Finding the right Massage Therapist in Toronto
Finding a Toronto Massage Therapist can be a decision that will improve your performance and reduce physical pain that you might have. However finding the right Massage Therapist in Toronto can be difficult. There are many resources and different styles, which is right for you? We have all the information you need to make the right decision about finding the right Toronto Massage Therapist.
How a massage can improve your life:
If you have any of the following issues, a massage can help you improve performance and well being.
- Reduce stress
- Reduce muscle contraction or tightness
- Relieve chronic or acute pain. While some issues cannot be resolved by having a massage, you can relieve it substantially and work to gradually improve you condition.
- Improving work performance
- Enhance health and well being
- Improve your performance in sports
How to find the right massage therapist in Toronto? - Tips on getting refer to the best massage therapist in Toronto
There are so many massage therapists in Toronto, how do you find the right one for that will treat your pain or improve your performance. Below are a list of methods you can get a good referral.
- The best way is to hear directly from your friends who have gotten results from a therapist. Try to find the a friend who had similar problems.
- You can also ask your health care provider such as your family doctor. Most of the time they have a generic list and do not have direct experience with that therapist but they have knowledge of the different types of massage therapist and can recommend the right one. If you do a checkup you might discover that a massage therapist is not what you need.
- Check the list of massage therapists in associations such as the American Massage Therapy Association and the Associated Bodywork Massage Professionals. Below is a list of Canadian listing of massage therapists located in Toronto.
- Lastly you can get a list from massage schools, local gyms/fitness clubs, spas, wellness centres, and chiropractic offices. Many of these facilities will have an onsite massage therapist that comes in.
Do not choose a therapist solely on an advertisement such as visiting a website, looking in the Yellow Pages, magazine, or newspaper. Those are not screen therapist. Do some research to ensure they are qualified.
Best Toronto Massage Clinics - Looking to find the first massage clinic in Toronto? Consider these.
- Spring Day Spa
768 Yonge Street (Yonge & Bloor), 2nd Floor,
Toronto, ON M4Y 2B6
- Yorkville Massage Therapy
130 Cumberland St, 3rd Flr
- Emkiro Health Services
70 University Ave
Professional Massage Associations
Natural Health Practitioners of Canada
Canadian Sports Massage Therapists Assoication
American Massage Therapy Association
Associated Bodywork Massage Professionals
Types of Massages and their benefits
- Swedish Massage Therapy
- Aromatherapy Masage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Thai Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
- Sports Massage
- Back Massage
Questions to Ask - Find the specifics, logistic, and cost
Before choosing your Toronto Massage Therapist consider asking these questions and make sure they reflect what you need.
- What are the available lengths for sessions and the fees? Usually they offer 30, 45, 60, 75 or 90 minutes
- Are the fees different for the different techniques?
- Is the massage cover by insurance?
- Are there additional fees or taxes?
- What payment terms do they accept? Do they have financing?
- Are there any specials or discounted package?
- How advance do you have to make appointments? What are the office hours?
- What does the schedule time mean? When should you arrive, change, and when does the massage actually start?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- What type of clothing do you need for the treatment? Based on the massage type and what you need it might be best to bring a bathing suit, gym shorts, or work out bra to wear.
- Do they need a prescription form a physician, exercise plan from physical therapy, or post surgical prescription?
- What is the therapist's draping policy?
- What are the parking options?
How to give a great massage
Massage Healing Points Chart - Chart of the healing points
Here is a chart of the healing points showing where to put pressure to relieve the associated body pain.