Signs Of A Narcissistic Man - Narcissistic Traits in Males
The signs of a narcissistic man are actually quite easy to spot...but only once you know what you are looking for!
We all display some narcissistic personality disorder symptoms. This is perfectly normal.
But NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder) is something totally different.
In the early days of a relationship with a narcissistic man, you may admire his self confidence and generosity.
He will sweep you off your feet. He will tell you how he loves you like no other and begin planning your life together.
But this is simply a front. A thin veneer covers his fragile ego. Underneath, this narcissistic sociopath, or narc, is the polar opposite to everything you believed him to be.
When the going gets tough and you need emotional support, the narcissistic man just isn't going to be there for you. This is possibly when the red flags start appearing and you start becoming confused and anxious about his behavior.
Narcissistic traits in males are cold, heartless and manipulative. The relationship is all about him.
Signs Of A Narcissistic Man
In the beginning, narcissistic men are extremely good at concealing their true personalities.
However, over a period of time, their masks will slip and their real identities will be exposed.
Narcissistic personality disorder in men can be identified by the following traits;
- He is vain, selfish, self centred, self-absorbed, cold, heartless and lacks empathy.
- He needs constant attention and adoration.
- You are the one with the personality disorder problem...not him!
- He is always right.
- He never does anything wrong.
- Everything is your fault.
- He talks down to you.
- He is far superior to you.
- He frequently criticizes you. But remember, whatever he says is all true and said for your own good!
- He doesn’t listen to anything he doesn’t want to hear.
- He has double standards.
- He is entitled to commit adultery.
- He is liable to unprovoked outbursts of temper (narcissistic rage).
How To Date A Narcissistic Man
If you’re naïve enough to continue dating a narcissistic man, then I must make one thing perfectly clear to you ladies.
Your sole purpose in life now, is to make him feel good!
In order to succeed at this, you must follow the following quick check list on how to date a narcissistic man.
- Remember that he is special, the centre of the Universe, so make sure you always worship him as such.
- Always ensure that he is the centre of attention.
- Never criticize his behaviour.
- Don’t tell him the truth, unless it is complimentary.
- Don’t express any negative opinions about him or his behaviour.
- Don’t bother him with your worries or problems. These are so insignificant!
- Never cry or get upset in front of him.
- Realize that when he criticizes you, it is for your own good.
Ultimately, of course, you may begin to realise that you are worth more than this and decide to dump his sorry little ass for someone who is more deserving of your love. This may provoke feelings of outrage and insult on his part and he may begin to pursue you with a vengeance. This is not because you are the love of his life...he loves only himself remember...it is because his fragile ego refuses to believe that you don't want him anymore. He needs to prove you wrong.
Nonetheless, as flattering as it may seem at first, please remember that any change in his behaviour will be entirely temporary. Just as a leopard cannot change his spots, a man with narcissistic personality disorder cannot change who is truly is inside.
This content is for informational purposes only and does not substitute for formal and individualized diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed medical professional. Do not stop or alter your current course of treatment. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2012 C L Grant