Signing Up for Google Adsense
Signing up for Google Adsense, and associating your account with HubPages, can be the most effective way to make money with your writing on HubPages.
Step 1 - Get Started
Log in to your HubPages account, and go to your My Affiliate Settings page.
From there, click the "sign up" link, as indicated in the picture below.
If you don't already have a Google AdSense account:
If you do already have a Google AdSense account:
- Look for an email from Google asking you to confirm your AdSense application. (Be sure to check your Junk Mail folder since this email sometimes gets trapped by spam filters.) Follow the instructions carefully to complete your application. You'll also need to give Google your tax identification information before your account will be fully approved.
- Then please wait, up to 1-2 weeks, for Google to review your application and grant you an account. (There is nothing HubPages can do to speed up this process.)
- Look for a confirmation email from Google. This email will contain an account activation link, and some other getting started information.
- Click "Yes" next to "Do you already have a Google AdSense account", and fill in the email address, last 5 digits of your phone number, and ZIP/postal code associated with your AdSense account (if you have multiple email addresses and/or phone numbers, double-check what you have on file with Google before filling this out). Click the "Link My Accounts" button.
- Look for an email from Google asking you to confirm that you want to link your AdSense account with HubPages. Make sure to monitor your Junk Mail folder to make sure this important email from Google doesn't get trapped there
Step 2 - Associating your Google Adsense account with HubPages
If you have followed these instructions, all you have to do is grant HubPages access your AdSense account when prompted by AdSense.
If you already have an AdSense account, you can simple enter your affiliate code into your HubPages affiliate settings. You can find your affiliate code at the bottom of this page, and enter it here.
- My application was rejected by Google. Why?
We don't know either. Please consult the "rejection" email sent to you by Google. It will give you instructions to fix whatever issue caused the disapproval and give you instructions on how to reapply. If you still have questions about the disapproval, you should respond to that email to reach the AdSense support team who will be able to address the issue.
- I never received the email from Google to link my existing AdSense account to Google.
You can grant access to HubPages.com in your AdSense account by following these steps:
1. Log into your AdSense account.
2. Click on the 'My Account' tab
3. Click 'Account Access'
4. Click the 'Grant Access' link next to http://hubpages.com
Within 24 hours, your status should change to “Active” on HubPages.
Related Forum Posts