My Fertility Charts: An App Review
When you start trying to have a baby, it's critical to know when you are fertile.
It's amazing how long we as women can go without learning how the fertility in our bodies work. To give yourself the best chance of conceiving quickly and easily, it's important to know how fertility works.
Charting your temperature daily will tell you so much about your body and how it works!
Once you learn how to do this, you'll need a place to record the results. Not long ago most people would print out and record on paper their temperature each morning, but with the advent of smart phones and iPods, there is an easier way!
There's an app for that.
In fact, there are several apps that you can use to record your temperature.
Not only will they show you your chart, but they will give you tips and help interpreting the charts.
The one I use is put out by MyFertilityCharts.com:
Just click here to get started...
What do you need to start charting your fertility?
Only a basal body thermometer and a place to record your results!
And this book will tell you all you need to know
This is THE book you need to learn about your body and your fertility.
I tried to get it from the library, but every copy was reserved for months! I found that it's definitely worth owning because you'll want to make notes. I learned SO MUCH about myself reading this book.
So what about the app? - It's great to have a digital way to record your temperatures each morning.
I really love using this app. I feel so confident about my conception chances as I start trying to get pregnant.
- The chart gets made for you, all you have to do is add the temperature each morning
- There's a place to record your other symptoms
- It's free for a basic service just like in the book
- But if you pay for the premium subscription, it will highlight your calender to show the days that you are most likely and least likely fertile. It's really nice to have that instant visual information! (45 day trial to see what it's like to have the shading!)
- Have to go to the website to see the current in-progress cycle. On the app you can view previous cycles
- I wish there was an easy to find key within the app of the notes and symbols used in the chart
- It does crash occasionally, but I can always just open it right back up again if it does, so that doesn't bother me
Whether you're trying to get pregnant or avoid pregnancy:
I recommend this app!
The more knowledge you have, the better. And this app helps give you the info you need about what's happening in your body.