A Picture of Borderline Personality Disorder
Pictures of Borderline Personality Disorder
Sometimes it's hard to put into words how certain aspects of Borderline Personality make a BPD sufferer feel. It's times like those when a picture really is worth a thousand words.
I looked and looked, and I think I've finally found a picture that accurately describes each symptom of BPD.
Borderline Personality Disorder
- Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment.
- Alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation (generally called splitting).
- Identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self.
- Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g. spending, sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating).
- Suicidal behavior or self-harming.
- Affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood.
- Chronic feelings of emptiness.
- Inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger.
- Paranoid ideation
I love you. Please don't leave me.
I need you right next to me all the time.
If you aren't with me, I'm scared you'll stop loving me.
You're a nice person, I'll do anything for you.
You're a bad person, evil. You deserve bad things. I hate you.
I don't care what I said yesterday. This is how I feel about you today.
Check back tomorrow.
I'm a good person. I hate myself.
I want a career. I can't decide what to do with my life.
I like myself. I don't even want to look at myself.
I have sex with many partners because it makes me feel loved.
The more I eat, the better I feel.
I'm not such a freak when I'm high.
The only time I feel anything is when I cut.
I'm worthless. I deserve to die. The world would be a better place without me.
Red is the only color in my black and white world.
I'm full of energy. I can do anything. I'm so happy!
I don't even have the strength to get out of bed.
Everything you do annoys me.
I'm so alone.
What's the point in anything. I don't even care.
All I can do is cry.
All I can think about is what you did wrong. I can't control myself.
I have to scream so you'll know how angry I am.
I break stuff because I feel broken inside.
People are whispering. They must be talking about me.
I saw how you looked at me. You think I'm crazy.
I can't remember what I did yesterday.
Photos and text; Â© 2011-2013 Catherine Taylor. All Rights Reserved
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.