Surgery Recovery Gift Ideas
How to Choose the Very Best Gift for Surgery Recovery Patients
The knowledge that a friend, loved one or co-worker is going into or has just come out of surgery can make you to give them additional support and attention. As a family member, friend, or acquaintance, you want to express your concern and your love during this difficult time.
Just being there for them is a huge gift in and of itself. But, getting that person a surgery recovery gift can be a great way to show them your support.
The question you are probably asking yourself right now is: "What kind of surgery recovery gift should I buy for him or her?"
This lens is designed to help you answer that question so that you can get the them just the right surgery recovery gift.
Give The Gift of Humor - (reading is a wonderful way to speed up the recovery time)
Surgery Is Serious Business
A Surgery Gift Can Cushion The Blow Of Surgery
Recovering after surgery takes time, energy and the support of those who care about us. Why? Because surgery is one of the most invasive things that can happen to your body, short of being involved in serious accident. When you undergo surgery, your whole being is affected. Surgery is physically draining, to be sure. However, it also can sap your mental and emotional energy, as well.
For the family member, friend, co-worker or neighbor you know who is going through the process of recovering from surgery right now, the best thing you can do is to show him or her support. Let them know you are caring. An excellent way to do this is by giving him or her a surgery recovery gift.
A recovery gift can encourage, inspire, and heal . . . What he or she will remember about your gift is the time and love that went into choosing it.
5 Considerations When Buying a Surgery Recovery Gift
The most important consideration is to give your friend, family member or co-worker who is having surgery a gift that THEY would want, not necessarily one that YOU would want. This can be hard to do, but it is essential.
Here are 5 considerations when buying a surgery recovery gift:
1. Talk to family, friends, and colleagues to find out what they like to do
2. Think back to the last time you were at their home or office - what types of items do they like to surround themselves with?
3. What are their hobbies and interests? Find out, then flip through a magazine or website that specializes in this area to find out what's "hot" right now.
4. Choose a gift that they can use right away, during the recovery process (i.e., don't get them something that requires intense physical activity, extensive assembly, or prolonged periods of concentration to use).
5. Keep the cost in mind: you don't need to break your own bank in order to give them something they will really love
For The Healing Of Scars
Skin Care & Healing
Here are 10 Quick-and-Easy Gift Ideas - (for when the creative juices have run dry!)
- Fruit basket
- Crossword puzzles
- Sudoku books
- Scented candles (men love them, too!)
- Gossip magazines they would normally never get for themselves
- Mini-watercolor kit
- Microfleece or other soft blanket