- Exercise & Fitness
Yoga For Height Increase
Yoga to increase your height
Yoga for Height
The holistic health benefits of yoga has been recognized in both ancient and modern medical fields due to its use of natural alternatives to promoting health and curing a wide range of diseases. But did you know that you can also practice yoga for height increase? With regular practice and the performance of the right yoga exercises, it won't be long until you add a few inches to your height.
Can You Boost Height With Yoga?
The idea of increasing height through yoga is absolutely not a myth. By exercising, you manipulate the position of your joints and bones, as well as create a stretching action on your muscles and spine for height increase.
Aside from that stretching action, doing yoga exercises can also promote your body's natural metabolism to increase fluid secretion in your pituitary gland. This gland is responsible for producing growth hormones in the body and the more hormones you could produce, the faster the rate of your body's growth. As a result of that, it will consequently lead to height growth.
Recommended Yoga Exercises
As mentioned above, the need to choose the right yoga exercises to incorporate into your routine until you increase your overall height is therefore crucial to your success. Some of the most well known exercises that have been known to produce a height increase effect include mostly inversions and side bends. Some of these exercises include Mountain Pose, Shoulder Stand, Cobra Pose, Fish Pose, among others.
To learn more about what these exercises are that promote height and how you can perform them, read further below.
Mountain Pose or Tadasana
To perform Tadasana or Mountain Pose, follow the steps below:
- Begin in an upright position and keep your feet about shoulder-width apart from each other.
- Keep your shoulders upright as you hold back your muscles for a bit.
- Clasp both of your hands and raise it upward in a slow but gradual motion until they reach a full stretch. Make sure neither your arms or legs are bent in the process.
- Upon bringing your arms down, perform exhalation. You can now go back to your starting position. Then, repeat the entire procedure for 2 to 3 more repetitions.
Executing the Mountain Pose on a regular basis is known to stretch your vertebral column, which has been known to improve height growth.
Shoulder Stand or Sarvanganasana
To perform the Shoulder Stand, follow the steps below:
- Lie on your back against the floor. Keep your palms close to your body. Meanwhile, keep your toes and heels close next to each other.
- Inhale as you slowly raise your legs until they reach a 90-degree angle. Exhale.
- Use your palms to support beneath your hips as you move onto the next position. This will help keep you steadily in position. Raise your body to as high as you can to provide your spine and lower back a good stretch.
- Finally, rest your chin on your chest while you allow your shoulders to rest. Keep yourself in position for at least 30 seconds or for as long as you can manage to attain optimum results.
Aside from the intense stretching action on your spine, this position is also known to promote pituitary gland activity and can therefore boost secretion of growth hormones.
Matsyasana (fish pose)
Fish Pose or Matsyasana
To perform the Fish Pose, you must follow the steps below:
- Lie down with your back against the floor as you keep your legs straight.
- Slid both hands underneath their corresponding thighs with the palm facing down on the floor.
- Press down against your elbow to produce an arch on your back. At this point, you must begin inhalation.
- Bring your head back until the top of your head touches the floor to support the arching of your back. Point your jaws upward to the ceiling.
- When you exhale, rest your elbows and bring them back to their starting position. Allow your legs and torso to relax.
The compressing action around your neck and upper spine offers balance to the stretching action produced by the Shoulder Stand, which is why the Fish Pose must be done soon after doing the Shoulder Stand.
Half Tortoise Pose or Ardha Kumasana
To perform the Half Tortoise Pose, you must follow the steps below:
- Begin on a kneeling position. Then, stretch your arms and torso in a forward fashion such that your hands are able to touch the ground in front of you.
- Drop your head forward until your reach the ground and it touches against your face. Allow your hands to face other for a full stretching action.
By following the simple steps above, you can creating a stretching action on your spine to make it longer and therefore cater to your height increase goals. In addition, this position is also ideal for relieving back or spine aches.
Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
Cobra Pose or Bhujangsana
To perform the Cobra Pose, you must follow the steps below:
- Start on a prone position with your chest against the floor. Then, point your toes behind you with your palm faced on the floor.
- Place your hand against your rib cage and use it to slowly lift your upper body such that it does not touch the floor. At this point, begin your inhalation exercise.
- Gently perform this step until your body has assumed a 90-degree angle. Slightly tilt your head back. Feel the upward and forward motion of your chest.
Cobra Pose is a great exercise to incorporate into your yoga routine for height increase due to increase flexibility of your spine and boosting blood supply on your vertebral column.
Yoga DVDs on Amazon
Easy Pose or Sukahasana
To perform the Easy Pose, you must follow the steps below:
- Begin on a sitting position then cross both legs. Rest your hands on their respective knees as you concentrate on your breathing pattern.
- Properly straighten up your spine as you place pressure against your sitting bones.
- Lower your knees to provide gentle support on your back and hips.
- Execute about 5 to 10 deep breaths to complete this process.
- When you exhale, bring your arms down.
- You can perform the steps again for 5 more times.
The ability of this exercise to open up your hips and groin muscles is ideal for promoting your body's natural ability to grow. Therefore, it is one of the most recommended exercises when practicing yoga for height increase.