How to Deal With Stress Using Essential Oils
Dealing With Stress Using Essential Oils
In today's modern society, stress has become a common feature in almost everyone's life. By and large everyone experiences certain degree of pressure at work, in academics and even at home. It often leads to poor performance and productivity. There are several ways to fight your stress such as meditation, exercise and aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is considered to be one of the best methods to help relieve stress. It is the judicious use of essential oils derived from the stems, flowers and leaves of certain plants and it helps enhance both physical as well as psychological well being.
Great Essential Oil Information Books on Amazon
Essential Oils Videos on Amazon
How To Deal With Stress Using Essential Oils
In the past, essential oils have been used to prevent illness and relieve stress. Even in modern times, essential oils have not lost their importance and several doctors are recommending it as a simple stress relieving therapy. Research suggests that the inhalation of certain vaporized essential oil provides immediate stress relieving effects. Besides it also helps raise the mood, reduce anxiety and aids focus and concentration.
In order to use essential oils for relieving stress, it is essential to determine which essential oil will prove to be the best option in relieving stress related symptoms.
Aromatherapy Dvd's on Amazon
- Stress Management
Everyone deals with stress, no matter what age or situation you are in. There are also different levels of stress, depending on what the stimuli is. For young kids, stress might come from the pressures of academic life or being bullied by their class
Some of the following essential oils are considered to be effective in treating stress symptoms:
- Basil essential oils are derived from the leaves of the herb and prove to be very useful in curing mental and intellectual fatigue and negativity. In addition, it also helps enhance concentration, enthusiasm and clarity of thoughts. It is pale yellow in color and has a fresh, sweet aroma.
- Cinnamon essential oil, obtained from the bark of the cinnamon tree is considered to be effective in enhancing optimism, fight stress and anxiety. This essential oil has a warm and sweet aroma.
- Cedarwood essential oil helps improve concentration and strength of purpose. Besides it also works well in relaxing mental strain and worry. It is amber in color and can be obtained from the wood of the cedar tree.
- Eucalyptus oil is a colorless essential oil that can be extracted from the leaves and young twigs of the tree. It helps combat restlessness, confusion and sluggishness. Moreover, it also enhances confidence, balance, creativity, enthusiasm, understanding and vitality.
- Orange essential oils are extracted from the peel of the fruit. Orange essential oil helps to fight apathy, anxiety and burn outs. It is pale yellow in color and has a refreshing aroma, which provides mental stimulation.
- Rosemary essential oil is a colorless essential oil that can be extracted from the flowering tops of the herb. It has a refreshing aroma that helps enhance energy, clarity, creativity and concentration. It also work wonders in treating strain, fatigue, lethargy and sluggishness.
- Lavender is considered to be a relaxant that helps soothe and calm a person. It is believed that merely a few whiffs of lavender can calm down a person instantly. You can add lavender essential oil to a bottle of water and spray it in your home or surroundings whenever you feel stressed. The fragrance will help you relax. Besides you can also put a few drops of lavender oil on your handkerchief and keep it in your purse and just smell it when you feel restless, completely fatigued or stressed.
Essential Oil Links
More Important Information on Essential Oils
- The Health Benefits of Essential Oils
The numerous health benefits of essential oils have been widely touted by many cultures who have used aromatherapy for a variety of reasons, promoting healing of both the mind and the body.