Krill Oil: Benefits and Supplements
Krill oil is a unique tool against the aging process. It is the richest source of astaxanthin - the king of antioxidants. Being environmentally friendly natural product, it is a priority in the food industry, healthy lifestyle.
Currently, the market has a lot of foods containing polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acids class. But the only omega-3 from the Antarctic krill in the form of valuable phospholipid compounds with potent natural antioxidant astaxanthin yields in very obvious and scientifically proven results. It is proved that the phospholipid form is preferable compared to omega-3 in the form of triglycerides (eg: fish oil, omega-3 derived mainly from cod liver oil). Fatty acids in the phospholipid form have a greater bioavailability in contrast to the fatty acids in triglyceride form, and are much better absorbed and transported to all body cells.
Krill oil is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids necessary for good health. They can not be synthesized by our body and have to have the external supply. These acids are called essential fatty acids (EFA) and have indispensable power. Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) are ones of the most important components of human body metabolism. Only omega-3 krill oil, being in the phospholipid form (and not in the form of triglycerides), can penetrate into every cell of the body and overcome the blood-brain barrier, entering the brain, thereby promoting active recovery functions and structure of the brain.
Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) have a regulative effect on the synthesis of prostaglandins, leukotrienes and thromboxanes. Each of these compounds should be plentiful in every period of time and place, respectively. They regulate important body functions: blood pressure, reduction of individual muscles, body temperature, platelet aggregation and inflammation. In order to control these processes, the body synthesizes these specific compounds from fatty acids contained in dietary fats, which should be ingested in sufficient amounts. An additional advantage of PUFA is that they improve the structure of the skin, hair and nails. These substances also provide more rapid healing of wounds, scars, ulcers and other damage to the skin and mucous membranes. They are effective for psoriasis, eczema, candidiasis, bronchial asthma, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis. At the same time, krill oil omega 3 fatty acids have a positive effect in inflammatory diseases, help prevent arthritis. Different researches in many countries confirm that regular consumption of omega-3 may reduce the risk of diseases associated with aging.
The main krill oil benefits for a human organism are the following:
- It is a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids in the phospholipid form;
- It has an antioxidant effect. Protects cells from damage by free radicals;
- It is used by the body to build cell membranes and ensures the normal functioning of cells makes the cells more resistant to harmful influences;
- It has a significant rejuvenating effect. and prevents the aging process;
- Omega 3 oil helps the body to resist stress and chronic fatigue syndrome;
- These acids have a positive effect on the cardiovascular system, reduce the risk for cardiovascular disease;
- They regulate the metabolism of fats and cholesterol. Phospholipids are the solvent of cholesterol and other compounds of highly;
- PUFAs contribute actively and reduce cholesterol and triglycerides, slow the accumulation of plaque in arteries, reduce the risk of thrombotic events, have anticoagulant effect, improve the rheological (fluid) properties of blood, which is directly related to the prevention of heart disease and brain;
- Krill oils omega 3 fatty acids lower blood pressure, risk of heart attack, coronary heart disease, stroke and sudden death;
- They are neuroprotectors;
- These essential substances along with vitamins strengthen metabolism in nervous tissue and improve circulation in the vessels of the brain;
- Improve memory, increases mental and physical activity;
- The oil promotes active recovery functions and structure of the brain, slowing the aging process of brain cells;
- Facilitates the transmission of nerve impulses. Essential for normal brain development and function, as well as central nervous system (CNS) and the organs of vision;
- Recovers the organs of vision, strengthens eye capillaries, improves visual acuity;
- Effective in Alzheimer's disease, cerebral functions of various etiologies, in disorders of memory and cognitive function, dementia, confusion, fatigue;
- Opposes the stress and depression;
- Has a calming effect on the nervous system, reduces anxiety, worry, stress, improves sleep;
- Promotes the formation of energy as a result of splitting of fatty acids, increases vitality;
- Controls the immune and reproductive systems;
- Contributes to the restoration of bone tissue, prevents the development of arthrosis, arthritis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis;
- Improves absorption of calcium in the body, strengthens the bones of the skeleton, strengthens collagen and connective tissue;
- Provides elasticity of blood vessels and cartilage;
- Reduces inflammation in the connective tissues, blood vessels, joints;
- Blocks the synthesis of free radicals that damage the joints and connective tissues. Intensifies reparative processes. Enhances the synthesis of collagen and connective tissue;
- Stimulates the formation of joint fluid;
- Strengthens blood supply osteoarticular apparatus.
- Affects the synthesis of prostaglandins, leukotrienes and thromboxanes;
- Regulates platelet aggregation and inflammation, blood pressure, reduces individual muscles, the body temperature. In order to control these processes, the body synthesizes these specific compounds from fatty acids;
- Are necessary for the formation of fat that covers and protects internal organs;
- Stimulates regenerative processes in skin cells. Improves skin texture, hair and nails;
- Normalizes the function of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Is required for mental and psycho-emotional loads;
- Promotes faster healing of wounds, scars, ulcers and other skin lesions and mucous membranes;
- Krill oil is also effective in psoriasis, eczema, candidiasis, in bronchial asthma.
For more useful and interesting information on different topics, please, go here.