- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Home Remedies for Constipation
People get constipated when they do not maintain healthy diet and nutrition. When you eat excessive fried foods, fast food, meats, or you don't consume enough water, you will find yourself more prone to being constipated.
You do not have to take an over-the-counter laxative to relieve your constipation. There are home remedies that you can try that will be safer for your body, as most commercial laxatives will contain agents that will kill the good bacteria in your body, lessen nutrition absorption, clog the intestinal walls, and turn people into laxative addicts.
You may be constipated if you are experiencing the following signs of constipation:
- Lack of bowel movements
- Abdominal pain
- Heavy feeling in the stomach
- Your tongue is coated in mucus
- Frequent headaches
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in the lower legs
When trying to cure your constipation with an at home remedy, there are many that you can try out, as they won't all work for you the same. Just remember that exercise and keeping a well balanced diet is very important at relieving constipation.
Home Remedies for Constipation
Below is a list of things that you can eat in order to relieve constipation:
- Guava eaten with the seeds will provide roughage to your diet.
- Eat prunes, apricots, pears, grapes, papaya, and drink orange juice. Try eating 3 prunes and 3 apricots in the morning and at night.
- Eat at least three raw, uncooked fruits a day.
- Eat an apple at least two hours after dinner.
- Eat two raw, small beets in the morning, and expect a bowl movement in 12 hours.
- Take 1 to 2 tablespoons of flaxseed with a lot of water right after lunch or dinner.
- Eat a handful raw, unsalted sunflower seeds daily as they have been known to promote regular movements.
- Raw sauerkraut contains good bacteria that will aid in digestion and act as a laxative.
- Bael fruit when eaten raw is a natural laxative, cleaning and toning the intestines.
- Add unprocessed bran into your favorite cereal in the morning. Start with adding just 1 teaspoon and work your way up to 2 tablespoons each morning.
- Exacarole and Spanish onions are great natural laxatives that should be eaten raw in order to obtain the most benefit.
- It's said that eating fresh garlic every day, you can relieve constipation, whether the garlic is cooked or raw.
- Okra and raw spinach can act as mild laxatives.
- Take 1 teaspoon of brewer's year and 1 teaspoon of wheat germ with each meal.
Below is a list of home remedies that you can drink to relieve constipation naturally:
- Drink a glass of warm milk before bed.
- Drink lemon juice mixed with warm water 2 to 3 times a day or drink prune juice 2 to 3 times a day.
- Take 1 to 2 teaspoons of aloe gel twice a day.
- Add 1 teaspoon of corn syrup to 8 ounces of water.
- Add extra sugar to some honey and a glass of milk and drink it twice a day.
- Soak a seedless date overnight in a cup of water, and in the morning mash up the date, remove the pulp, and drink 1 teaspoon of the water 3 to 4 times a day.
- Mix 1/2 cup of olive oil and a 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- Add caster oil to a glass of warm milk.
- Soak 50 grams of cassia pulp in water overnight and drink with 25 added grams of water in the morning.
- Drink a litter of warm water and walk around for a few minutes early in the morning.
- Mix 1 cup of tomato juice, 1/4 cup of carrot juice, and 1/2 cup of sauerkraut juice and drink.
- Olive oil is a natural laxative; take 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in the morning and one after dinner.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of blackstrap molasses with 1/2 cup of warm water and drink an hour before lunch.
Herbal and Home Remedies
- Supplements to Relieve Asthma
- Supplements to Relieve PostPartum Depression
- Cure Holiday Blues and Anxiety with Supplements
- Natural Supplements to Battle Holiday Depression
- Aid Anxiety with Chinese Herbs and Natural Medicine
- Herbal Remedies for High Blood Pressure
- How to Clean Your Body Naturally - Detoxification with Herbs
- Natural Remedies and Herbs for Women's Health
- Acupuncture Points Used to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
- Aromatherapy for Women's Health
- Acupressure Relieves Menstrual Pain and Cramps
- Herbal Remedies to Grow Long Hair
- Home Remedies for Yeast Infections
- Lose Weight with Chinese Herbs
Disclaimer: Please be aware that the advice in this article should in no way replace that of a licensed physician. If you are severely constipated, you want to consult your doctor so that you can get treatment.