Learn to Muscle Test | Get Answers to Life's Big and Little Questions
Learn Muscle Testing aka Kinesiology
You're driving to work and traffic is kind of bad. Should you take the freeway or get off on a side road? You'd like to improve your health by taking supplements. You visit the local health food store and are overwhelmed by all the choices just for antioxidants. Which ones should you take? You've been offered a new job. On the surface it seems pretty good. What should you do, stay where you are or take the new job? All these questions and more can be answered by simply learning muscle testing. It's an amazing technique that can help you quickly cut through too much distraction and get to the heart of what's important for you (or for your family.) Read this lens and you'll be able to get started muscle testing your way to answers as well.
What Is Muscle Testing Anyway?
And how does that solve my problem of what to do?
Muscle testing is a way to ask the body what it knows. If you're a head person, you may find it strange to think that the body knows something your head doesn't. But the body has an amazing ability to know what is true for it and what isn't true for it. It shows a truth by getting stronger, and it shows an untruth by getting weaker. Muscle testing is testing that stronger/weaker factor in any given situation.
You can use muscle testing in any situation requiring you to make a decision and which the mind is not capable of deciding. This can involve complex situations such as vitamins and supplements, driving directions, foods (if you've got allergies it can really help), and tons more things I'm not even thinking of right now!
For example....I'm going to muscle test whether I've said enough in this module, or if there's something else to say. One second....I got a "yes" I've said enough! (You can also use muscle testing to determine how to answer the "Duels" on Squidoo lenses!)
An Easy Two Handed Method
Let's get started!
There are many, many ways to muscle test. My least favorite is the one where you hold out your arm, and another person pushes down on it. Why is that my least favorite? Because it's so impractical. I don't want to have to ask someone in the produce department of the grocery store, to push down on my arm while I figure out which vegies to take home.
Here are two easy ways to muscle test that you can do by yourself.
- Form a circle with the thumb and forefinger of your nondominant hand.
- Squeeze the thumb and forefinger of your dominant hand together and insert into the circle.
- "Tell" your fingers to show you "yes." Using your dominant fingers open the circle of the nondominant hand. Notice what that feels like.
- Return to the normal position in #2. "Tell" your fingers to show you "no." Open the circle and notice how that felt.
- If this seemed easy, move on to "Muscle Testing Tips: Asking The Right Questions."
Two Handed Kinesiology
One Handed Muscle Testing
It's nice to be able to muscle test with one hand. Then if you are driving you can muscle test, while keeping the other hand on the steering wheel. It just doesn't work, however, if you are driving, talking on your cell phone AND try to muscle test.
- Place the thumb and forefinger of your nondominant hand very lightly together.
- Tell your fingers to show you "yes." You'll notice an increase in pressure between your fingers as if there's a magnet pulling them together.
- Tell your fingers to show you "no." You'll stop feeling your fingers touching, even though they still touch.
- This is a very subtle approach. Not everyone can do it. If these two methods don't work for you, then check out the YouTube video below which has two more methods and a slightly different approach to doing it. If one of these's methods did work, then move on to "Muscle Testing Tips: Asking The Right Questions" below.
One Handed or Half a Buddha Pose
Muscle Testing Methods - Getting a little frustrated? Sound out.
Which is easier?
How to Self Muscle Test - Forget the arm waving in space!
Accurate Muscle Testing
Muscle Testing Tips
Muscle Testing is not 100% accurate. But with lots of practice, it can become 80-95% accurate. I just muscle tested to see how accurate I am and I got 97-99% accurate. Wow! I even amazed myself. Of course, I've been doing it for over 10 years. Here's some tips to shorten the learning curve.
- You can only ask ONE yes/no question for each muscle testing. Don't ask compound questions.
- To muscle test well, you are asking your mind to pay attention to your body. It's like learning a foreign language. If you are tired or sick, it will be hard to focus.
- Hydration is a must! If you aren't getting clear yes/no answers, drink a glass of water.
- If you are very emotionally attached to the answer, it will be hard to get a clear answer. Asking if you or a loved one has cancer, is not a good idea.
- Once you find a method, practice, practice, practice.
- Start simply so you can build up your confidence. If you are muscle testing whether to have pizza or a salad, and you don't get it right, then the world will keep spinning. Once your confidence is built up about the answers, you can take bigger risks.
- If you get neither a "yes" or a "no," you may be asking the wrong question. In the example above, I'm assuming I should be eating something. If I don't get a clear answer (and I'm rested and hydrated), I may reask the question to be: Is it time to eat something? or Does my body want to physically move first?
A New Form of Energy Healing
Muscle Testing is used in the CCT Classes
I highly recommend this book...and not just because I wrote it!
Resources to Help You with Muscle Testing
- Crystalline Consciousness Technique
This energy protocol features muscle testing as part of its classes.
- My Squidoo Lens on CCT
Gives you the skinny on CCT in a single lens.
- My Personal Site
Find out more about me, who I am and what I do.
- Empowered Reiki
Get the self-teaching book on this fabulous energy healing technique. Includes a section on muscle testing.
- Higher Sense Perception Mastery
Increase your joy for living as you work with near, far and higher senses. Did I mention it also increases your intuition and psychic abilities?
- Human Energy and What You Can Do With It
Another great lens that tell you about your human energy anatomy.
- Top 10 Tips for Increasing Your Intuition
This lens will get you started.
- Are You An Unconscious Healer?
Not knowing about this spiritual gift can lead to strange things happening in your life.
Muscle Testing Books
Depending on the wording of your question you'll get different answers. Share your questions here...