit, I took the spinach out to make a smoothie and he grabbed a few leaves of fresh spinach and shoved them in his mouth PROUDLY to show me how he is eating healthier now. He wants to become a STRONG athlete. My daughter has been slowly working on them to eat healthy. We did the Smoothie Spinach Challenge again. He put a little spinach in the smoothie. I had him taste a smoothie without spinach and a smoothie with spinach. He guessed wrong again. He could not tell which smoothie sample had the spinach in.
Watermelon Nectarine Smoothie Recipe
SNEAKY SPINACH STRAWBERRY MANGO SMOOTHIE RECIPE - SMOOTHIES - The Great Way to Health, Energy, Lose Weight and to Stop Constipation by Little Linda Pinda
This Sneaky Spinach Strawberry Mango Smoothie Recipe could be the Start of a whole new Healthier life for you and your family. I can not detect the Spinach in this smoothie AT ALL. I have a really great tester tongue too for flavors. I am able to create really great recipes from restaurants because I am able to detect various ingredients and then recreate the recipe at home and my family loves it. My husband was the very first to taste this he he couldn't taste the spinach either. Wow. To get your children to start eating FRESH SPINACH and love it. Next they will be dipping the Spinach Leaves in my Honey Flax Seed Recipe too. Let them help you make the dressing too.
Why are Smoothies so very good for us. Health expert recommend that we eat 9 to 10 servings of Fruits and Vegetables per day. Remember when the Government used to recommend 4 to 5 Servings of Fruits and Vegetables per day. Do most people even eat that.
Smoothies are a Fantastic way to Easily get 2 to 3 servings or Fruit and now with my Newest Smoothie Recipes, you can even get some Deep Green Vegetables in your Smoothie without even tasting it. REALLY. It is soooooo Good.
Smoothies are one of my personal Top Favorite ways to Stop Constipation because they are FAST, EASY and Easy to Eat/Dring on the Run. When I eat Fruit, it seems to ward off Constipation better than even Vegetables, for me, but I do definitely recommend eating vegetables. You Veggies for your general health and to stop constipation. Vegetables are a great source for energy too.
I also like Smoothies because you can HIDE so many Healthy ingredients. I often used Green Powder with Chlorophyll which helps with Energy and Feeling better but they often make my Smoothies taste yucky. I am about to try a new product that I will tell you about after I tested it for you. It sounds really exciting. I will announce it soon.
Healthy Vegetable and Fruit Smoothie Recipes
9 Tips to Kids Eating Heatlhier. Lets Start out a Fun Way by Making a Smoothie. Leave out the Spinach at First or just add 1 Spinach Leaf.
1. Let them Choose the Ingredients (along with your consultation of course)
2. Make it together. Let them dump the ingredients into the Blender.
3. Have a Smoothie Party - Invite a couple of their Friends to make it with them. Have FUN!!!
4. Talk about Smoothies as a Treat, like going out for Ice Cream. (That is how I think about it. Sometimes if I have an Ice Cream craving I will make a Smoothie instead)
5. After they LOVE Smoothies, then start experimenting by SLOWLY adding in some hidden Healthy Ingredients. They will Slowly acquire a taste and not even realize you are adding those ingredients such as Flax seed, Spinach, Fiber, Protein or Green Powders.
6. When you first put in the Healthy ingredients, use small amounts without the children seeing. Let them taste. Get them pumped up about being PROUD to be eating healthy. Then make it fun to put a tiny bit of Spinach or fiber in the smoothies and work you way up. Have them brag to their friends on the healthy smoothies they make and eat.
7. Put toppings they like on veggies. I started eating Broccoli and Cauliflower with Cheese sauce. Eventually I loved it plain.
8. Most IMPORTANT - Make sure they are really Hungry when you are giving them something they will not necessary like.
9. Let them see you Drinking this Smoothie as a Special Treat for you. Maybe if they are lucky you will let them "TASTE"
SNEAKY SPINACH STRAWBERRY MANGO SMOOTHIE Leave out the Spinach and Fiber at First
Blend these Ingredients in a Blender or Magic Bullet Blender:
1 3/4 Cup Strawberries slighty thawed in Microwave for 50 Seconds
1 Spinach Leaf up to 1 Cup FRESH Spinach Leaves (start out really small to begin with, even one leaf to start excepting the spinach)
1/4 Piece of Ripe Banana
1/4 Cup Crushed Ice if Desired
1 tsp Lemon Juice from Concentrate or 1 TBS Fresh Lemon Juice and pulp
1/2 Scoop Juice Plus Complete Whole Foods Shake Mix.
- I like Brazil Gourmet 100% Juice- Powerful flavor helps cover-up flavor healthy additions.
1/2 tsp Fiber work up to 1 TBS eventually, less for children
1/2 tsp Flax Seed, work up to 2 TBS, less for children
Blend in the Blender or Magic Bullet until Smooth
Especially just to start, I highly recommend this Mango Juice because the Flavor is so powerful that it is really easy to hide the Spinach and Flax Seed in. It is 100% Juice too. Below is a link for the Handy 15 little 11.16 ounce to go Cartons. Easy to toss into lunch bag or take in the car. You can also buy it larger and smaller container sizes.
CLICK Here to visit LittleLindaPinda.com
Smoothie and Salad Recipes
Juice Plus Complete Smoothie Mix helps create GREAT Smoothies
Prep Time: 3 Minutes
Total Time: 3 - 5 Minutes
Serves: 1 - Adult or 2-3 Children
- 1 Spinach Leaf up to 1 Cup Fresh Spinach Leaves (start out small & work up to more)
- 1/4 of Ripe Banana
- 1/4 Cup Crushed Ice
- 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp Lemon Juice from Concentrate or 1 TBS Fresh Lemon Juice
- 6 ounces Mango Juice (I like the Bazil Gourmet Mango Nectar for it's strong flavor)
- 1 1/2 to 3/4 Cup Frozen Strawberrie - Slightly thawed if you are using a Magic Bullet.
- Optional: 1/ 2 tsp Fiber (work up to 1 TBS eventually for adults) Do Not Add Fiber when using Juice Plus Complete Shake Mix
- Optional: 1/ 2 tsp Flax Seed (work up to 1 TBS eventually for adults)
- 1/2 to 1 Scoop Juice Plus Complete Shake Mix (NO need to add extra fiber when using this)
- Blend all the ingredients in a Blender or Magic Bullet until smooth. When using the Vitamix Blender there is no need to thaw the fruit or crush the ice because the Vitamix Blender is so powerful.
- Juice Plus Complete Shake Mix my FAVORITE Smoothie Mix. See the Ingredients
Will Your Kids Drink a Smoothie with Spinach and Flax Seed in it?
Would you ever try a smoothie with Spinach in it?
You really can't even taste the spinach with all these awesome ingredients.
Watermelon Nectarine Smoothie Recipe
www.This Smoothie Recipe is So Good