- Diet & Weight Loss
Quinoa Recipes: Easy, Quick and Simple
Low Calorie Toasted Quinoa Pilaf!
Low Calorie Great tasting Quinoa Recipes
PREP: 20 minutes COOK: 20 minutes MAKES:
Quinoa is delicious and so healthy you cannot go wrong with this super food! If you’ve never heard of quinoa, you’re missing out! This “supergrain” is full of zinc and iron and has all the same essential amino acids found in meats, dairy, and soy.
Toasted Quinoa Pilaf Recipe
Get More Quinoa Recipes
Quinoa Pilaf Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced (1 tablespoon minced)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups quinoa,* or barley, rinsed and well drained
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, diced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Quinoa Pilaf Recipe Directions:
- In a large saucepan cook shallots and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until tender. Carefully stir in quinoa or barley. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until quinoa or barley is golden brown. Carefully stir in broth, thyme, and bay leaf. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender and fluffy (cook barley about 10 minutes or until tender) and liquid is absorbed.
- Discard bay leaf. Gently stir in roasted peppers. Season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 125 cal., 3 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 169 mg sodium, 21 g carbo., 2 g fiber, 4 g protein
Try Quinoa today! Purchase and save now!
Buy Quinoa from Amazon