Tips to control migraine headaches
Tips to control migraine headaches.
Migraine headache slows down our daily routine and sometimes it may halt our chores for a day or two. Modern world life styles push people to a whirlpool of work and stress. Unhealthy lifestyle and diet worsens the matter. This is a very favorable condition for migraine headache to spring up. Here are a few tips which will help to control migraine attacks.
- 1. Avoid exposure to severe weather conditions.
- 2. Wear a hat or cap when you have to walk in hot sun.
- 3. Do not consume very cold beverages. Leave them until they are at room temperature.
- 4. Strictly avoid ice creams, banana, chocolates (cocoa) and soft drinks.
- 5. Usually acidity or gastric irritation triggers migraine headache. Hence avoid foods which cause acidity.
- 6. Some may experience migraine attack after a meal containing Deep fried foods or spices or green chilli or cheese.
- 7. Make a note of foods and daily activities which might have precipitated an attack. This helps you to get an idea about the food and activities which have to be avoided.
- 8. Regular exercise helps to keep migraine at bay. Walking at a moderate speed is an ideal exercise.
- 9. Sleep well at night. Regular sleep pattern prevents migraine attacks.
- 10. Drink plenty of water. When body is hydrated well, chances of getting migraine reduces.
- 11. Stress is the major cause for migraine headaches. Involve in stress busting activities like Yoga, Meditation, deep breathing exercises etc.
- 12. When you feel stressed and tiered take a foot massage and foot bath. This relaxes body and mind. According massage therapists migraine headache can be relieved by massaging the pressure points on foot.
- 13. Avoid over physical exertion.
- 14. Keep away from tobacco, alcohol, marijuana etc which cause addiction.