- Alternative & Natural Medicine
10 Effective Hangover Remedies
Since it is almost New Years Eve many people are bound to to experience a hangover the next day. Waking up in the morning after an evening of intense drinking brings along one of the worst feeling in the world, the worse hangover. A hangover is mainly caused by dehydration and vitamin deficency, and it results in the symptoms of extreme fatigue, sensitivity to light and noise, and nausea. Even though drinking or eating feels like the last thing you want to do, replacing those lost fluids and vitamins is the only surfire way to stop the pain.
Waking up in the morning after an evening of intense drinking brins along one of the worst feelings in the world, the worse hangover. A hangover is mainly caused by dehydration and vitamin deficency, and it results in the symptoms of extreme fatigue, sensitivity to light and noise, and nausea. Even though drinking or eating feels like the last thing you want to do, replacing those lost fluids and vitamins is the only surfire way to stop the pain.
Drink a lot of water. Plus to the dehydration benefits, water will also flush out the alcohol toxins from your body. If possible, drinking water before falling asleep will provide the best results.
2. 100% Orange Juice
another classic cure is a glass of pure, delicious orange juice. This juice not only hydrates but also restores essential nutrients like vitamin c.
3. A Great Hearty and Wholesome Breakfast
Even though the thought of food is revolting during a hangover, you'll feel a million times better once you start eating down some bacon and eggs. Make sure to not eat cheese and butter if possible, though.
4. Eat Pickles
Pickles and pickle juice are not typically breakfast food, but they are extremetely rich in minerals thaill have you feeling better in no time.
5. The Spice of Life
For some reason, a bit of alcohol mixed with spicy flavors really calms the stomach during a hangover. It also contains tomato juice so it is nutritious as well.
6. The Wonder of Honey
If you're suffering from cottonmouth or a sore throat in the morning, then try taking a couple of spoonfuls of honey to soothe the pain away.
7. Hooorray for Toast!
Bread is one of the best solutions for both preventing and curing a hangover. A little toast with fresh fruit jelly will dowonders in the morning.
Gatorade is one of the safest options to drink that actually cures a hangover. It also contains carbohydrates that will give you energy boost to move once more.
9. The Mean Green
If you're brave enough to drink something that tastes awful, then wheatgrass juice is surely something you'll want to drink to cure a hangover. This natural subtance contains lots of chlorophyll and antioxidants which detox the body.
How to do Wheatgrass Juice
What You'll Need:
- Fresh Wheat grass preferably still in a pot or flat.
- A juicer like the Jack LaLanne Power juicer.
Isntructions for Preparation:
- Take the flat of Wheat grass and cut a section of the grass off.
- Take the grass and roll it into a mass of wheat grass between your hands, this will make it easier to juice.
- Put the wheat grass roll into the juicer and insert the plunger to work the wheat grass through the machine.
- You will only need about an ounce and a half of wheat grass juice to enjoy it's full benefits.
- Drink Up!
- Cut the wheat grass as close to the bottom of the grass blades as possible.
- Don't forget to compost the fiber that ends up in the machine.
How to make Wheat Grass Juice (Video)
The Health Benefits of Wheat Grass
How to Grow Your Own Wheat Grass Juice at Home
- Place wheat grass seeds in a jar. Fill the jar with room temperature water and let it sit by a window for 12 hours. The seeds will sprout during this time.
- Combine topsoil and peat moss into an equal mixture. Fill your seed tray, two inches deep, with this mixture.
- Remove the wheat grass seeds from the jar. Drop the on top of the mixture in the seed tray. The seeds can touch, but don't pile them on top of each other.
- Cover the seeds with a thin layer of peat moss.
- Place the seed tray in direct sunlight. This can be inside of a window that gets some sunlight, or outside on a deck or porch that is not getting full sun.
- Water lightly twice a day.
- Harvest your wheat grass when it has grown to about seven inches tall. This should take at least a week.
How to Grow Your Own Wheat Grass
10. The Ancient Art of Mustard
If you're looking for a relaxing, full-body hangover solution, then fill up the tub and pour mustard powder into it. A hot mustard bath should draw out some of the toxins from the body while also relieving muscle pain and other issues. This was a medical practice done in the 1900s.
Try out these solutions and make sure to avoid common mistakes like drinking caffeinated beverages or taking pain pills.