In 1961, the magazine Journal of the American Medical Association stated that a vegetarian diet can prevent heart artery blockage up to 97%. According to Rita Butram, PhD., Head of food and cancer of the national cancer institute (NCI) United States, 35% - 40% of all cancer deaths have anything to do with food. By following the principles of healthy foods that have been, which is a vegetarian, you can get the best health, because it can prevent disease and increase strength. Therefore, try and discover how your life is fun!
Best-Selling vegetarian cookbook destined to become a classic.
More than 300 recipes are fast (start to finish in 45 minutes or less), 500 are gluten-free, and 250 are vegan and are all highlighted with icons on the pages. The book contains stunning color photography throughout that shows the appeal of these veggie-packed dishes. In addition, almost 500 color photos illustrate vegetable prep and tricky techniques as well as key steps within recipes.
Tips How to Be a Vegetarian
Do you want to be a vegetarian?
Here are some tips for you if you want to be a vegetarian
- Vegetarian require adjustments of the body gradually. The condition of each individual's metabolism is different. There can simply leave the meat, dairy and eggs. But some are only able to leave the meat alone and still consume eggs and / or milk.
- If you are not sure of the condition of your body start with a lacto-ovo vegetarian which is you consume grains, vegetables and fruits plus milk and eggs. You can get through it for a few years or a few months before you step into a pure consumption patterns NABA (vegan).
- You are vegetarians but also smoking? It is a blend that is not appropriate because smoking is just as bad as eating meat.
- Smile or at least be optimist when others laugh at your diet. Vegetarianism does not prevent you from having a sense of humor even to yourself.
- You're vegetarian but moody, rarely smiles, even tantrums? You're feeling annoyed, angry from the unaccaptable treatment of someone who is not a vegetarian, who mocks your diet? Meaning you do not understand the true spirit of vegetarianism. Vegetarianism is an effort of self-control and an attempt to radiate our love to all beings, including those who are not vegetarian.
- As you must know the vegetarian diet is healthy and balanced. For that you need some knowledge about nutrition. Follow vegetarian seminars that address nutrition issues. If you are vegetarian perfunctory and with just a simple menu or maybe just a little menu, theninstead of you getting healthier, you will get sick. You need to creative on choosing vegetarian foods.
- As you must know the vegetarian diet is healthy and balanced. For that you need some knowledge about nutrition. Follow vegetarian seminars that address nutrition issues. If you are vegetarian perfunctory and with just a little bit of menu, that's it then instead of you getting healthier instead you will get sick. so, you need to be creative to find many type of vegetarian foods.
- Your are vegetarian but loves to drink alcohol? Alcohol is also dangerous to your health as well as meat.
- A balanced diet is a diet that can meet nutritional needs which are carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals.
- The composition of a balanced diet approximately as follows: 50% of Carbohydrate, 25% of Vitamin and Mineral, 20% of Protein, and 5% of fat.
- Although you are vegetarian, you can still get sick. You can be infected by viruses and bacteria as non-vegetarian. Do not be surprised if you occasionally suffer from influenza for example. Vegetarian not make you a superhuman who can not fall ill but vegetarian diet reduces your chances of developing the disease that plagued the majority of people who are not vegetarian.
- You have to say goodbye to almost all types of sweets like the Polo, and all kinds of soft candies, because these candies contain ingredients of animal bodies such as gelatin (from animal bones) and similar.
- You should also carefully read the ingredient or composition of materials of all kinds of biscuits, chocolate, cheese, butter, margarine, and ice cream that often contain emulsifiers animal.
- Vegetarian does not mean you have to eat foods that are expensive. You can select a cheap meal but still meet your nutritional needs.
- You like to eat fruit with salt or sugar? You should not consume excessive sugar or salt. Sugar in a day should be no more than 2 tablespoons and salt no more than 1 teaspoon. Note that the salt and sugar are often contained in your side dishes, so it's better not to consume sugar or salt directly.
- If you are vegetarian, but your friends do not, do not try to isolate themselves when eating, but rather eat together with their vegetarian menu, or you can invite them to a vegetarian restaurant. Indirectly, you have promote vegetarianism.
- If you are traveling out of town, you can find information about vegetarian restaurants in the city closest to prepare. Visit the vegetarian organization's web site or send an email to vegetarian organizations to obtain that information.
- If you are vegetarian and exercising diligently then you will become more healthy and fit. You can select the kind of sport that does not cost a lot of money such as jogging or brisk walking.
- Do not consume too much soda like Coca Cola, Pepsi Cola, Sprite, Fanta and similar because these drinks contain a lot of sugar and chemicals, you may drink it occasionally but not every day.
- For the needs of water every day, you can consume mineral water or plain water.
- Do not drink water while eating. Water will be driven back from compacted food in the stomach. Preferably we drink water 1 to 2 hours before or after a meal. If forced to drink water after eating spicy or greasy foods, do not drink more than one glass of water. Vegetarianism can cure insomnia (trouble sleeping).
- You are vegetarian but likes to sleep after 12 o'clock at night? Stop this bad habit. Try to keep at least you can sleep around 10 pm. You still have to taste the rest between 6 to 8 hours a day depending on your body's metabolism.
Meatless: More Than 200 of the Very Best Vegetarian Recipes
For anyone new to a vegetarian diet--flexitarians who adopt plans like Meatless Mondays--as well as committed vegetarians and fans of Power Foods, here is a comprehensive collection of easy, meat-free mains for everyday.
Are you a vegetarian?
6 Best Healthy Vegetables
What can broccoli do?
1. Controlling Cholesterol
2. It is important for the eyes
3. It is good for the digestive system
4. The source of antioxidants
5. Enhance the Immune System
6. Effectively Prevent Cancer
7. Controlling Blood Pressure
8. Maintaining a healthy heart
What can carrot do?
1. Better Eyesight
2. Preventing Cancer
3. Healthier Heart
4. Stronger and Healthier Teeth
5. Preventing Stroke
6. Make you look younger
7. Clean Toxin from your body
What can spinach do?
1. Effectively prevent cancer
2. Perfect nutrition for your heart
3. Improve brain memory
4. Better eyesight
5. Healthy Digestive System
6. Nutrition for bones and joints
7. Give more energy for your daily activities
What can eggplants do?
1. Nutrition for your brain
2. Better digestive system
3. Preventing diabetes
4. Nutrition for heart
5. Controlling Blood pressure
6. Healthier and stronger bone
7. Preventing Anemia
What can asparagus do?
1. Improving blood circulation and preventing anemia
2. Helps for strengthen bone and bone formation
3. Maintaining the health of your eyes to prevent cataracts
4. Improving the performance of your kidney
5. As an antioxidant for your body
6. Preventing skin diseases such as itchy or scabies
7. Very good in preventing cancer and tumor
8. Very good for toothache
What can cucumber do?
1. Clean toxin from body effectively
2. Very good in preventing cancer
3. Improving your immune system
4. Very powerful in preventing constipation
5. Controlling blood pressure
6. Reducing cholesterol levels in blood
7. Natural remedies for diabetics
Best Healthy Vegetarian Foods
Which one of those vegetables are the best for you?
My Opinion about Vegetables
Honestly, I used to hate vegetables. I mean, come on. most people love to eat meat. especially junk food like hamburger, pizza and etc. They are my favorite. Eventhough we knew that they aren't healthy at all.. we couldn't stop eating them.
Okay. let's just think about how dangerous if we let a piece of meat on a table for hours, days maybe. you do know what will happen, right? it'll be spoiled. ugh.. you know how bad it is when it happens inside our body.
Well, that's my opinion.
I think it's better if we can be a vegetarian. but i know it's not an easy task to do. in fact, I am not a vegetarian as well but i try to eat more vegetable than meat nowadays.
Well, if you guys wanna have a healty life. maybe you could Start by eating more vegetables than meat. i mean like 50-50. Haha.
Famous Vegetarian Food Recipes
Flavorful vegetarian versions of America's favorite one-dish meals: ramen, pho, bibimbap, dumplings, and burrito bowls
A restorative bowl of vegetarian ramen sent Lukas Volger on a quest to capture the full flavor of all the one-bowl meals that are the rage today—but in vegetarian form. With the bowl as organizer, the possibilities for improvisational meals full of seasonal produce and herbs are nearly endless
Some Stories about Vegetarian People
Well, i'm gonna share some stories about vegetarian people here in my country, Indonesia. Actually, most people in Indonesia aren't Vegetarian. it's only about 1-2% of people in Indonesia who are vegetarian.
So, I have one friend. She wasn't vegetarian. She is so skinny to be honest. She loves to eat meat and she hates vegetables. She ate a lot but i was wondering about her weight. it never increased. Everytime I tried to ask her to eat more vegetables by saying that it's good and healthy. She kept resisting and she said "Stop asking me to eat vegetables, i'm not a goat" LOL..
But one day, She had these kind of alergic to meat or something. Cause everytime she tried to eat meat, she would vomit. So, because of that, she decided to become a vegetarian. i know how painful it is to her to let go all her favorite foods. But she tried hard and all of us supported her cause it is not bad to be a vegetarian as well.
Now, she is able to love vegetable and it's on her menu everyday. She gains weight now and she is not as skinny as i used to know. Maybe there are a better protein in vegetables than meat.
Why she becomes vegetarian?
Vegetables Everyday (VEGAN DIET)
Transform your health with the definitive beginners guide to the Vegan Diet!
How to be a Vegetarian
Vegetarian Recipes DVD and Books
Being healthy is not easy, but it is a choice you make.