- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Birthdays & Celebrations
10 Great Gift Ideas For Women
Some of these may seem a little cliche, but hey...what works works.
1. Jewelry - Yes, gentleman. This doesn't have to be an expensive thing. Even a simple bracelet that you see in Macy's that you think she'll like will be appreciated. My boyfriend actually made my favorite bracelet with thread. I know that's a little on the crazy side, but my point is that it doesn't have to be expensive to be pretty and appreciated.
2. Flowers - This may be more aimed at an important date rather than a serious birthday or anniversary, but it can mean a lot, especially when presented with a card.
3. Perfume - This may be a bit tough if you don't know her tastes, but if you're out with her, see if you can randomly stray by some perfume section and see what she picks up.
4. Gift Cards - This one is a little tricky because women can see it as you not making an effort for an actual gift. Sometimes a smelly perfume is better than a poorly picked gift card. However if she has a favorite store, and she makes it clear, B-I-N-G-O!
5. Shopping - Yes, boys. It may be a little scary, but sometimes it's nice to take her shopping. Tell her she can choose anything she wants. (You may want to make sure she knows the value of a dollar in this case.)
6. Purse - This may be one of the best options. 1st because she'll carry it with her everywhere and think of you and 2nd because it can easily be filled with goodies like candy or a CD.
Pretty Jewelry That's Affordable
7. Book - Believe it or not, some women think of more practical
things as gifts. I know my mom wanted a vacuum cleaner for her
birthday one year. Anyways, a book can sometimes be a great idea
because it says, "Hey. I took the time to think of something creative
and outside the typical gift realm. I knew you've been wanting to read
this." She may appreciate it more than you think.
8. Blanket - If you're Thomas Kinkade and can create life with your hand, a drawing or painting might be a better idea--Please don't pull a Napoleon Dynamite stunt though...not cool--but if you're more towards the average painter, a knotted blanket might be a good idea. Basically you buy two nice fabrics, you cut slits in the edges and you tie the two fabric pieces together with the slices. I'll try to list a link to help. It's actually surprisingly easy and super fun!
9. Spa Trip - A day at the spa can be quite a change for some women. Many ladies don't have time to relax, and something like this is very refreshing for them. Plus, it mentions that you think they work hard or that they deserve to pampered a little. Or you could make it even better and buy some massaging lotion and bath fizzers and work on a massage and bath yourself for her at home. Talk about a different idea. Treat her to the best Spa Day she could dream up.
10. My personal favorite - Take her to dinner!! This is kind of an extra I suppose. If the relationship is serious enough, it may not seem like you put much thought into it. However if you bought one of the gifts above and stayed on the more frugal side, you might be able to afford the little extra. I'm going to try and make another hub on this specific topic soon so check it out!