- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
A Special Card for Your MOM on Mothers Day
A Special Mother's Day Card
Have you ever tried making a card for your mother, grandmother, or special aunt? Here is one simple tutorial on how you can make a very simple and yet an extraordinary looking card to show how they really meant for you.
Moms are the kind of emotional and appreciative people. Sometimes a simple hugs and kisses can do to ease all the sadness and emptiness. What more if you can give them something out of your own creativity. It iss how you remember Moms on Mothers Day that really counts.
Remember how your Moms took care of everything when you were little. From putting your socks on your feet, to combing your hair. Remember how she prepares everything for you. From carefully choosing the right food for you from breakfast, to dinner, and sterilizing your feeding bottles, and washing all your stuff. Remember how she took you for a shower and give you a good night sleep after. Remember how she encourage you to draw and write your name and telling you, 'Baby, you can do it!'. Those are just the few things mom had done for you.
Remember how she ease your pain when you get wounded. Remember when she hugs you tight when your in pain. Remember how she nags when you don't want to listen. Remember when she looks at you when you did something to annoy her. And remember how she comforts you and explains everything when you missed her. Remember how she sets her schedule only for you and how she'd set more of her goals in your behalf. Remember how she did everything just to raise you to become you. Remember the unconditional love she has for you.
Now, what's the worth of this card compare to those that have been mentioned? Let us not forget that such are just the few things Mom had done for you. What about those things I forgot to mention?
You have grown up, but did mom left your side? Mom always have time for you.
Now that your old enough to give her your attention. Would it be nicer if you can send her more love and affection? Cards are just instrument to show how much you love her. The most important thing here is how you express your love. That you remember her on the very special day.
I'll show you how you can create one beautiful handcrafted mothers day card for your beloved Mom. It's so easy and fun to create.
Tools NeededClick thumbnail to view full-size
Required Tools Needed In Making Card
- Eyelet Setter
List of MaterialsClick thumbnail to view full-size
- 1/8 cm fuchsia pink ribbon
- Double Adhesive Tape
- Glue (optional)
- red pen
How to Make Your Own Card
- Choose the color of a card-stock you want to use for your card. I prefer to use two shades of pink since it is the color that shows some femininity.
- Fold the card equally into three part.
- Using a cutter, on the first part of the card, cut a heart shape on the left side while we leave the right side for the message.
- Cut a rectangular shape on the third part of the card. Make sure the rectangular shape is aligned to the heart shape at the front when fold.
- Fold the card then get the middle point using the ruler. Use a puncher to make a hole at the middle of your card. Position the eyelet.
- Inside the card, use a different color of a rectangular shape cut-out same size with the one on the third part of the card. This is to patch the shape
- Use your glue or the double adhesive tape to attach the shapes and the third part to its second shape.
- Punch another hole at the left side of the rectangle. Make a square shape which is equivalent twice the size of the rectangle. Then position the eyelet using the eyelet setter tool.
- It will look like a window. Inside it you can write one very special message for mom.
- Place the ribbon. Cut two rectangular shape and two heart shape and attach it on both ends of the ribbon using the double adhesive tape.
- Write your own message inside the card before you tie the ribbon.
- You can write short messages on the two shapes, the rectangular and heart shape which also serves as hanging ornament.
A Mother's Day Card
Mothers Day Gift Ideas
Do you want to make a bookmark out of wire? Here's how you do it..
- Make A Personalized Bookmark
Bookmark your page and leave a trace. A do-it-yourself project. Create one and have fun.
Have you ever tried to make a keychain for your purse? Follow the simple steps.
- How to Make Keychain in Less Than 3 Minutes
Simple steps to make a keychain for grandma, for moms, for our friends, officemate, and special someone. Its so easy to make. Just follow the instructions.
Want more gift ideas for your Mom? Kathryn Stratford shared her best..
- Memorable Gifts For Women in Your Life
Here are some gift ideas for women, either for Mother's Day, a birthday, or other celebration. This is a selection of creative and homemade gifts, as well as great ideas for presents to purchase
Join Hubpages Today!
© 2013 agapsikap