Pomegranate Healthy Recipes
Pomegranate - a Source of Health in Your Kitchen
This amazing crowned fruit takes the place of honor among the most useful fruits of the planet. And not in vain! Pomegranate is not only delicious and flavorful, but also has many unbelievable beneficial properties. This fruit is sure to become an indispensable part of your family's ration as it is useful for both adults and children.
In one of the Russian fairy tales it is told about the search for miraculous "rejuvenating apples", which can make a man forever young. In German pomegranate is called granatapfel, which literally means "grainy apple." Who knows, maybe a pomegranate, with its wonderful properties, indeed is a kind of rejuvenating apple? So, what exactly are the benefits of this fruit and in what form you can present it to your loved ones? I'll tell you below.
Image used under Creative Commons from shyb
What Are the Useful Properties of a Pomegranate?
Image used under Creative Commons from Vietnam Plants & America plants
If you ask me this question - the first thing that I'd say is that pomegranate increases hemoglobin. I knew this since childhood, but once I got personally convinced of this, I absolutely do not doubt this fact anymore. After undergoing an operation, I found out that I lost a lot of blood and my hemoglobin sharply dropped, and it was, to a greater extent, this fruit that contributed to its rapid recovery. This was the main reason why I got interested in other useful properties of a pomegranate. And to my surprise they turned to be so many! Do you want to know what they are? Get your fingers ready to count off:
It purifies the blood of all hazardous substances and increases hemoglobin - due to vitamin B 12.
It increases immunity, that is the body's resistance towards various diseases (viral and infectious) - due to vitamin C.
It strengthens the walls of blood vessels - due to vitamin P.
It strengthens the nervous system - due to vitamin B6.
It eliminates intestinal dysbiosis (pomegranate juice and skin).
It protects against cancer and rejuvenates - thanks to vitamin E and F contained in the bones.
It prevents eye diseases - thanks to anthocyanins (powerful antioxidants).
It is a diuretic and choleretic agent.
It aligns menstrual disorders.
I will not say more: I think this is quite enough to convince you that this fruit is not for nothing wearing it "crown" and that it is worthy to appear regularly on your dinner table.
How to Peel a Pomegranate
Many people do not like to deal with pomegranates because of difficulties they encounter when trying to peel them and remove seeds. Do not deny yourself in this delicious and aromatic fruit for this trivial reason. There are several ways to peel a pomegranate wich can help you to keep all the juice in the seeds and not on your clothes and face.
To my opinion this is the best way to peel a pomegranate without losing juice and making a mess of your clothes and your kitchen. I wish I could see this video before I peeled my first pomegranate...))
Image used under Creative Commons from divinemisscopa
I suggest using the following healthy recipes to bring a little youth and health into your homes and on your tables.
This salad is delicious and light. You and your guests will be pleased.
- 1 pear
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 mandarin
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (low fat)
- Â½ tsp mustard
- Â½ tsp honey
- salt - to taste
- 1. Peel and seed a pomegranate.
- 2. Peel a mandarin and divide on segments.
- 3. Slice a pear thinly as in the photo.
- 4. Sprinkle the pear slices with the juice of mandarin.
- 5. Mix mayonnaise, mustard, honey and salt.
- 6. Mix all ingredients together.
- Image Credit: vsalat.ru
Mexican Pomegranate Salad
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 tsp sugar
- Â¾ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 2 potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado
- 4 teaspoons pine nuts
- 1. Peel and seed a pomegranate and squeeze juice from half of the seeds (you'll need 2-3 tbsp pomegranate juice). You will also need the rest of the seeds.
- 2. Boil and dice potatoes.
- 3. Chop garlic finely.
- 4. Chop an onion.
- 5. Chop an avocado.
- 6. Chop cilantro (you will need Â½ cup of finely chopped cilantro).
- 7. Roast pine nuts (you can buy already roasted nuts).
- 8. Gently mix all ingredients in a deep bowl, put it on portion plates and serve at once.
- Important: It is not recommended to cook this Mexican salad beforehand!
- Image Credit: receptysofi.ru
Mediterranean Cucumber and Pomegranate Salad
- 2 cucumbers
- seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1. Peel and slice the cucumber. Put the slices in a bowl.
- 2. Add pomegranate seeds, green onions, cilantro.
- 3. Sprinkle with lime juice and olive oil.
- 4. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- 5. Sprinkle with grated feta cheese before serving.
- Image Credit: plufit.ru
Pomegranate Seeds in Salads?
Image used under Creative Commons from elana's pantry
Have you ever tried adding pomegranate seeds to your salads? Do you like the way they taste, combined with other ingredients?
Pomegranate and Honey Sorbet
- 4 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp linden honey
- 1 Â½ cup water
- saffron - on the tip of a knife
- 1. Pour the pomegranate juice into a glass or stainless bowl and heat at a low heat.
- 2. Add honey or sugar, increase heat and bring to a boil.
- 3. Once it starts boiling, remove from heat and cool in a sealed container.
- 4. Serve with ice or chill in the refrigerator.
- Image Credit: wiki-diet.ru
Jelly is a tender, delicious and low-fat dessert that is adored by many. However, few have cooked jelly with such a combination of boiled pomegranate and orange juice and cream. Be sure to try it with pomegranate sauce "Narsharab" - you will discover a new culinary treat for you and your loved ones!
- 2 Â½ cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup cream (35%)
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- sauce "Narsharab"
- 1. Dissolve gelatin in Â½ cup of pomegranate juice and put aside.
- 2. Mix the rest of the pomegranate juice and orange juice in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 3. Add sugar to the mixture. Boil until the sugar is dissolved, then remove the saucepan from the stove.
- 4. Combine the contents of the saucepan with the gelatin and cream.
- 5. Stir thoroughly and pour into dessert moulds.
- 6. Put the moulds in a fridge and let the gelly to harden: this will take about 2 hours or more, depending on the capacity of your refrigerator and the quality of gelatin.
- 7. Before serving, extract the jelly from the molds by gently dipping them in hot water.
- 8. Make sure to serve with sauce "Narsharab".
- Image Credit: menudlyavas.ru
Pomegranate Sauce Narsharab
- pomegranate juice
- salt and spices to taste
- The recipe of Narsharab sauce is very simple: boil out pomegranate juice for an hour over on low heat, stirring constantly. 5 minutes before the end of the process add salt, black pepper or other spices to taste. I like to add a little bit of sugar.
- It is believed that Narsharab tastes best with game, giving it a delicate sourish flavor.
- Image Credit: kebab.in.ua
Pomegranate Juice for Your Health
Image used under Creative Commons from oufoxy
Pomegranate and Berry Smoothie
Fans of berry cocktails will definitely like this useful and refreshing smoothie.
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup of frozen berries mixture
- 1. Put the berries (do not unfreeze) into a blender, add the yogurt and pomegranate juice.
- 2. Blend until smooth.
- 3. Serve smoothies immediately.
- Image Credit: wday.ru
Pomegranate and Apple Cocktail
This hot cocktail is perfect for the cold season.
- 3 cups pomegranate juice
- 1.5 cups apple cider (or apple juice)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (not grounded)
- 4 sticks of cinnamon (4 inches each)
- 1 slice of orange
- 16 slices of kumquats
- 1/2 cup apple brandy (optional)
- 1. Put all ingredients (except half the kumquats slices and brandy) in a saucepan.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and cook for twenty minutes.
- 3. Remove from the heat and add apple brandy to taste.
- 4. Pour the beverage into mugs or glasses and add the rest of the kumquats slices.
- 5. Serve hot.
- Image Credit: culinary-recipes.org
There is a tradition in my country to meet the New Year with a glass of champagne. I know a very simple way how to make this drink even more delicious and flavorous. Now you do too!
- 1 bottle of champagne
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- pomegranate seeds
- Simply mix champagne with pomegranate juice and garnish by adding pomegranate seeds in the glasses.
- Image Credit: yamr.ru