Find the Right Medical Kit Bag: A Review of 17 Medical Bags on Amazon
There are tons of medical kit bags specifically designed for medical tools and supplies available in the market. While getting a good one isn't complicated, choosing what's best for you could be a challenge, especially if a medical bag is an essential part of your daily life.
When purchasing a medical kit bag, there are several important things that you should consider and features to look for. Knowing these will help you find the bag the can best suit your needs.
- Purpose - There are several types of medical kit bags that serve different purposes. Knowing what exactly you'll use the bag for will significantly narrow down your options.
In this article, bags for healthcare professionals, EMTs, and first aid kits are reviewed. Reviews of some specialized medical bags are also included as an added bonus.
- Size - The right bag for you should be large enough to accommodate all your medical supplies. However, it shouldn't be too big that end up carrying a half-filled bag.
- Organizational features - The best medical bags have plenty of pockets to organize your stuff. It should also be designed in such a way that allows for quick access to your supplies, which is quite important during medical emergencies.
- Durability - Most medical bags are made of a polyester or nylon fabric, which offers some level of water-resistance. Make sure to choose one that is well-constructed and durable, especially if you plan on using your bag daily.
- Interior construction - If you'll be carrying or storing sensitive equipment, you have to choose a bag that is well-padded or has a compartment that have enough padding for protection.
- Stocked - This is one consideration for EMT and first aid kit bags. Buying a bag that's already stocked with medical supplies can save you time and perhaps some money. However, some of these items may not be what you want or need.
- Other features - Do you need a bag that has features compliant with some home healthcare requirements? Do you want it to be waterproof?
Best Medical Kit Bag
For healthcare professionals
* Organizational features * Features compliant with legal home healthcare requirements
Hopkins Medical EZ-View Med Bag
For EMT / EMS
* Durability * Size
Lightning X Jumbo EMT Trauma Bag
First aid kit bag for non-medical professionals
Organizational features (including labels)
Survival Work/Home First Aid Kit
Medical Kit Bag for Healthcare Professionals
1. Hopkins Medical EZ-View Med Bag
Dimensions: 14" x 11.75" x 8"
Made by a company that specializes in creating and providing unique healthcare products, this bag allows medical professionals to easily store and organize their home health supplies.
The bag has six zippered compartments, including two side fold-down compartments with 10 see-through zippered pockets and six see-through pouches each. The pouches are resealable and designed to keep items such as medical dressings clean.
The roomy main compartment can accommodate diagnostic equipment and other larger items. One of the two zippered end pouches is designed to hold a one-quart sharps container, following OSHA's requirement to keep such item separate from other supplies. On the front of this bag is a patient's record pocket with lockable zippers for compliance with HIPAA requirement.
This bag is well-constructed and made of heavy duty fabric. It's coated with waterproof polyurethane, providing added protection to its contents.
- With features that are compliant with some legal healthcare requirements
- Excellent organizational features
- Main compartment is a bit narrow on the inside
2. New Gear Medical Antimicrobial Messenger Bag
Dimensions: 14.5" x 7" x 12"
The New Gear medical bag beats other products available in the market with its antimicrobial property - a great feature that most medical professionals will benefit from. The antimicrobial treatment offers a level of infection control throughout the entire bag. This won't be affected when the bag is soiled and wiped clean with a disinfectant or soap and water.
The bag has five zippered compartments, five sleeved sections that can be used for keeping files and paperwork, and six see-through pockets to organize smaller medical supplies. Those who often carry electronic devices will appreciate this bag's protective laptop space.
Although this bag doesn't have designated “Clean" and “Dirty" space, which is what home care providers require, any of the large zippered pockets can be used given their antimicrobial property.
This bag comes with an adjustable and removable shoulder strap. The bottom is geared with a reflective trim for visibility and non-slip feet for protection. At the back is a slip pocket to easily slide the bag on or off a wheeled trolley (sold separately).
- Excellent quality; made with good-quality and durable materials
- Plenty of pockets and space for organization and storage
- Zippers of large compartments don't fully open
- Shoulder strap is difficult to lock in place
3. Nurse Mates Ultimate Nursing Bag
Dimensions: 13" x 9" x 14"
One of the most popular medical bags for nurses, this bag offers plenty of space for holding most of the standard medical equipment and is a must-have for a traveling nurse.
There are four zippered compartments and two side pockets, which can be used for holding drinks and snacks. The roomy main compartment is narrow but deep and has a sleeve that allows for separation of contents. The other zippered compartments have smaller interior pockets which are great for organizing and storing all nursing accessories.
This bag is made with a polyester-nylon fabric which isn't only durable but also water and stain resistant. It features heavy-duty zippers that ensures long-term use. With dual handles and detachable adjustable shoulder strap, it can be carried by hand or slung over the shoulder for mobility.
- Lots of pockets for storage
- Comes in several designs and colors visually appealing to both male and female nurses
- Fabric paint on printed designs easily rub off
- Some durability issues with the buckles for shoulder straps
4. RA Bock Deluxe Nylon Medical Bag
Dimensions: 14" x 5" x 9"
A product that promises the highest quality construction, this medical bag is made with 900D nylon, high-quality Velcro, and YKK zippers - the most durable brand of zipper on the market.
This bag has two zippered compartments, with 14 open pockets inside the large main compartment to organize and categorize items. It's big enough to accommodate a whole diagnostic set and has a wide opening to easily retrieve or replace the contents.
The bottom is padded but not stiff. It has both shoulder strap and carry handle so it can be carried in two ways.
- Well-made and quite durable
- Just the right size; roomy but not too big for daily use
- Smaller compartment is too small for files or a clipboard
- Doesn't have separate "Clean" and "Dirty" compartments
Rescue and Trauma Bags
1. Lightning X Jumbo Stocked EMT Trauma Bag
Dimensions: 19.75" x 14" x 9"
A trauma bag filled with supplies put together by the maker's team of former and current EMTs, this product comes in excellent layout and size that first responders and EMS agencies will love.
The customizable main compartment includes removable colored pouches that can be used to categorize and organize medical supplies. It also has removable dividers which can be arranged to suit the specific needs of the user. In addition, there are four zippered exterior pockets, elastic airway loops, and a mesh flap pocket.
There's a zippered compartment that can hold a D-sized oxygen cylinder and regulator. It's designed to allow access to the cylinder without the need to take it off the bag. On top of it is a removable foam sleeve which offers more options for organization. If removed, the oxygen cylinder can be accessed from the top.
This bag is made with high-quality material. The bottom and sides are reinforced with pebble-embossed PVC which provides extra durability and water resistance.
Although this bag is stocked with medical supplies, it's also possible to buy just the bag here.
- Roomy and with lots of pockets and extra features for efficient organization
- Included medical supplies are of high quality
- Some supplies that come with it may be too much for non-medical professionals
- Included oxygen tank is empty
2. Lightning X Large Intermediate EMT Medic Modular Trauma Bag
Dimensions: 20" x 16" x 6"
Designed for use by EMTs or rescue squads, this product is a mid-sized ALS trauma bag that can hold all medical supplies required for a trauma call, except an oxygen bottle. This medical bag is heavily reinforced so it can withstand years of use and abuse.
The large main compartment houses four colored pouches and six foam dividers which can be easily customized or removed. Each pouch features an interior pocket and a clear vinyl window for better organization and quick access to high-priority items. The green one has elastic loops for Berman Oral Airways.
The main flap has padding and three zippered compartments for often-used items. There are two side pocket and one front pocket, each of which features nylon pockets with dividers and interior elastic instrument loops.
This bag includes an adjustable and removable ergonomically-shaped shoulder strap which attaches to spring-loaded metal hooks. All compartments feature double zippers which can be locked for safety and logistical purposes. A water- and abrasion-resistant PVC/Nylon reinforcement covers the lower half and bottom of the bag.
- Excellent organizational features
- Durability issues with the zippers
3. Rothco EMT Bag
Dimensions: 22" x 11" x 11.5"
Produced by one of the leading suppliers of military, survival, and tactical clothing and gear, the Rothco EMT Bag is great for emergency personnel who need to keep their gear and equipment well organized. It's budget-friendly price makes it attractive to those who want a reliable starter medical kit bag that doesn't break the bank.
This is a pretty basic bag that's made with durable polyester material. It has six zippered compartments including a large main compartment that measures 12" x 8" x 11", two large and two small side compartments, and one front compartment.
The main compartment opens with a U-shaped zippered flap that allows for quick and easy access to the contents. There are two small front pouches, which have hook-and-loop closure and D-rings. The rear side has a 6-loop bandolier can be used to attach additional gear.
- With tons of pockets that make organization fairly easy
- Big enough to accommodate a good amount of medical equipment but not bulky
- Narrow main compartment
- Included removable insert doesn't fit the bag perfectly
4. Aurelius Large Capacity Trauma Bag
Dimensions: 23.6" x 11.8" x 11"
The Aurelius trauma bag is best for use in schools, community centers and by sports teams. It's customizable and designed to allow for effective organization so that contents can be quickly accessed when needed.
It features a large main compartment with three Velcro-attached dividers to which can be used to easily classify the supplies. It also includes three removable pouches which are great for organizing small accessories. There are also two front and two side zippered compartments for storage of and quick access to often-used emergency supplies.
This bag is made of durable, heavy-duty, and water-resistant nylon and the inner is padded with foam for the protection of its contents. The bottom is designed to be anti-scratch for increased durability. The bag also has reflective striping to make it easy to find in the dark.
- Large capacity and lots of features for easy organization
- Good build quality
- Extra features may not be useful to non-professionals
5. Ergodyne Arsenal 5244 First Responder Trauma Backpack Jump Bag
Dimensions: 14.5" x 5" x 20"
The Ergodyne Arsenal 5244 Backpack is ideal for use as firefighter, tactical, police, EMS, EMT, park ranger, or wildland medical bag. The main material used is a durable 600D polyester. The base is reinforced with tarpaulin and has molded feet for added durability.
The main compartment is roomy and deep allowing it to fit c-collars. There are internal mesh dividers for customized organization. Side and front pockets can be used to store often-used items, accessories, or water supply. Although a backpack, its main compartment opens all the way down allowing easy access without having to rummage through the bag's contents.
The back panel and shoulder straps are sufficiently padded. There are daisy chain webbing and holstering straps on the front for attaching AED bag or lateral transfer sheet.
- Big enough but not bulky
- Well-designed and built with heavy-duty water-resistant material
- Doesn't have enough pockets and pouches for easy organization
- Small pouches sold separately
First Aid Kit Bags
1. Surviveware Small First Aid Kit Bag
Dimensions: 5.5" x 3.5" x 7.5"
Coming from a company that builds camping, backpacking, and preparedness products, this stocked medical kit bag is ideal for use in travel and outdoor adventures. It's also a great starter home emergency kit or basic car first aid kit.
The bag is made from durable 600D polyester and uses quality zippers. It's small enough to fit inside a backpack without taking up too much space or a car's glove box but big enough to accommodate 100 essential first aid supplies. At the back of the bag are MOLLE compatible straps allowing the user to carry it on his belt or on other bags.
The outside material is water-resistant while the inside is waterproof. All contents are placed in zip-top laminate pockets keeping the contents safe and secure even in wet environment. Each pocket is also labeled according to purpose so items can be easily identified and used during stressful emergency situations. There's also a separate zippered pocket that can be used for personal prescription medication.
- Kit is approved by FDA and has passed tests that ensure the safety of included items
- Logically organized and labeled interior
- Included tourniquet is inadequate
- Doesn't have enough room to accommodate additional supplies
2. Survival Work/Home First Aid Kit
Dimensions: 7.1" x 4.7" x 11"
The Survival medical kit bag is extremely rugged, made of water-resistant material, and designed to withstand harsh environments. It's stocked with 150 pieces of first aid supplies.
This bag uses large and sturdy zippers making it easy to open the kit during an emergency. Once unzipped, the kit folds out for easy access to its contents. There's also a detachable panel inside the bag which can used to store items that are likely to be used more often. This panel can be unzipped and placed on the outside of the bag using built-in Velcro.
Inside the bag are plenty of mesh pockets to store medical supplies. There's also a zippered pocket to accommodate additional items. Each pocket is labeled with the name of the component and what it's usually used for. Each component is color coded to represent the item's purpose so even those with no medical training will know which ones to use. The label also includes how many should be in the kit to make restocking easy.
The outside of the bag has reflective piping so it's easy to find even in the dark. There's also a section that holds instruction for CPR.
- Heavy duty and comes with excellent organizational features
- With plenty of room to accommodate additional medical supplies
- Zip pocket for personal items is too small
- Not waterproof
3. MONSTINA Empty First Aid Kit Bag
Dimensions: 9.8" x 9" x 3.5"
Made with waterproof nylon and fitted with water-resistant zipper, this bag is great for outdoor use but also a good choice for storage of medical supplies at home or in the car. Because it's empty, it's fully customizable and ideal for those who want to build their own medical kit using high-quality supplies.
The zipper fully opens for easy access. This bag has only one compartment but uses clapboards for organization. These dividers are fully adjustable so it's easy to make room for bigger items. There are also three same-size pockets on the top flap for more organizational options.
This bag has a carry handle and comes with a softly padded shoulder strap for convenience. Its appearance makes it easy to recognize as a medical bag so it can be quickly retrieved during emergency situations.
- Waterproof and sturdy
- Adjustable compartments for easy customization
- Stiff zipper
- Too small for a comprehensive home first aid kit bag
4. Echodo Mini First Aid Pouch
Dimensions: 6.1" x 5.6" x 0.7"
This medical bag is quite simple and just big enough for basic personal first aid supplies. It's ideal for use during travel or hiking as it doesn't take up too much space. It can also easily fit inside a car's glove box.
Inside this bag are several pockets and partitions for convenient storage and organization. It's made with oxford fabric which is lightweight but durable.
- Perfect size for building a small first aid kit
- With plenty of pockets for organization
- Zippers don't unzip smoothly
Although most products available in the market are red, the ISO standard for the color of a first aid kit bag is green.
Bonus: Specialized Medical Equipment Bag
1. Drive Medical Nebulizer Carry Bag
Dimensions: 12" x 7" x 9"
This carry bag is a great choice for those who want to carry or travel with their nebulizer efficiently and conveniently. It's designed to accommodate all of Drive Medical's nebulizers and most leading brands' line of nebulizers.
The bag is simple yet gets the job done. It's made of lightweight, easy-to-clean, and durable nylon. The compartment is big enough that it can fit the nebulizer, hoses, mouthpiece, mask, and medications with extra room to spare.
- Can fit nebulizers from most leading manufacturers
- Roomy but not bulky
- Shoulder strap and fabric isn't padded
- Durability issues with zippers
2. Insulpak Insulated Medication Travel Bag
Dimensions: 10" x 2.5" x 7.5"
This specialized medical bag is made for active people who need to travel with their temperature-sensitive medications. It's the first kind of carry bag that shows the internal temperature through an LCD display on the bag's exterior.
This bag comes with a 24-oz. gel pack that can keep medications cool for 24 to 30 hours. It's equipped with a cold compartment for storage of temperature-sensitive medicines and a regular compartment for needles, syringes, extra medications and other medical supplies. The bag is powered by a LR44 battery.
- Works well and keeps medicine cold for extended travel times
- Bag is well-constructed and sturdy
- Not as spacious as it seems and can only fit three to four insulin packs with the large gel pack
- Durability issues with the temperature display
3. Prestige Medical Padded Bag
Dimensions: 11" x 5" 9"
Constructed using water-resistant nylon and fully-lined with padding, this bag is specifically made to store and protect sensitive medical instruments.
The main compartment is roomy and have several interior pouches of varying sizes to hold and organize smaller items. These pouches use Velcro as partial closures to accommodate odd-sized medical supplies inside. There are two exterior zippered compartments for storing paperwork and other equipment.
- Perfect size for basic physical examination equipment
- With sufficient padding but not bulky
- Not big enough for home healthcare or nursing use
- Zippers clinking with every move could be annoying
If you find this article helpful, why not share it on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest to help others find the right medical kit bag for their needs?