What Are Love Handles?
Love handles are nothing but excessive deposits of fat on both the sides of your waistline. Adapting a proper diet regime along with a healthy lifestyle can help tone your waist and abs.
- Get enough of quality sleep: lack of sleep will keep you inactive throughout the day. Also, it will produce more cortisol which will, in turn, increase your cravings for sugary and unhealthy foods.
- Drink more water: keep yourself hydrated by drinking a glass of water every hour. Sometimes you are not hungry but it is actually dehydration which makes you feel hungry.
- Practice yoga: this will keep your weight and health in place.
- Eat home made food as far as possible. Add more green veggies and fresh fruits to your diet.
- Increase the intake of healthy proteins and fats. This will keep you feeling full.
- Have whole grains such as wheat, corn etc. You can replace your regular rice with brown rice.
- Never Skip Your Breakfast: studies have shown that those who have breakfast regularly are less likely to put on weight and are much healthier than those who skip their morning meal.
- Don't get stressed out: the release of stress hormone (cortisol) in the body gives rise to the deposition of excessive fat around the abdomen. Along with giving rise to a number of physical and mental illnesses, stress makes you gain unnecessary weight around your middle body leading to love handles.
- Stop consuming alcohol: intake of toxic substances causes dehydration and makes you feel exhausted. This also results into blood sugar swings, sleep apnea and too much of hunger.
- Say no to processed, oily and sugary foods such as fries, burgers, sweets, pizzas and so on.
- Avoid white bread and biscuits.