Pea Protein Powder
Pea Protein Powder: A Healthy Alternative Protein Source
Pea protein powder is a great new way to get the essential proteins you need to live a healthy lifestyle. People seek out pea protein powder for a variety of reasons. Some see it simply as a daily supplement to improve general health and wellness. Some use it effectively as an after workout supplement in shakes. Still others use pea protein because of allergies or as part of a vegan diet. Whatever the reason, pea protein powder is a wonderful option to consider. This lens will evaluate the many benefits and potential side effects of pea protein powder in general. Then, there will be an analyses and review of particular products in order to provide potential users with the knowledge to make empowered purchases. Finally, there are links provided to connect the larger network of pea and plant based protein powder resources on the web.
Benefits of Pea Protein Powder - Why I love pea protein and you should too!
The benefits of taking pea protein powder as a supplement are many, but they are varied and some of the benefits may be unexpected. First and foremost, pea protein powder is used by athletes and body builders either alone or in conjunction with other protein powders to achieve maximum muscle gain. Beyond this obvious function, here are some of the prominent benefits of pea protein powder:
- Hypoallergenic - If you have allergies to certain proteins (especially to whey protein), pea protein powder may be the perfect natural alternative for you.
- Excellent Vegan Option - As a vegan, protein becomes a daily must have. Pea protein is a great all natural and completely vegan way to get the high servings of protein you need.
- Affordability - Rather than break the bank on fancy whey protein supplements or other so-called protein boosters, pea protein is an affordable option to get the protein you want at a good price.
- Easy to Digest - Pea protein powder is highly soluble meaning that it is easy on your stomach. If other protein powders have been giving you a difficult time in this respect, many find that pea protein powder is a much better option.
- Amino Acids - The importance of amino acids cannot be understated. They are essential to living a healthy lifestyle and pea protein powder is packed with them.
- Helps the Kidneys Let's face it, we tend to dump far too many toxins into our system. Intentionally or not, our culture consumes them in fast food, genetically modified food, as well as from environmental factors. All of these things negatively affect kidney function, but pea protein powder has been shown to INCREASE kidney function and cleanse the system.
- Lowers Cholesterol - High cholesterol is on the rise in America, but you can take action to get it under control with pea protein powder. It has been shown to lower cholesterol with a daily serving.
- High Protein Content This is probably why most people would be attracted to pea protein powder. Most commercial providers have about 25 grams of protein per scoop! But this is also GOOD protein that is HIGH QUALITY. It is important to pay attention to the quality, not just the quantity of protein you are consuming. With over 5 BCAAs per serving, pea protein will help foster rapid muscle building as well.
Side Effects of Pea Protein Powder - A few words of warning...
While the side effects of pea protein powder are not many, there are some general warnings users should take into consideration when utlizing pea protein powder in a diet.
- Too Much Uric Acid - As with excessive consumption of any protein source, users of pea protein powder can experience complications due to excessive uric acid build-up from protein. Uric acid consumed at healthy dosage levels (recommended serving quantities) is a GOOD thing. It leads to accelerated muscle development. In excess it may produce pain in the joints due to the secretion of crystals. Always track the amount of protein you are ingesting daily to avoid this side effect.
- Bone Loss - Too much pea protein powder (or any protein) can lead to bone loss as the calcium is leached away from the skeletal structure. Again, make sure you are tracking how much protein you are consuming every day. Remember to include meals, not just what you get from supplements.
Alive! Pea Protein Powder Review - Why I like Alive! protein powder
I absolutely love the Alive! brand pea protein shake mix in powdered form. Some folks like to get the raw protein powder and develop their own concoction, but I like have something quick and easy to whip up for when I am on the go rushing out the door in the morning (which, I admit, is most mornings). The best part about it is that you CAN use it in your own concoctions as well, if you have the time. Simply add to any blender combination and watch the magic happen. It comes in vanilla flavor and apple cinnamon (both good, but it depends on your taste).
So what makes Alive! stand out from the competition? Well, it isn't entirely fair. Most of the other pea protein powders are not billed as "whole food energizers" or "ultra-shakes". Alive! contains so many essential vitamins and minerals that it really is a veritable health tonic. Personally, and from friends, family, and judging by the Amazon reviews, this pea protein powder brings a noticeable quality of life improvement to those who use it. The chances of getting sick from that virus or cold going around the office plummets! Before using Alive! I used to get the seasonal colds and flu's along with everyone else. My immune system was average. After starting with Alive! I have not only missed most of the seasonal viruses, but I have felt energized and ready to go every morning for work regardless of how much sleep I got the night before. It works so well for me that I have even cut on that morning cup of coffee. I am so glad I made the switch.
Pea Protein Resources - For More Information....
- Pea Protein Powder Site
Pretty much the only site on the internet exclusively dedicated to pea protein powder. There is also a nice section on alternative vegan plant based protein supplements.
- Vegan Web Resource
This is a nice comprehensive site with forums, recipes and extensive vegan resources. This is the perfect venue to ask questions about the various protein powders in the friendly forum they host.
- The Protein Guru
This site has some good information on the right kinds of protein powder to consume and what to look for in terms of nutrition facts. While many protein powders can be used interchangeably by men and women, there are some important distinctions. Cont
Pea Protein: Healthy Living
Pea protein is a healthy vegan option for healthier living and a better lifestyle.
Top 3 Pea Protein Powder Recommendations - Best value and quality!
Here are the top three pea protein powders in terms of quality and value.
Olympian Labs gives a great, highly mixable, protein powder. Consumer ratings are consistently highler for this particular product than for the rest of the competition. The best part about this protein powder is its simplicity. All you need is a scoop mixed with virtually any drink or concoction. It digests easily and is almost flavorless. It is also a non-GMO product which is important for some consumers.
The main benefit of this particular pea protein mix is that it is loaded with arginine which has been shown to widen blood vessels and decrease blood pressure. This also means that you can achieve maximum workout effectiveness with increased blood vessel function. LifeBasics is a reliable company that makes quality products.
This is a relativey affordable pea protein supplement that can be ordered in 1 or 2 pound containers. Source Naturals prides themselves on their vegan line of products and have been a favorite of the vegan community for some time. This product is also advertised as being great added to common recipes such as pasta, soups, or stews. If in meals is where you want to get your protein, go with Source Naturals.