Sweet Potato for Anti Aging: Sweet Potato Recipes
Sweet Potato: Anti Aging Food
The sweet potato exerts potent anti aging effects and thwarts the brutal onslaught of aging to a great extent. It actually does not belong to the potato family. There are 400 varieties of the sweet potato, some round, others long and tapering.
This root vegetable has been hyped as the next anti aging treatment that will powerfully help battle wrinkle formation and keep the skin supple, soft and youthful. Being one of the most effective anti aging foods, it is a good idea to incorporate this root in to your diet and stock up on recipes for sweet potatoes.
Sweet Potato for Anti Aging : Sweet Potato Nutrition
The sweet potato is packed with exceptional root storage proteins, which are known to exert noteworthy anti aging and anti oxidant benefits. These proteins are powerful free radical scavengers and destroyers that prevent damage to the cells’ DNA and thereby, avert a host of illnesses and slow down the process of aging.
In addition to these proteins, the root supplies liberal amounts of vitamin C and carotenes; these have a decidedly beneficial effect on the skin. These perk up anti oxidant levels as well, and help halt or delay the assault of aging.
What Are the Anti Aging Vitamins in Sweet Potato?: Health Benefits
Sweet Potato is loaded with vitamins and minerals that can help delay the signs of aging, here are some of the key nutrients -
- The sweet potato provides our body with plenty of carotenes. Typically, the darker the root, the greater is the quantity of the carotenes in them.
- Sweet potatoes also provide vitamin C, copper, biotin, vitamin B6 and Vitamin B2 and dietary fiber. Along with the proteins, these nutrients check the development of fine lines and wrinkles (crow feet, jowls, laugh lines, etc.), enhance the texture of the skin and prevent drooping. Vitamin C and carotenes keep the skin looking youthful and radiant.
- In contrast to other starchy foods, sweet potato has been dubbed an ‘anti-diabetic’ food. Studies have proved that sweet potato helps regulate serum glucose levels and augments the response to hormone insulin.
Sweet Potatoes Recipes: Sweet Potato in Diet
When you buy sweet potatoes, always pick those which are firm. Steer clear of leathery, wilted and discolored ones. Furthermore, remember that darker the color of the root, greater is the concentration of the anti oxidants.
- Baked sweet potatoes recipe: slice 3 sweet potatoes and brush them with some olive oil. Sprinkle mixed herbs: pepper, basil, oregano, etc. and bake till the sweet potatoes become gold-brown and crisp. This is an easy, quick and very nutritious snack.
- Mashed sweet potato recipe: boil about 2 sweet potatoes. Mash them. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan, add some chopped onion and minced garlic and mix well. Sprinkle some pepper and salt. You may also add any other herb of your choice. Add the mashed sweet potatoes. Fill the mixture in to a whole wheat loaf and grill for 15 minutes.
- Sweet potato fries: dice 2 to 3 sweet potatoes and boil them for about 5 minutes. You can add these to any vegetable stir fry.