Supplements to Relieve PostPartum Depression
Many women suffer postpartum depression after the birth of a child, as their emotions are wide and varied between excitement and fear. Sometimes women will begin to experience anxiety and even depression after the birth of a child, so it's not uncommon that some new moms suffer post partum depression, which is a psychosis that develops after childbirth.
Postpartum depression is just a side effect of giving birth and having a child sometimes. It's not to be considered a weakness or a flaw.
You can treat postpartum depression, so don't think that you'll be down forever, although in some extreme cases, it can stick around, although it is very rare.
Supplements and Vitamins for Postpartum Depression
There are many studies on depression and postpartum depression- how to treat it and how to prevent it. Some studies once said that fish oil was a great natural treatment for post partum depression, but newer studies now say that there isn't any significant evidence that fish oil can reduce or prevent post-partum depression. But, if you want to try omega 3- fish oil, you can increase your consumption by eating more tuna,
salmon, or walnuts, or you can take a supplement. Just make sure that you contact your health care provider.
In any case, you should always contact your health care provider when trying any supplement while breastfeeding and/or if you're pregnant.
The below supplements and vitamins are thought to help reduce the risk and potentially prevent postpartum depression.
- Vitamin B3, or niacin, helps to supplement energy and energy conversion.
- Vitamin E will help with immune system function, as well as chronic fatigue which can increase the odds of depression and the blues.
- Folic acid supplements is something to consider, as some studies claim that low folic acid has been linked to depression. It's also been reported that people have recovered quicker from depression when taking folic acid supplements.
- Add more iron, as an iron deficiency can contribute to fatigue.
- Add more calcium to your diet, as low calcium can contribute to problems sleeping.
- Consider a zinc supplement to fight appetite loss and/or irritability. You can consume more wheat germ, whole grains, and meats.
Energy and Metabolism. Provides same effect as niacin without the natural flushing effects.
Tips for Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Importance of Prenatal Vitamins
- Kegel Exercises for Women Before and After Childbirth
- Keep a Belly Button Piercing During Pregnancy
- Weight Training Tips for Pregnant Women
- Naturally Reduce Stress While Pregnant
- Herbs to Relieve Stress and Anxiety During Pregnancy
- Healthy Diet for Women with Gestational Diabetes
- Continue a Vegetarian Diet While Pregnant
- Maintain a Vegetarian Diet While Nursing an Infant
- Healthy Diet to Relieve Postpartum Depression
Herbal and Home Remedies
- Natural Remedies and Herbs for Women's Health
- Aromatherapy for Women's Health
- Acupuncture Points Used to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
- Acupressure Relieves Menstrual Pain and Cramps
- Home Remedies for Yeast Infections
- Herbal Remedies to Grow Long Hair
- Lose Weight with Chinese Herbs
- Supplements to Relieve Asthma
- Home Remedies for Constipation
- Herbal Remedies for High Blood Pressure
- Aid Anxiety with Chinese Herbs - Natural Treatment for Anxiety
- Natural Supplements to Battle Holiday Depression
- Cure Holiday Blues and Anxiety with Supplements
Disclaimer: Please be aware that the advice in this article should in no way replace that of a licensed physician. If you have any questions, please consult your doctor so that you can determine your diagnosis and the best treatment.