- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Witch Hazel for a Radiant and Flawless Skin
Women with radiant, beautiful and flawless skin aren't just lucky. A wholesome diet, a good lifestyle and a daily skin care routine play vital roles.
Witch Hazel is Wonderful for The Skin
Witch hazel uses are many, the most prominent being skin care. In fact, the words
witch hazel and acne go hand in hand. This article provides insights into the
uses of witch hazel.
The chief therapeutic action of witch hazel is stopping bleeding, both internally and externally. The North Americans revered the witch hazel for its astringent healing properties. The branches of the trees were used to detect underground water and metals; and this explains why the tree started being known as ‘witch’ hazel.
Witch Hazel and its Astounding Benefits
Witch hazel is an attractive deciduous shrub that is native to the Eastern states of America and Canada. The shrub has bright yellow flowers that blossom in winter. The bark, twigs and leaves have immense medicinal properties.
Witch hazel is an outstanding remedy for bleeding. It helps to stop bleeding from the stomach, bowels, lungs and uterus. The tannins present in the leaves of the plant not only stop bleeding, but, it also decreases pain and inflammation, hastens healing and provides a protective coating on wounds to inhibit the development of infection.
An Outstanding Remedy for Bleeding
The Uses of Witch Hazel
Witch hazel has many therapeutic as well as cosmetic uses. The following the common ailments and medical conditions in which witch hazel has been successfully used:
- Witch hazel is brilliant for excessive and heavy bleeding during menses. It lo helps allay pain, heaviness and discomfort occurring during the monthly period.
- It is an excellent douche for vaginal discharge.
- It has frequently been recommended for prolapsed uterus and to tone up the muscles of the uterus after delivery.
- It has been used extensively to manage the pain and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids. A poultice of witch hazel applied to the rectal and anal area yields considerable relief. It reduces the pain and itching appreciably.
- Witch hazel poultice is also beneficial for varicose veins and varicose ulcers, reducing the pain and soreness; burns and engorged breasts.
- Experts advocate using it as a mouth wash for bleeding and sore gums
- A gargle helps alleviate throat pain almost instantaneously.
- Witch hazel is useful for conjunctivitis too. Soak eye pads in a solution of witch hazel and rose water and place over your eyes for relief.
Witch Hazel Promises You A Gorgeous Skin
Witch Hazel Gives You a Healthy and Glowing Skin
Witch hazel is good for inflammatory skin ailments such as acne, pimples, psoriasis and eczema. It decreases swelling and inflammation and expedites healing. As a solution is eases pain, irritation and itching effectively. You can incorporate witch hazel in to your daily skin care ritual.
Witch hazel lotions and witch hazel oil has been used widely in the successful management of acne. Witch hazel promises to reduce the number of eruptions, as well as their frequency of appearance significantly. It enhances the texture of the skin making it look healthy and radiant. Application of witch hazel when combined with the right diet and correct skin care shows results in most cases of acne almost immediately.