10 Things to Do on Father's Day
Its All About Him!
Father's day is a very special day where we take the time to thank our dads for all they have done for us. From the time we were born father's have been helping us grow and teaching us how to live well in the world today. Show your dad your appreciation by making father's day special this year.
10 Ways to Show Dad You Care
- Breakfast in bed. This is a classic yet wonderful way to greet dad in the morning. Make dad's favorite food and arrange it in a pleasing manner. Include a handwritten note to make this breakfast extra special. Don't forget his favorite pot of coffee!
- Write dad a letter about a special memory. We all have fond memories of our father's when we were little and some when we are older as well. Choose something that stands out in your mind and write it down. If you like and you feel comfortable doing so, you can even frame it!
- Have a family picnic. One of the things parents love to do is simply spend time with their kids. Make some cold sandwhiches in advance, pack some fruit and other snacks, add drinks and a blanket and you're ready to go! If the weather is rainy, a picnic indoors on the floor is just as fun.
- Draw or paint a picture of dad. Use a photo for reference. Remember it doesn't have to be perfect. You may want to include your whole family or show your dad doing what he loves to do best. Be as colorful and creative as you like when making your art for dad!
- Make a handmade card. Think about what your dad loves and include it on the front of the card. Don't be afraid to get out the glue, stickers, paints, other embellishments and make this a real masterpiece. Write something heartfelt inside. Just a few lines is fine. If you are having trouble coming up with something to say you could begin with something like "I think you are the greatest dad because:" or "we have had many wonderful times together, one of those times I remember best is:"
- Hugs and kisses. Nothing says I love you dad like a big hug and a fat kiss on the cheek! This is a wonderful thing to do when he wakes up or right when he comes through the door.
- Make a bunch of father's day coupons. Write things like "good for one backscratch" or "help dad wash the car". There are many templates online or if you like you can make your own. Be sure to use sturdy paper like cardstock.
- Go for a walk and just talk. With busy schedules its nice to have some one-on-one time with dad just to catch up. Tell him all about the exciting things going on in your life and don't forget to ask him questions to learn more about what is going on with dad!
- Play dad's favorite game. Wether its golf or scrabble it is dad's day to choose! Playing games is a great way to make new memories and keep everyone having fun.
- Take a picture. Have someone take a picture of you and your dad and make two copies, one for each of you! This will give you something to remember the special day and father you spent it with. This is a nice tradition to do every year because you can visually see how you and dad change throughout the years.
Father's Day Quotes
Try selecting a quote that resonates with you and include it in a card or a letter for your father!
My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.-Jim Valvano
He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. -Clarence Budington Kelland
My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." -Harmon Killebrew
Any fool can be a Father, but it takes a real man to be a Daddy! -Philip Whitmore Snr