Surprising Chocolate Benefits for Health and Skin
Benefits of Chocolate
Eating or drinking chocolate has many benefits for skin and overall health of our body. When I was a young adult, I didn't knew about the good thing or skin and health benefits of eating chocolate. All I know are the hearsay bad effects of chocolate. I thought eating chocolate will give me tooth decay. It will also make me fat. It will give me lots of pimple on my face. Its not good for my body and I should control myself as much as possible on eating any kinds of chocolate.
For those who love to eat chocolate, you now have many reasons to continue eating chocolate. Do not believe on hearsay because chocolate especially dark chocolate are very healthy to our body. Here are some of the health benefits of eating chocolates.
It has Flavanol - Makes us Beautiful and Healthy.
- It makes our cells protected from free radicals and damage. Flavanol also fights cancer cells, living only healthy cells on our body. A study show that women who drinks or consume chocolate regularly has reduced skin redness when exposed to Ultra violet rays or radiation.
- Flavanol is healthy for the heart. It helps our body maintain lower blood pressure, thus decreasing heart attack.
- Flavanol mproves blood flow to the brain and prevent clogging of arteries, thus decreasing possibility of stroke.
It has Theobromine - Helps maintain Healthy Teeth.
According to a study it was found out that theobromine found in chocolate avoids tooth decay by removing a bacteria, called streptococcus mutants, which is found in the oral cavity that leads to tooth decay and bad breath, thus making us more confident while smiling and laughing.
My husband loves eating chocolate, after every heavy meal he will look for chocolate bar, chocolate candy, chocolate drink or chocolate cake.
He never go to dentist for 22 years of his life, but due to job requirements he take the dental examination. The dentist was amazed, he cannot believe my husband doesn't experience even mild toothache all his life. The dentist taught that he was having his regular tooth checkup every 6 months because the condition of his teeth was really nice. To be honest, my husband only brush his teeth twice a day. In the morning after breakfast and in the evening before bedtime.
It has Phenethylamine - Makes us Happy, and Relieve Stress.
I have seen this to my manager before, when he was so angry and stress, he eats chocolate and amazingly, it seems that he forgot everything that happened. Try it for yourself you will notice an uplift on your mood.
- Phenethylamine triggers the release of endorphines in the body which helps and regulate our mood.
- An increase in Serotonin levels due to amino acid tryptophan can reduce Anxiety and makes people happy.
It has Epicatechine - Which Improves our memory.
The world's longest-lived person, Jeanne Louise Calment, who lived up to the age of 122 consume 2 pounds of dark chocolate a week. Even at her age she doesn't have demencia or loss of memory, difficulty in thinking and making judgement. Her memory was really amazing to think that many people suffer from memory gap in as early as 50 years of age.
Dark vs Milk Chocolate
Dark chocolate has higher amount of every goodness of cacao than milk chocolate. Consume wisely.
Dark or Milk Chocolate
What is your most favorite?
How to make chocolate
This video shows how to make chocolate from scratch.Roast and Grind cacao beans, mix other ingredients and your done. It's easy as long as you have ingredients and the willingness to make your own nutritious and healthy chocolate.
Plant your own tree on the patio or backyard
Cocoa powder have the highest antioxidant properties than dark and milk chocolates. It also has higher flavanol, low sugar and low fat content. Meaning it wont affect your figure nor lead you to have diabetes. Just eat moderately, or maintain 2 ounce of dark chocolate everyday and you can enjoy the healthy goodness of chocolate. If we have healthier bodies, we can live longer.
Fruit of the Gods
You can plant your own cacao tree on your patio or backyard. It is an evergreen tree that can grow from 4 meters to 8 meters high. It likes to live on a fertile and well irrigated soil. If you have your own cacao plant you can enjoy its' fruit anytime because cacao tree produces fruit all year round.
Children can benefit a lot from the nutrients found in cocoa powder. It can boost their memory and make them active at school. Contrary to common belief, Chocolate can prevent the build up of streptococcus mutants in our teeth which are responsible for tooth decay.
For us Adults, Aside from the benefits which are similar to our kids, Chocolate can help us prevent clogged arteries, It will also gave us lower blood pressure, protect our cells from free radicals, and release endorphines to boost our mood and make us happy.
If you are looking for a simple and uncomplicated ways to make a muffins, try Chocolate muffins made from cocoa powder. Its very easy to prepare and is very nutritious.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: 6 medium size muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tbps. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup crushed nuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degF or 200 degC
- 2. Grease 6 medium muffin tins or cups
- 3. Beat the eggs
- 4. Add sugar
- 5. Add the flour
- 6. Mixed with cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla and milk.
- 7. Crinkle in the melted butter
- 8. Coat crushed or grind nuts with flour before mixing into the batter.
- 9. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until when a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10. Serve hot with and enjoy with your favorite drinks.
Additional Tips - Variation of Simple Cocoa Chocolate Muffin Recipe
- If you don't like eggs, or you are allergic to it or it is not available in your kitchen the moment your kids ask for chocolate muffins, you can add 150 ml of milk for every 1 egg. It works just the same and you can't even tell or taste the difference. But if you are not allergic to eggs, you can stick with eggs; it's good for the body.
- You can use Low fat milk for your muffins and other baked goods, because the results are very similar even if you use whole milk.
- You can try replacing butter to Sesame oil for excellent fragrance and less saturated fat.
- You can add crush almond or pistachios nuts to make your muffins special.
- If you want the nuts to be on top of the muffins, nuts should be added at the last five minutes of baking the muffins.
- If you use sweetened cocoa powder, the taste will be much great!
- Don't forget Paper muffin bake cups if your kids will bring the muffin for snacks.
A surprise or appreciation gift for someone special.