My Special K Challenge Review
I Took the Special K Challenge - Here are My Results
This is my personal Special K diet review. I am a stay at home mom to three little ones. I first took the Special K Challenge after having my second baby. I took the Special K Challenge again after having my third baby. This is an honest review of my experience with the Special K diet. Here I share how the Special K Challenge works, how to develop a Special K diet plan that works for you, and I give my personal Special K challenge results.
If you're looking for an inexpensive way to slim down without having to measure food or know a lot about calorie counting and fat grams, then the Special K Challenge is a great diet plan to try. Of course, there is no magic way to lose weight. We pack on the pounds slowly over time, and need to give ourselves time to shed the weight in a healthy way. I'm not an advocate of fad diets. I believe eating healthy and getting active are the best ways to shed unwanted pounds and keep them off. The Special K plan simply makes it easy to eat healthy because all of their foods are convenient and affordable.
I am very pleased with the results I got while taking the Special K Challenge. It was a super easy and affordable way to slim down after having my babies. Read on to learn about my own Special K Challenge results and read other Special K diet reviews.
Image courtesy of [image creator name] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
The Special K Challenge is a Great Plan for Moms
The Special K Challenge is a plan, not a diet. It encourages you to not skip breakfast and to eat sensibly. The products are all ready to eat or super quick to prepare, which is great for a mom's busy day. I like modeling healthy eating habits for my kids instead of having them watch me drink diet shakes or measure everything I eat.
Special K Diet: Get Inspired - You Really Can Lose Weight
My Special K Diet Review
How the Special K Challenge worked for this busy mom.
I had just had my second baby by c-section in under two years. My first and second babies are only 20 months apart. Having two pregnancies and two c-sections that close together after the age of 30 really took it's toll on my body.
I really wanted to lose weight, but I was breastfeeding. So, diet drinks and pills are out of the question. I needed something easy and convenient because with two babies to care for I didn't have time to count calories, weigh food, or prepare fancy meals.
The Special K Diet was perfect for me. I would eat a bowl of Special K cereal for breakfast and lunch, and when I was short on time I grabbed a Special K cereal bar instead. In between meals, I stayed hydrated and satisfied with the Special K protein water (love them!).
I also tend to get bored easily, but Special K has a lot of different flavors to choose from in their cereals, bars, and protein waters. I kept two to three varieties of each cereal, bar, and protein water in my pantry and just rotated the different flavors so I didn't get bored.
I lost weight and slimmed down while taking the Special K Challenge. It was easy and the best part is that I didn't feel like I was dieting.
What I Like About the Special K Challenge:
It tastes good.
It offers variety.
My Review of the Special K Products
All about the Special K products.
- Special K Cereal -- Many flavors to choose from (Original, Chocolatey Delight, Cinnamon Pecan, Red Berries, Vanilla Almond, Fruit and Yogurt). All of them taste great. The cinnamon and chocolate are my two favorites, but when I get tired of them I eat the almond one or the berry one. They are all yummy. I'm allergic to oats and soy, so this makes Special K cereals the perfect choice for me. I eat them with 1% milk, because I don't like skim.
- Special K Cereal Bars -- The cereal bars are intended to be a snack. They are not intended to be a meal replacement. They really take the edge off of your hunger, taste great, and have some vitamins. They taste like a grown up rice crispy treat. They come in a lot of flavors (Peaches and berries, Honey Nut, Strawberry, Blueberry, Chocolatey Drizzle, Vanilla Crisp). The chocolate is my favorite.
- Special K Protein Bars -- These are intended for meal replacement, but they are soy protein (I'm allergic) so I have not been able to try them. They come in your choice of Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolatey Chip, Double Chocolate, or Strawberry.
- Special K Protein Water -- This is my favorite Special K product. Not only does it have 5 grams of protein (whey protein) and taste great, but it's also packed with B vitamins. The B vitamins really keep me going. It's better than a shot of espresso!
My Special K Challenge Results
My first experience with the Special K Challenge.
I started the Special K Challenge when my second baby was four months old. I had to add a little more calories and protein to my plan since I was breastfeeding.
Here's what I ate on my Special K plan.:
- Bowl of Special K Cereal for Breakfast (I alternate between Cinnamon Pecan and Chocolatey Delight).
- Handful of almonds, a Special K cereal bar, and a piece of fruit for a mid-morning snack.
- Bowl of Special K Cereal for lunch.
- Special K protein water for an early afternoon pick-me-up and a handful of almonds.
- Light yogurt (with added fiber) and a piece of fruit for a mid-afternoon snack.
- An average supper (whatever I feel like cooking: spaghetti, roast, meatloaf, etc).
My son just turned five months old. Sticking to the above plan for the past month has given me the following results:
- Lost 12 pounds.
- Gone from wearing my large maternity clothes to a normal size 10.
- My body now curves in at the waist again (had no defined waist when I started the Special K plan).
A couple of months later, I still ate Special K cereal for breakfast and kept my two snacks the same, but added in a normal, sensible lunch (instead of cereal for lunch. Here were my results after my son turned 10 months old:
- Lost a total of 67 pounds.
- My face was noticeably thinner.
- Flatter tummy.
This is where my Special K journey ends. Shortly after my son turned 10 months old, I got pregnant again.
I'm very pleased with my Special K Challenge results. It was an easy and convenient way for me to get the baby weight off. I also felt great the whole time.
If you're really ready to lose the weight and get fit, then I recommend the following books:
My Special K Challenge Results Take 2
My second experience with the Special K Challenge.
I recently had my third baby. That makes three pregnancies in under three and a half years. Having three babies back to back has not been good to my body at all. I've started the Special K Challenge again. I first took the Special K Challenge about four months after having my son. It's now been about four and a half months since having my third baby. Today is day one for me restarting the Special K Challenge.
This time will be very different than the last. Before the baby weight didn't seem to start dropping until I started the Spcial K plan. After this baby, however, the weight has been falling off (I weighed 189 lbs at delivery and now 4.5 months post partum I weigh 148 and wear a size 14). Between breastfeeding, caring for an infant, and chasing two toddlers, I've been burning calories with very little effort. Now my weight loss has plateaued and I have decided to start taking the Special K Challenge again.
My third baby is now one year old. I weigh 135 lbs. and wear a size 8. I'm almost where I want to be. I'd like to weigh 127.
My Special K Challenge results this time:Lost a total of 13 pounds.My face is even more noticeably thinner than the first time I took the challenge.Much flatter tummy.Trimmer thighs.
My Tip for Making the Special K Challenge Easier
When I started taking the Special K Challenge after my third baby, I began adding 1/2 cup of All Bran to each bowl of Special K cereal. This made it more filling and satisfying, but also added fiber. Fiber not only helps your digestive system function properly, but it also helps you shed inches around your waist. I especially like mixing original All Bran with the Special K cinnamon pecan cereal. The two taste so yummy together.
Special K Diet Reviews - Watch Special K diet reviews
Choose the Special K Diet Plan that's Right for You - Now Special K has 4 different challenges to choose from.
Have You Taken the Special K Challenge? - Have You Lost Weight with the Special K Diet?
Have you taken the Special K Challenge?
Special K Products - Special K Cereal, Snack Bars, and Protein Water
The Special K Diet is by far the easiest diet program that I've ever tried. Here are the products necessary to get you going.
You Can Lose Weight
Believe in yourself. Be consistent. You can do it.
This is a very simple plan that can promote a lifelong habit of making healthier food choices and not skipping meals, which boosts metabolism.