10 Unique Gift Ideas You Didn't Know Existed For The Man/Woman Who Has Everything
Are You Freaking Out Over What on Earth to Give that Person Who's Impossible to Shop For? Surprise Her/him with a Present That's Different - Out-of-the-Ordinary
1) Membership in a Beer-of-the-Month Club . Every month, for 3, 6, or 12 months (depending on which plan you pick), your recipient gets 3 bottles of 4 different premium microbrews - 12 all together! Different award-winning breweries from around the country send the beer along with personalized gift messages, and they don't even charge for shipping. He/she not a beer drinker? No problem! Send them wine, flowers, chocolate, even teddy bears, peanut butter, dog treats, pizza, or olive oil - and that's still not all. Get more amazing ideas at Amazing Clubs. 6-month Beer of the Month Club membership, $197.70. amazingclubs.com.
2) Underwater Goggles Digital Camera . Does your loved one love the water and photography? Give them a swim mask that doubles as a waterproof digital camera! They probably don't even know this exists yet. It's 5 MP and works in up to 15 feet of water. The device is worn on the body, making for a much more comfortable, hands-free, swimming experience. And you might want to mention that this is the only camera of its kind. $99.99.amazon.com.
3) Teach Them a Foreign Language . One of the coolest things in the world is learning how to speak another language. Well, now you can easily give that to him or her, thanks to Rosetta Stone. This incredible computer software enables anyone to learn a new tongue in the comfort of their own home, using its state-of-the-art technique. The secret is in how it replicates the natural language learning ability we all used in childhood. If your gift recipient has any doubts, point out that Rosetta Stone is used by NASA, the U.S. State Department, and the U.S. Army. Hopefully, that should do. Choose from 31 different languages. Level I, approx. $249.rosettastone.com
4) Let Him Drive a Stock Car . Has he been everywhere? Bet he's never been behind the wheel of a stock car. Imagine the look on his face as he prepares to drive 8 laps at 140 miles per hour! There are many locations available across the US, and different lengths of time you can book. Or, give him (or her) the experience of bungee jumping, a helicopter tour, a paintball game, rock climbing, fencing, even a Harley-Davidson motorcycle rental. Believe it or not, this is just the beginning of what's available at Cloud 9 Living. Prices vary by location and number of laps. Richmond, Virginia, 8 laps of racing, $275.00. cloud9living.com .
5) A Great Unexpected Stocking Stuffer is a Magazine Subscription . For less than $20, you can give a year of her/his favorite magazine - a monthly reminder of your thoughtfulness. It's the kind of thing lots of people just don't think of giving themselves - but it's a nice little luxury that's even nicer coming from you. Just log onto any magazine's actual website, or mail in one of the ubiquitous card inserts that seem to fly out of every magazine ever printed.
6) A Share of Stock in their Favorite Company . Oneshare.com sells single shares of stock in over 200 different companies. This is not a gimmick - your recipient gets a real stock certificate, complete with frame (paper frame is included, or you can upgrade for an additional charge). For a little more, you can even add a personalized engraved message. This is one gift that is unlikely to be forgotten - a financial stake in a company that's near and dear to his/her heart. Stocks range from approx. $40 - $900 (plus tax and shipping). oneshare.com .
7) Designer Sheet Set . Even people who can easily afford luxurious linens often don't have the time or inclination to shop for them. There's no need to spend in the stratosphere, either - Century 21, Marshall's, and stores of that ilk that sell designer clothing at rock-bottom prices often sell bedding as well. Even the actual Calvin Klein store in New York City has a sale section with unbelievable price reductions. Remember, of course, to be sure of the size of the bed (double, queen, king, California king, etc). And unless you're positive that they want a specific pattern, just stick to solid/neutral colors that you know will match their bedroom. High thread count and a soft feel to the touch - Egyptian cotton is great - are what you're looking for here. This is an especially great gift for the busy woman, metrosexual man, or couple who appreciates style and elegance. Prices vary widely. c21stores.com ,marshallsonline.com , overstock.com , macys.com , designer stores, department stores.
8) Tool Set Designed For Women . The perfect gift for the independent woman, especially one who lives alone, is her very own set of tools. At barbarak.com/ , you will find just that. Barbara Kavovit has created her own line of tools designed specifically for women, which are ergonomic and even pretty! There's lots to choose from - everything from screwdrivers to gardening gloves, and her website features tons of do-it-yourself tips aimed at women. barbarak.com/ .
9) Personalized Mousepad . Got a teen, tween, or coworker to shop for? What could be cooler than their very own customized mousepad? At zazzle.com , you will be amazed at the myriad of items you can personalize with images and/or text - either what's on the site already or your own. And mousepads are just the beginning. Choose from mugs, calendars, t-shirts, bags, even stamps - and that's only the tip of the iceberg. There is something for just about everybody - and they'll think of you every time they use it. Mousepads, under $20 each.zazzle.com .
10) An Online Class . Give your loved one the gift of instruction by an expert - even a celebrity - that they can attend right at their computer. They'll learn how to cook, succeed in real estate, speak in public, travel cheaply...the list goes on and on. Depending what's available in your town, you can also give a live class as a gift, too. Online classes, approx. $45. learningannex.com .