Healthy Weight Loss, Dieting and Fitness Tips
Yes! You Can Flatten Your Belly, Lose Those Thunder Thighs & Get Perfect Six Pack Abs - But You Have To Work At It
Are you looking to get Sizzling Hot 6 pack abs
Want to know most effective ways to flatten your belly and say bye-bye to your belly fat?
* You can get the Six Pack Abs you always wanted and dreamed about.
* Shrink those thunder thighs and saddle bags forever.
* Get the flattest belly you can have
That all sounds pretty great now doesn't it?
Wouldn't you just love to wake up with the body of your dreams?
But if you think that it is all possible without working hard at it, then you are sadly mistaken.
Getting the body that you want is going to take hard work, dedication and you are going to have to give up some of your couch potato time and junk food.
Whether you're a hard core weight loss & fitness enthusiast or just the
occasional weekend warrior you'll find everything you need right on this page - except for the determination - only you can add that.
There is a lot of information to be found here, so please take your time so that you do not miss anything!
Always remember that in order to get the body that you want you are going to have to work at it.
You will need to exercise regularly and have a healthy diet ( no fad diets or products) if you want to lose the weight and have a better chance of keeping it off.
No matter what you may have heard - there are absolutely no short cuts!
A Few Resources That May Come in Handy
- Food, Nutrition, and Fitness | USA.gov
Get tips on good nutrition, healthy eating on a budget.
- Free US Government Resource on Nutrition and Weight Management
This government site has tons of free information about nutrition, cooking food, diets, weight management and much more. It's an under utilized resource and one that is worth checking out.
Quick Diet Tip
Like Low-fat or Non-fat Yogurt But Get Hungry 30 Minutes Later?
We all know that yogurt makes a great diet snack or meal but if you are like me, you will often feel hungry a short while later and want to snack again.
To stay full longer after eating yogurt here is my favorite, all time diet tip.
In the home canning jelly section of your grocery store you will see products that you add to your non-cooking jellies and jams to help set the jelly.
These are made with pectin (fiber from apples)and come in 3 varieties. One made with lots of sugar and one made with low sugar and one made with sugar substitutes.
Choose either the low sugar or sugar free variety ( I use the Sure Jell sugar free brand but your store may have other brands including store brands).
You then add 1-2 teaspoons to your yogurt and stir.
It only takes about 20 seconds to mix it in.
The pectin will not change the flavoring of your yogurt but the fiber in the product will help you stay full longer than with regular yogurt.
It's as though you were eating an apple along with your yogurt and you will be surprised how much fuller you feel and if you chose the sugar free type, you are only adding 3-5 extra calories to your daily intake.
Since these products do set jams and jelly you should eat your yogurt within 30 minutes of adding the pectin otherwise your yogurt will set up like a jelly.
This will also work with smoothies!
Quick Fitness Tip
Do you listen to music while you exercise?
I hope that you do because...
People who workout listening to music, workout for an average of 30% longer and exercise harder without even noticing it.
So turn off the television and turn up the music and get a more effective fat blasting workout!
10 Simple Weight Loss Tips - That Do Work!
Follow the tips and you'll find that you will reach your weight loss goals more quickly
- 1. Avoid These 5 White Foods- White rice, white bread, sugar, salt , white potatoes
2. Do Not Use Artificial Sweeteners - it gets your taste buds accustomed to sweet tastes and you'll start to crave sweets
3. Experiment Using Mustard Instead Of Mayonnaise - mustard adds plenty of flavor but it's low in calories and low in fat Salsa also makes a great flavor enhancer without adding any fat and it's low in calories.
4. Avoid Junk Food Whenever Possible - Snacks and sweets are full of calories but little or no nutrition - so just try to stay away from them
5. Never Go Shopping When You Are Hungry - If you go to the grocery store when you are hungry you are more likely to pick up more snacks and treats, then if you were full or at least not hungry. If you go to the mall while you are hungry you will be tempted by all the food in the food court and are likely to splurge on food that is high in fat and calories
Now I have to add a bit of personal information here - while it's normally best never to shop when you are hungry, I find that for me if I do go to the grocery while i am hungry I am more apt to pick up healthier foods and food that will be used for meals and don't even walk down the junk aisle.But if I am not very hungry I find myself adding small treats and goodies to the cart and not really think about what to pick up for meals.
So let your own habits and preferences be your guide on this one as you could shop like I do.
6. Keep Your Home a Junk Food Free Zone - If you don't have it in the house you can't eat it - so don't even tempt yourself
7. Eat Breakfast - having a healthy breakfast will help you from over eating later on in the day. Notice I said a healthy breakfast.
8. Avoid Eating 4 Hours Before You Go To Bed - this will help burn off the calories before you go to bed and it will also help you to stop late night snacking
9. Avoid Fried Food - frying adds extra calories and the fired oil itself is not healthy for you
10. Buy Smaller Plates - Illusion- you'll actually eat less without feeling deprived. Did you know that the size of dinner plates are now 20% larger than they were in the 80's and 30% larger than the 60's? And people wonder why we have such a hard time keeping our weight in check
11. I know that I said 10, but this one is too important to leave off of the list. Avoid ANY soda! This includes diet soda. The reasons are too numerous to list here, but trust me on this one.
Remember--what ever actions ( or non-actions) you take today-will become tomorrow's body.
6 Tips When Starting a New Exercise Plan
Here are 6 tips that will help you to begin your fitness program and stick with it.
1. Thinking about starting a new fitness plan or exercise routine? Before you even begin your first day or exercise you should have a full physical exam to make sure that you are healthy enough to workout. Yes, I know that you have heard this before, but even if you are feeling fine, you don't know if you have some type of underlying medical problem that might get worse by exertion. Depending on your age and current health condition your doctor may just give you a quick check up or may also want to do blood tests and / or a stress test.
Although you may think that this is unnecessary, it really is important.
2. After getting the ok from your doctor be sure to start off slowly. Just a few minutes here and there and at a low intensity. This will help your body get accustomed to being more active and you will also find that you will have less aches and pains the day following your workouts. Some times we overdo it, then feel it for days later and then push back our exercise plan. If you go slowly this won't happen.
3. There are times when you will feel discouraged. Accept that fact but move on and continue with your workout schedule. There are just days when we feel as though we are not progressing quickly enough and we just want to give up. This is just human nature. Remember that, push those thoughts aside and move on.
4. Be sure to spend enough time learning how to do your routine, workout or exercise properly. You will avoid injury and will see quicker results if you are performing your exercise as you should be. Is your form correct? Are you performing the correct number of repetitions? Are you breathing in and out at the right times? All of this is important, so before you make your exercise routine become automatic be sure that you have the basics down and you are doing exactly as your should.
5. Set realistic and honest goals. When you set goals that are more realistic you are more apt to pat yourself on the back when your achieve each level and there will be less chance of getting discouraged or frustrated. Sure it's nice to say that you would like to lose 10 pounds each week - but be honest with yourself, you are more likely to lose 2 pounds a week and that is a more realistic goal.
Is your goal to run in a marathon? Before you can work up to a marathon, try a few 5 or 10K runs and see how you do. Build up to the marathon slowly and steadily. Be honest with yourself when you consider how far you will make it in the marathon. If you really can think that you can finish it - then go for it. But if you think that you can only go three quarters of the way - then do the run and be happy if you can only complete three quarters.
6. Be sure to keep an exercise journal. to keep track of your progress.
Your journal can be as simple as a spiral bound notebook which lists the days that you work out and what you have accomplished along with what you expect from your next workout. Or you could also track your progress on a spreadsheet or online. There are several free services that allow you to keep track with your own private online workout diary.
PS Running or walking on the beach is not only good as an exercise program but the sand will also soften and smooth the bottoms of your feet!
3 Exercises For Killer Six Pack Abs
Okay, let's get right to it!
The Abdominal Crunch -
Lie on the floor with your arms across your chest in a criss-cross fashion. Keep your feet on the floor or you may raise them slightly off the floor depending on your muscle strength.
Tighten your abs and slowly curl your shoulders up off the floor one inch.
Curl your shoulders up toward your knees until your shoulder blades come up one to two inches off the floor. Hold this position for one to four seconds before slowly returning to the starting position.
This exercise should never be completed by anyone with back issues and if you feel any back pain at all, stop immediately. It should be your abdominal muscles that are doing the work, not your back muscles.
Lie on the floor with your body in a straight alignment. Then bend your knees oh so slightly ( just enough so that they are not locked but not actually at an angle) and keep your knees unlocked throughout the entire movement. Raise your legs (using your abdominal muscles) until they are just about 2 inches off of the floor, lower and repeat. Do not swing your body.
NOTE: For those who are unable to perform this exercise with straight legs, try bending your knees and tucking them into the waist at each repetition. Remember to try to point your toes downward.
After a few weeks, you will be able to do this exercise with straight legs (just remember not to lock your knees).
Keep the movement fluent, slow, and controlled. Some find that putting their hands, palms down under their butt can help then to use their stomach muscles and not their back muscles. Remember that this is an abdominal exercise and you should not be using your back for movement.
Lie back on the floor. Keep your legs straight and back flat. Raise your legs, bending at the knees as you raise and slowly lower your legs back down to the straight leg position. You should be able to complete this exercise slowly and at the same time control the movement.
The Bicycle is the best exercise for getting those Six Pack Abs
Forget doing hundreds of crunches, if you want a flatter belly and defined abs the bicycle is your better choice as it will target both your upper and lower abs and you'll see results much quicker.
With this exercise you will also be lying on your back. Now bring your knees to a 90 angle, place your hands behind your ears and pump your your legs back and forth like you were riding a bicycle. Now bring your left torso up towards your right knee using your abdominal muscles.
Then bring your right side of your torso towards your left knee.
Continue alternating the left and right side until you complete 20 reps. For the first day do two sets of 20. Gradually move up until you can complete 4 sets of 50 reps.
You will be surprised as to how quickly you will see results with this exercise.
You must always remember that if you have excess fat, you can exercise all day long and you will never see that 6-pack under 4 inches of flab.
A 6-pack set of abs can only be seen on a body that has a BMI of 12% or less.
How To Lose Weight 3 Times Faster
When most people set out to lose weight they decide that they are either going to diet or add exercise into their daily routine.
What a mistake. Not that exercise is a mistake - since it is one of the best things that you can do for your body.
But you are looking to lose weight quickly and want to lose it the healthy way you have to attack your fat in 3 different ways not just 1 or 2.
1. Work on burning off any extra fat that you may have now
This can achieved by adding a cardio (aerobic) routine.
A few examples of cardio would be brisk walking, jogging, swimming, racquetball, TaeBo, Zumba, using an elliptical trainer or interval training.
Your cardio routine should last 45-60 minutes and you should be doing it about 5 times a week ( every other day) .
A good fat blasting tip is to up your cardio routine by adding 30 seconds of super intense movement every 10 minutes.
If you find that you don't have 45-60 minutes all at one time, you can break it down to smaller intervals but it won't be as effective on burning fat. It will still be healthy, just not quite as good as a fat burner.
2. Keep future fat from getting a strong hold
Yes, this means exercising regularly and watching what you eat.
You don't need to be on a specific diet, just eliminate the junk food, heavily sugared treats, full fat dairy products, and meats that are high in fat (like corned beef or meats that have a visible layer of fat) and white flour breads and white pasta (choose 100% whole grain products instead).
Believe it or not just a few simple changes to your current diet will be enough to make a big difference in your waistline.
3. Toning your muscles
Although spot exercises don't work on their own, once you burn the layer or fat that covers your muscles you will see a huge difference in your spot toning efforts. Again the toning wont reduce the fat but will help to firm and makes things less jiggly.
You should do your targeted exercises for 15-30 minutes a day and with the exception of the ab area, alternate upper and lower body (abs can be worked daily if you like)
The reverse bicycle, reverse crunches, the plank, side leg lifts, push ups, V ups and side crunches make a great start.
By watching your diet, adding cardio and targeted exercises you will practically see the fat melt off of your body and a new slimmer, toned you will emerge!
5 Pounds of Fat
5 Pounds Of Fat
So you look at the scale and it has hardly moved, gee you say "I've only lost 5 pounds this month".
Even though 5 pounds may not seem like much take a look at the photo---that's what 5 pounds looks like.
Losing 5 pounds is great accomplishment--congratulate yourself, you're doing good!
Exercises To Flatten Your Belly
Perform the exercises below 4-6 times a week and watch that belly fat disappear!
- The Bicycle Exercise: According to one study, the bicycle exercise which targets your abdomen and waist is the best way to shape those abs. The bicycle works much better than crunches!
- The Captain's Chair: This exercise can only be completed at the gym or health club as you need special equipment to perform it. Ask the trainer at the gym how to properly perform this exercise.
- The Vertical Leg Crunch: Great for abs and waist.
- The Torso Track: Mostly used in gyms; this tends to be a hard workout and is only performed once you have strengthened your muscles and is considered an intermediate to advanced exercise.
- The Long Arm Crunch: This is good for your upper part of you ab muscles.
The Reverse Crunch: Tiny and very slow movements produce the best results.
- The Full Vertical Crunch: The crunch exercise uses your entire body to work the abs.
- The Ab Rocker: Relying mostly on the abs to rock back and forth while you are lying down.
- The Plank on Elbows and Toes: Designed to build strength in both your abs and back. Lately this exercise is being given more and emphasis and is one that you should learn to master.
Ab Video Workouts To Flatten Your Belly & Help You Get 6 Pack Abs
These are great ab video workouts, but remember that you have to do the ab workouts to get six pack abs - you just can't watch them (lol)
Fire Up Your Metabolism
Build up on lean, mean body mass
As we age we begin to lose muscle and it's muscle that helps us keep our metabolism up.
Exercise can help build lean muscle so it goes without saying that as we age we should be adding more exercise into our lives.
You can build strength and lean muscle mass by working out at least three times a week, preferably with weights or resistance bands. Isometrics also work quite well.
If your looking to tone your muscles and don't want to bulk up use lighter weights but with more repetitions, however if you want to build up your muscles you would use heavier weights and less repetitions.
Women, don't worry about getting too bulky. Unless you are doing a very rigorous workout that is meant to bulk up you will not get large masculine muscles.
Women's genes are different than a mans and it's extremely hard for a woman to get bulky unless she starts a dedicated bodybuilding plan. However, the lean muscle will help to burn more calories throughout the day help to keep you at a healthy body weight.
Appear To Weigh 5-8 Pounds Less
Did you know that the scent of your perfume or cologne can affect the way to look to those around you?
By wearing a scent that has a grapefruit undertone can actually trick the mind of others into believing that you weight less than you do.
In studies the participants appeared to weigh 5-8 pounds less when wearing a grapefruit scent.
Now that's an easy way to "lose" a bit of weight!
Simple Diet Tip For Bread & Pasta Lovers
If you love bread and pasta you don't have to give it up in order to lose or maintain your weight.
Almost all breads and pastas are low in fat, which is good.
However, white breads and pastas are made from simple carbohydrates which can spike your blood sugar, release insulin and will cause your body to store fat in your belly area (it's the releasing of the insulin that causes the fat to go to your mid-section).
By just switching over to products that are labeled 100% Whole Wheat or 100% Whole Grain you can now eat breads and pastas without worrying about them going right to your mid-section.
Products that are 100% whole grain (don't just purchase multi grain, whole wheat or products labeled as mixed grains- it must say 100% whole grain on the label) are high in fiber & take a long time to digest.
Fiber will fill you up and keep you full longer. The high fiber level will also slow down digestion and help to stop your blood sugar levels from rising like they do with white breads.
Add bread and pasta back into your diet - just make sure it's 100% whole grain.
Imagine your eating in front of a mirror
What do you think it would look like if you were watching yourself eating?
How would you react when you see yourself stuffing away? If you can't imagine then put a mirror in the room where you are eating and watch yourself.
The Importance Of Goal Setting For Weight Loss
Make Dieting Easier By Planning Ahead
Many people decide they are going to go on a diet and are going to lose some weight - but what is some weight?
If you say you are going to lose some weight and lose a pound then you have achieved your goal, haven't you?
What do you mean that wasn't your goal? You said you wanted to get rid of some weight, and you did.
Oh, you meant you wanted to get rid of more weight than a pound.
Ah, so now you are getting the picture.
If you don't know how much weight you want to drop, how will you know when you've reached your target?
Decide EXACTLY how much weight you want to lose. This could be by pounds or by clothing sizes.
Once you have decided how much weight or how many sizes to drop, you need to determine a date you are going to achieve it by. It is important that this is an honest and realistic date.
It's no good saying you want to lose 43 pounds in two days. You know that is never going to happen - unless you are ready to give birth or... well...let just say 43 pounds in that short of a time period is utterly unrealistic.
Ensure that the date is one you can meet -but don't make it too easy - it needs to be a date that will push you a little and make you stay on track.
Set a REALISTIC date for reaching your realistic target weight.
Now you know when you are going to be at your target weight you need to set milestones between now and your target date, i.e. how much weight are you going to lose each month before your target date?
Again, these need to be realistic but push yourself a bit.
Write these down so you have them physically in front of you and maybe even get a friend or family member to hold you accountable to achieving them. Set yourself a reward for a achieving each goal and a penalty for missing it.
Set REWARDS and PENALTIES for help in reaching and achieving your milestones
Make sure the penalty is something you really don't want to do - maybe telling your partner how much you weight or giving away something of value. However, do not beat yourself up- we all slip and sometimes even when we stick 100% to our program our bodies don't always cooperate. If you know that you have been sticking to your plan skip the penalty but also don't give yourself a reward. Just wait for the next weight in or sizing day and see how you have done.
Make the rewards something that you really look forward to - a good (healthy) meal, a new outfit, or something equally motivating for you.
Many people like to splurge on a new fitness DVD that will help motivate them towards their next goal. Others prefer to have their rewards not fitness or diet related - like a new cologne or game. What ever will motivate you and make you feel good
This structured approach will ensure you reach your target weight, stay motivated and do it with ease. It is an enjoyable and fun approach that works.
Quick Fat Cell Info
Did you know that you are born with all the fat cells your body needs?
As you keep at a healthy weight these fat cells go along happily doing their thing.
However, as you gain weight these fat cells start filling up and growing in size, once they reach their maximum size they split into 2 cells. You now have double the fat cells.
When you diet you don't lose fat cells they just shrink.
So if you yo-yo diet each time you try to lose weight you'll have to shrink twice as many fat cells.
That's one reason why it's harder to lose the fat when you are constantly yo-yo dieting.
Men - 10 Reasons You Should Not Quit Your Fitness Program
When you set out on a new fitness quest, you are all revved up and ready to go.
Then somewhere down the line you lose your motivation and you are back to your old and unhealthy habits.
When the going gets tough, most give up and you don't want to fit into that category - do you?
Here are 10 reasons to keep you going and not give in to temptation to stop.
- Summer beach and fun time - Imagine everybody looking in awe as you take your shirt off at the beach. Guys will be jealous of you and hot girls will be admiring you. You'll be king of the beach.
- Having Strength - You'll have the strength to do what most people can't, be it bench 220lb or it can be a simple as being the person that others come to for help opening a tight lid jar
- Feeling great about yourself - By having a better fit body you'll be more confident and always trying to sneak a peak at yourself when going past a mirror because you'll look so good.
I know that looks should not matter, but when you face reality - they do.
A more fit body is nicer to look at.
- Being successful at your career - While this may not be morally right, it really is true in real life Healthier looking people often get the promotion, make more sales, and people often look up to them for advice. Overweight people on the other hand our society will often be look ed at as being lazy, undependable and someone who may call in sick more often. No, this is not true but that is the perception.
You have the choice to be one of the healthier looking people who get all the good things if you stick to your program.
- Attracting the opposite sex - Again, our society often makes the first impression a physical one. The person who is more fit is apt to get a second or third look, while someone who is out of shape may not get a second one.
- Proving to others that you can do it - Some negative people want you to quit your program and give up.
They don't want you to reach your potential because they can't, so they want you to fail.
These types of people will be so jealous when you prove them wrong by sticking to your program and getting excellent results.
- Be a person that does follow through on their set goals - Be a person that achieves the goals they set in all areas of their life, don't be a person that sets a new year's resolution or a new goal and then fails to take action to achieve it.
- Being healthy - Between getting your weight down to where is should be and getting more physically fit you will not just look better but you will feel more better also. Many of your current aches and pains will slowly start to diminish and it will be easier to move around. You may also find that if you have high blood pressure or high cholesterol - these numbers may start looking better also.
- Do it because it is fun - Being active may not seem like much fun now but as you start to get into bodybuilding, running, weight training or playing sports you will actually start to enjoy it and have fun.
If you decide that you would like a few chips or a bit of ice cream. Never--I repeat Never eat it directly from the package. If you do you will find that you have eaten way more than 1 serving.
Instead read the package and see what size a portion is and then add one portion to a plate or bowl and put the bag out of site.
On an average, most people eat 4 servings when they think that they have only eaten 1. They are totally unaware of what a true portion size is.
This 1 tip alone can save you 200-400 calories a day!
Reducing Both Inner & Outer Thighs
Get rid of thunder thighs and saddle bags
Below are the 2 best exercises for slimming the thighs and also will help to firm and shape your butt.
As best you can, complete these exercises very slowly
Under Leg Lifts
Lie on one side on the floor. Place a a folded towel or pillow under the head as this will help keep your spine in correct alignment.
Now bend the leg that is on top and move it to the floor in front of you so that the other leg is exposed to the ceiling.
Take the leg that has just been exposed and raise it up a few inches off of the ground.
Hold try and that position for just 3-5 seconds. Then place the leg down back to floor level.
Repeat this exercise until your leg muscles begin to feel tired. Be sure to take it easy the first few times otherwise your muscle will feel very sore when you wake up the next morning.
Have a 30 - 35 second break before switching sides.
Then repeat the exercise again and you can repeat it a few times throughout the day
For an extra challenge, hold the under leg for longer periods of time. Lengthen the amount of time given for each side of your body to as you get stronger.
Upper Leg Lifts
Lie on your side again and like the above exercise use the towel or a pillow for your head.
While lying on your side, lift your leg that is closest to the ceiling keeping it straight (but don't lock your knees) and raise it a few inches.
Then bring your leg back to its original position and repeat.
Repeat as many times as needed, but for no more than thirty seconds on each side at one time. Take a 30 -35 second to break before switching sides. As you get stronger you can lift your leg higher. You can also point your toes for a few of the reps and straighten your foot for the remaining. This will help to target your muscles a bit differently, but within the same exercise.
Quick Diet Tip - The Importance of Fiber in Your Diet
Increase your fiber gram intake to 35 grams per day and not only will it stop you from being hungry during the day but you will lose weight faster,lower your cholesterol levels, burn more fat and lower your risk for colon cancer.
While increasing your fiber intake be sure to drink plenty of water to avoid constipation and if you have not been eating a diet that has a lot of fiber in it, remember to add your fiber gradually, increasing it by a just few grams a day until you reach 35 grams or so a day.
If you are not sure how much fiber is in you food you can either visit the (NFC'S) National Fiber Council's web site www.nationalfibercouncil.org or call the toll-free hotline (866) 749-5296 to request the the National Fiber Council's "A Fresh Look at Fiber" brochure, which includes information about fiber, some facts and myth's about fiber and a few other booklets.
The NFC recommends 32 grams of fiber a day, but remember that's the minimum. 35-40 for dieter's is just right.
The Myths About Getting Six-Pack Abs
When you know the difference between the myths and the truths about getting 6 pack abs, you won't fall for bad information.
No, he is not selling anything in this video - just good, solid information.
Go for perfect form in exercise not speed
So your doing 200 crunches a day yet your not seeing good ab results.
Start by asking yourself these 2 questions:
1. How good is my form?
2. Am I doing reps too quickly?
In order for your exercises to give you the results you desire you need to complete them with slow but precise movements. If your just flailing all over the place you won't be working the muscles that you are trying to target.
Also, if you are running through them as quickly as possible inertia will be helping you complete your reps. You want to move slowly and this will make sure that each part of the muscle gets targeted.
If you slow down and move with deliberate movements you will see much faster and better results.
Plus crunches are one of the least effective exercises that you can do for your ab area.
Hydrating To Improve Your Performance
Do It Right With Water
Water is approximately 60% of your body weight.
Water and hydration is more important than electrolytes, calories or vitamins.
Without water your body will shut down. And with too much water you can do significant damage. Water assists the body in the transportation of nutrients and the cooling system.
So, what can you do to stay hydrated during your exercise and recognize the symptoms when you haven't?
Before any exercise you should always drink between 16-24 oz of fluid. Don't guzzle it, just sip over a 30 minute or so time frame.
Caffeine drinks will dehydrate you even faster than drinking nothing so stick with water or sports drinks ( remember that sports drinks may be high in calories so keep that in mind).
If the weather is hot or humid you should also drink 16 oz about 45 minutes before you intend to work out.
Keep liquid with you that is easy & quick to drink. Don't assume that because you are in the house doing aerobics that you will stop to drink. Always have your water bottle close at hand for a quick sip.
You will get distracted and keep working only to decrease your performance and lose valuable time building strength and endurance.
Although you can drink enough to totally replace your sweat loss, you can drink too much to quickly. When you drink too much water (or other liquid) it can cause hyponatremia along with cardiac issues . Always replenish your body's fluid by sipping, not gulping.
Be aware of the signs of dehydration.
They will include feeling dizzy, loss of energy, headaches, anxiety, rapid pulse or hot dry skin.
Carbohydrates are a popular snack food before strenuous exercise. Two specific reasons that they work so well is that they provide quick energy and they keep you hydrated by pulling water into your digestive tract.
Other ways to cool your body down is to decrease the intensity of your exercise for a few minutes to allow the internal heat to dissipate. If you are cycling, coast for a few minutes; if you are running slow to a brisk walk when you drink.
External application of water on your skin using a wet rag or spray bottle will also help to cool your body down.
Dehydration is a significant problem for athletes of all skill levels.
Staying hydrated will improve your performance and decrease your probability of injury. Be on the lookout for signs of dehydration, keep fluids with you and use external applications of water as you can.
Do you dread household chores like vacuuming, making the beds, shaking out rugs and mowing the lawn?
Instead of thinking them as chores, think of them as fat burners. 1 Hour of household chores done with energy and vigor will burn as many calories as an hour workout at the gym.
So go out and work in the garden or vacuum your living room & burn fat!
Fit Tip For Ladies Only
If you are planning on doing any cardio (aerobics)- and you should, you need a well fitted, good supportive bra.
Is the one that you are wearing right now hold you securely?
Do the straps fall or cut into your shoulders?
If so it's time for a new bra.
5 Second Fitness Tip
Isometric exercises only take seconds
Isometric exercises are exercises where you use your own body's weight and strength to work muscle against muscle, thus strengthening both muscles at the same time.
Isometric exercises are usually only held for a few seconds and you can usually perform them in a crowded room and no one would even notice.
If you Google or Bing "isometric exercises" you'll find many sites listing examples of isometric exercises.
Isometric exercises are quick, easy and don't require any equipment.
Popular Diet Books
Sensible information that can help you achieve the best results for long term health. No fad diets, do diet junk - just a plan that you can live with.
Fun & Effective Workout
Quick Diet Tip - Negative Calorie Foods
Negative calorie foods are not new and have been discussed in weight loss circles for years.
They are just fruits and vegetables where your body uses more calories to digest them than the food actually contains.
It is said that when you add them into your diet, and you take the amount of calories the food has, then minus how many calories it takes to digest the food you are left with a negative amount.
Ok, in reality the calorie difference is so small that it doesn't make any huge type of a difference but these are also healthy foods so they are good to eat any way and are always a good choice.
Here is a short list of popular negative calorie fat burning foods - there are many more:
By adding fitness into your life you not only slim down but you tone up which makes your body less marshmallowy and jiggly. Toning makes you tighter and more compact. While spot reducing doesn't work, tightening the muscles in the ab area will make them more defined and sleek.
Sports Drinks Or Water After Your Workout?
Water Preferably, However...
Water is the best way for most of us to hydrate.
Water is the way our bodies are meant to hydrate, rehydrate and is the perfect pick me up for before, during and after exercising.
Now if you are in to endurance types of fitness like practicing for a marathon, or you have a tendency to sweat more than average, than a sports drink might be a better choice for you. The added minerals and electrolytes may just be what your body needs to keep it going.
Also if you are not a fan of drinking plain water and a sports drink is an easier way for you to drink more fluids than the sports drink wins out again.
Just remember that sports drinks have added calories and sometimes you may consume more calories from your sports drink that you have just burned off exercising. Sports drinks are also more expensive than water.
Be sure not to try and hydrate with drinks that have sugar or caffeine such as energy drinks.
You become dehydrated even more quickly when you use coffee, tea, caffeine colas and alcohol to hydrate.
Have you made your decision?
Sports drinks or water; only you can decide.
Men and women's bodies are different, our nutritional and caloric needs are different and most we have different taste in food. While the original Abs Diet book works well for women, this one is more geared for our needs and likes.
Be Safe - Be Smart
*Remember, that before going on any diet, using any weight loss product, or starting any new exercise routine you should first discuss it with by your doctor or health care provider.
Never use any weight loss products if you are pregnant, nursing or have any health condition that might prohibit it's use.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Exercises To Reduce and Tone the Inner Thighs
We want to get to know our friends, so please share your dieting and fitness goals and/or stories. Thanks