- Holidays and Celebrations
12th Birthday Wishes: What to Write in a 12th Birthday Card
Happy 12th Birthday Wishes GraphicsClick thumbnail to view full-size
What to Write in a 12th Birthday Card
Writing in a 12 year old's birthday card can feel as awkward as eating lunch by yourself in the school cafeteria. Put yourself in the mindset of a pre-teen to come up with the best words.
Writing something funny or inspirational is up to you. Below are some examples of 12th Birthday messages to help you. Don't stress out too much. Remember that you're writing in a birthday card, not trying to create the next bestselling novel.
12th Birthday Wishes
Most of these are funny birthday messages for a 12 year old.
- When I turned 12, someone told me a very important and wise saying that I'd like to share with you. "Have a happy 12th birthday."
- I haven't been this excited about your birthday since about a year ago.
- Somehow you barely look older than an eleven year old. Good thing your maturity makes up for your youthful looks.
- One more year until you're a teenager!
- You've been around for 4382 days. You are getting really old.
- Being 12 is underrated. Look how cool you are!
- You are the youngest 12 year old I know.
- If I had to guess, I wouldn't have thought you are 12. I would have thought you to be about 144 months old.
- I hope your 12th year is even better than your 11th!
- I'm looking forward to hanging out with a 12 year old this year.
- Getting older is a fact of life. Being 12 is a blessing. Enjoy your youth!
- I'm looking forward to having a 12 year old friend for the next year.
- You only turn 12 once, but you get to act like a 12 year old for 365 days.
- You still look like you did when you were born, only you act like a 12 year old now. Wait! I think I got that backwards.
- Don't forget where you came from. You used to be 11.
- It seems like just yesterday you were only 11.
- If only all 12 year old people were as nice as you, the world would be a much better place.
- 12 is a magic age. You have one year before your unlucky 13th birthday.
- If it wasn't for being around other 12 year old, being 12 wouldn't be too bad.
Jokes for 12th Birthday
The best part about being 12 is...
- You could still eat off of the child's menu, but you order off the adult menu anyway since your parents are paying.
- The IRS will never suspect that you are making 50 thousand a year mowing lawns or babysitting.
- You don't have to be 11 ever again.
- There's something good about turning 12?
You know you're 12 years old when...
- Your parents aren't very smart any more.
- You've perfected the take-a-day-off-from-school cough.
- The price of your shoes is higher than your I.Q.
- You're too cool to hug your parents in public
- Hair is showing up in the strangest places.
12th Birthday Poems
While Childhood Lasts
Teenage years are on their way
There's no need to grow up too fast
Please make your innocence stay
Have fun while your childhood lasts
Take a Bow
You don't have to be grown up
But you can do great things now
Drink responsibility from your cup
Eat birthday cake and take a bow
Don't worry too much about doing it wrong
You won't be twelve years old for very long
Acrostic Poem for 12th Birthday
Inspirational 12th Birthday Messages
Even though 12 year old people probably like funny birthday wishes, you have an opportunity to inspire with a meaningful or religiously themed birthday message. These are some ideas.
- You are an amazing 12 year old! I am looking forward to seeing what great things will come in your life this year.
- Don't let anyone look down on you because of your age. This is the year for you to amaze people.
- God has great plans for you this year. I know you will be used for His great purpose.
- It has been a joy watching you grow up to the young person you have become. I can see you becoming more like an adult all the time.
- If I could give you any advice today, I would tell you to keep doing what you are doing. You are one 12 year old who is already doing well.
- I am amazed as your level of maturity. I seem to forget that you are only turning 12!
- You're 12, so many of your peers will need a good role model. I know you will be a good influence!
- Being 12 is more difficult than being 11, so I am wishing you luck with all your new pressures and responsibilities.