How Do You Deal with Hair Loss during Pregnancy?
A lot of women suffer from extreme hair loss during pregnancy and during the post-partum period. However, you can have thick, beautifully voluminous hair even during these periods.
Hair loss and damaged hair are observed during pregnancy. Healthy diet, Aromatherapy
and Vitamin supplements promote hair growth during and after childbirth.
Hair loss and hair thinning is observed especially during pregnancy and after child birth. While the most common cause of hair loss is hormonal changes, there are a host of other dietary factors that can lead to damaged hair. This article attempts to provide information about the various causes and treatment for managing hair loss during pregnancy
Hair Loss and Pregnancy: What Causes Hair to Fall During Pregnancy?
There are two basic factors that contribute to hair loss and hair fall during pregnancy,
- The principal cause for hair loss is fluctuations in the hormone levels, predominantly, oscillations in the estrogen profile.
- Dietary errors and nutrient inadequacies are important contributing factors as well. Notably, if your diet lacks essential vitamins and minerals during the pregnancy, it triggers hair fall.
While hormonal fluctuations can’t be treated, nutritional deficiencies should be corrected without delay, or may lead to unfavorable effect on the baby’s growth.
How to Prevent Hair Fall during Pregnancy
Here are a few dietary suggestions that will help you prevent hair fall during and after pregnancy; they will also encourage a good hair growth:
- Follow a wholesome, well balanced and nutritious diet. Make sure you eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables,eggs, fish, milk, legumes, and whole grains.
- Eliminate refined and processed foods altogether; they provide only empty calories.
- Incorporate these ‘hair foods’: kidney beans, soy, tofu, flax seeds, milk, yogurt, alfalfa, and green leafy vegetables. These foods encourage good hair growth, avert hair fall and nourish the scalp.
- Stress increases the severity of hair fall; include certain foods that elevate the mood and prevent irritability.
Hair Care Tips
Tips to Prevent Hair Damage after Child Birth: Hair Loss During Pregnancy
Confer with an obstetrician; she will advise vitamin and mineral supplements that are crucial for your health as well as the baby’s health. Talk to your gynecologist on a regular basis. In addition there are some other hair care tips,
- Avoid washing your hair too frequently; use shampoos and conditioners that are mild and not too harsh. Those having biotin and silica are recommended.
- Dandruff sets off hair fall as well. Thus, it needs to be treated immediately. Use a paste made from fenugreek seeds to treat dandruff naturally. Massage the paste in to the scalp and keep for half an hour. Avoid using anti-dandruff shampoos.
- Do not over-style your hair. Steer clear of tight pigtails and braids; stay away from hair rollers, they the hair roots and the scalp.
Avoid Over Styling your Hair and Washing too Frequently
Aromatherapy and Hair Fall Treatment: Essential Oils during Pregnancy
Aroma oils have proved to be decidedly effective in the treatment of hair and scalp disorders. A hot oil massage yields fantastic results. Essential oils help treat dandruff as well as hair fall; also these oils battle stress successfully. Essential oils are relaxing, soothing and comforting; they make you feel happy and dispel stress and anxiety.
Conversely, make sure that you use only authentic and pure essential oils; and only those essential oils that have been permitted for use during pregnancy.