- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Healing Touch Therapy and Reiki
Healing touch has the power to promote healing and reduce anguish and pain. Therapeutic touch has its roots in olden healing practices; however, it has no relation with religion or faith healing.
Researchers have discovered that a gentle, soothing and therapeutic touch can relieve pain. Gentle stroking and massage activate the ‘pleasure’ nerves present under the skin, and also have the ability to reduce pain from other nerves.
The Healing Touch for Pain Management
A clinical study was carried out, that demonstrated that when a person was exposed to a painful stimulus, like, extreme temperature on the surface of the skin, the skin was likely to feel less pain if he was gently stroked simultaneously. Researchers have drawn a conclusion that messages to the brain from the nerves that pick up the soothing stroke diminish messages from those nerves which pick up pain.
Experts claim that the key was to caress with little pressure and at a slow speed. Researchers also stress on the significance of touch in children. Touch is very important for children as they grow, and insufficient physical contact, during the growing-up period can result in depression later on in life.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a healing practice which is based on the principle that the therapist can channelize energy in to the patient via touch, to help rouse and set in motion the natural processes of healing in the patient's body and thereby help re-instate physical, mental and emotional well-being.
Reiki is a type of spiritual healing that uses the hands. The hands are used as channels of energy.
- Reiki is a soothing energy which provides physical, psychological and emotional healing.
- Reiki is always given on the Chakra (wheels of energy) locations.
- Reiki passes through the Crown Chakra, down to the other major Chakras, and then in to the minor chakras of the body.
- The therapist functions like a channel via which Reiki healing energy flows, when he places his hands within the auric field or on the body of the receiver.
- Therapists let the energy flow where it is required.
The following Reiki technique is of immense use:
- Soothingly pass your fingers through the receiver’s auric field, and very gently, touch the crown of the recipient with the palms of your hands.
- Ask for energy to flow from the crown of your head, in to your palms, and then in to the receiver’s head.
- Rest your hands on his shoulders for about 1 minute.
- Channel the spiritual energy in to his chakras.
- Finish the session with a prayer. Wash your hands and purify your own auric field.
The Outstanding Benefits of Reiki
- · Touch healing helps realign the Chakras, suffuses you with peace and tranquility, and instills harmony and calmness.
- · Reiki chases away harmful emotions and inspires a sense of positivity and serenity.
- · Healing energy will uplift your mood and will empower you to battle stress successfully.