14 Festive Things to Do for the Fall Season
Fall is here and it’s time to get outside and enjoy the cooler weather before winter shows up. There are so many fun activities for the fall season, old traditions as well as new ones. If you have not gotten into the season spirit, here are a few ideas to make your fall more memorable.
Enjoy a Home With a Fall Theme
There are so many ways to decorate your home in a fun, festive way for fall.
1. First, Decorate your Front Door with a Wreath- create one or purchase one
2. Add Fall Colors to your home
- Change the curtains in your home and mostly every room in your house, condo or apartment to demonstrate colors of fall.
- Get those kitchen towels, that is inspired, and also add some fall decor in the bathroom.
3. Create a beautiful Centerpiece for your table- leaves, etc, be creative.
4 . Light a candle that smells like autumn. - This can be very cozy and refreshing.
5. Create a Fall Arrangement with Colored Leaves
Arrange leaves and group them by color and size.
6. Enjoy anything that is made from pumpkin or pumpkin flavored. This is a great way to express the autumn season. Pumpkin is rich in potassium. Here are pumpkin flavored drinks and food:
Pumpkin Spice Limited Time Seasonals K-Cup Pods
- Lavish a cup of hot beverage with International Delight Pumpkin Spice Pie Creamer
- Create some Pumpkin Spice or Pumpkin Spice Waffles for Breakfast. That is one way to have a memorable fall breakfast.
Lindt Pumpkin Spice Truffles
- Pumpkin Spice Roll is great for sweet breakfast or as a dessert
- Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Bars, pumpkin spice flax granola bars is great to entertain guests - a very healthy snack
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal from Quaker
- Pumpkin Soup is great as a lunch side
- Jello Pumpkin Spice- great dessert for the kids and also adult
- Kraft Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Spice Rice Treats is a great treat
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- Werther’s Original pumpkin spice soft caramels
- R.W. Knudsen sparkling pumpkin spice beverage- is a very different
8. Some other important foods and veggies for the autumn are acorn squash, butternut squash and apples. It has many health benefits. It has omega-3 fatty acids and is an excellent source of vitamin A. There are recipes like spaghetti squash, roasted squash with brown butter and cinnamon, stuffed apples that fill your fall with memories with family, neighbors sharing with one another. I am sure you can come up with lots of more recipes.
Roasted Acorn Squash with Mushrooms From Fall Harvest Foods Site
Fall Activities for Children
9. Create exciting Fall Art Projects
Some ideas would be collecting colorful leaves for the fall, placing and pinning on card stock, making a garland, make leaf rubbings, fall leaf collage, and tieing them together, corn painting and so much more.
10. Church Festivals
Those of you all who have grown up in the church are familiar of several Oct. 31sts spent at carnivals, harvest festivals, or some other fall-themed events without the Halloween theme. There is a good chance that your church, or another churches in the area, hosts some kind of fall event that is fun for the whole group.
11. let the kids help by adding nutmeg to juiced apples (if possible, get fresh pressed juice)!
12. Visit Pumpkin Patches, corn maze and Go for a Hayride- look for local farms in your city or cities close to where you live to enjoy these great memorable activities.
Thanksgiving Holiday Activities
13. Volunteer this thanksgiving- at a homeless shelter or at your church, families and to make a difference and give back.
14. Have a Thanksgiving dinner for people who have nowhere to go.
Think of others who are less fortunate, plan a good day sharing things about yourselves over great food and dessert and finished the day with games and movies.
More Fun Activities for Thanksgiving
Helpful Hubs for the Holidays
- Top Hallmark Christmas Movies
The Hallmark Channel has many Christmas movies for the Holidays. Here are some of the top and best movies with amazing stories from Hallmark. They should be watched with your friends and family.
- 10 Hallmark Hall of Fame Christmas Movies
This Hub is about ten of the most loved hallmark hall of fame movies for the Christmas season filled with drama, great stories, romance and comedy that you can watch with friends and family.
- 15 Healthy Potluck Choices For Any Occasion
Most Potlucks have dishes high in fat and calories. Here are some alternative healthy dishes and recipes to take to a lunch or dinner potluck that is very quick and easy to prepare.
© 2017 Janellegems