16 Festive Things to Do for the Fall Season
Fall is here and it’s time to get outside and enjoy the cooler weather before winter shows up. There are so many fun activities for the fall season, old traditions as well as new ones. If you have not gotten into the season spirit, here are a few ideas to make your fall more memorable.
Enjoy a Home With a Fall Theme
There are so many ways to decorate your home in a fun, festive way for fall.
1. First, Decorate your Front Door with a Fall Wreath- create one or purchase one
2. Add Fall Colors to your home
- Change the curtains in your home and mostly every room in your house, condo or apartment to demonstrate colors of fall.
- Get those kitchen towels, pot holders, table placemats that is autumn inspired, and also add some fall decor in the bathroom.
3. Create a beautiful Fall Centerpiece for your table- that includes pumpkin, seasonal flowers, acorns, leaves, pinecones, etc, be creative.
4. Decorate the front yard with pumpkins and gourds.
5. Light a candle that smells like autumn. - This can be very cozy and refreshing. Fragrance candles can include pumpkin, pumpkin chai, apple cider, vanilla, cinnamon.
6. Create a Fall Arrangement with Colored Leaves
Arrange leaves and group them by color and size.
Eat and Drink Anything with Pumpkin
7. Enjoy anything that is made from pumpkin or pumpkin flavored. This is a great way to express the autumn season. Pumpkin is rich in potassium and is filled with B vitamins. Here are pumpkin flavored drinks and food:
- Pumpkin Spice Latte or Coffee like Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Spice or Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Spice Limited Time Seasonals K-Cup Pods
- Lavish a cup of Regular Coffee with International Delight Pumpkin Spice Pie Creamer
- Enjoy the exhilarating Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea
- Create some Pumpkin Spice Pancakes or Pumpkin Spice Waffles for Breakfast. That is one way to have a memorable fall breakfast with your family.
- Cereals with Pumpkin Spice like the Quaker Life brand, Cheerios, Special K, etc
- Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts - is a great to go breakfast once a week
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Lindt Pumpkin Spice Truffles
- Enjoy the season by baking Pumpkin Bread or if you are busy, purchase a Pumpkin bread at the supermarket
- Pumpkin Spice Roll is great for sweet breakfast or as a dessert
- A Pumpkin Smoothie is amazing at local smoothie joint like Jamba Juice or Tropical Smoothie Cafe
- Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Spice Milanos
- Nutrigrain Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Bars or Kashi pumpkin spice flax granola bars
- Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies is great to entertain guests
- The KIND Caramel Almond Pumpkin Spice Bars - a very healthy snack
- Use Pumpkin Spice Butter with your toast
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal from Quaker
- Pumpkin Soup is great as a lunch side or for dinner
- Yogurt with Pumpkin or yogurt Pumpkin Pie
- Jello Pumpkin Spice- great dessert for the kids and also adults
- Pumpkin Spice Almonds
- Kraft Pumpkin SpiceMallows
- Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispries is a great treat for the kids
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream like from the brand Talento
- Werther’s Original pumpkin spice soft caramels
- R.W. Knudsen sparkling pumpkin spice beverage- is a very different
Eat Other Autumn Inspired Foods
8. Some other important foods and veggies for the autumn are sweet potatoes, acorn squash, butternut squash and apples. Winter Squash has many health benefits. It has omega-3 fatty acids and is an excellent source of vitamin A. There are recipes like spaghetti squash, roasted squash with brown butter and cinnamon, sweet potato casserole, sweet potato mash, butternut squash soup, stuffed apples that fill your fall with memories with family, friends, neighbors sharing with one another. I am sure you can come up with lots of more creative recipes.
Roasted Acorn Squash with Mushrooms From Fall Harvest Foods Site
Fall Activities for Children
9. Create exciting Fall Art Projects for children
Some ideas would be collecting colorful leaves for the fall, placing and pinning on card stock, making a leaf garland, make leaf rubbings, fall leaf collage, collecting pinecones and tieing them together, paper pumpkin ornaments, mini autumn trees craft, corn painting and so much more.
10. Church Festivals
Those of you all who have grown up in the church are familiar of several Oct. 31sts spent at church carnivals, harvest festivals, or some other fall-themed events without the Halloween theme. There is a good chance that your church, or another churches in the area, hosts some kind of fall event that is fun for the whole Christian family. Do a google search and see churches and times of the special fall event.
11. Bake pumpkin pie or a batch of pumpkin cookies with your kids
12. Make your own apple cider and let the kids help by adding cinnamon sticks, nutmeg and honey to juiced apples (if possible, get fresh pressed juice)!
13. Visit Pumpkin Patches, corn maze and Go for a Hayride- look for local farms in your city or cities close to where you live to enjoy these great memorable activities.
Thanksgiving Holiday Activities
14. Donate food items to foodbank and church pantries to help families for the holidays
This is a wonderful idea and concept to teach your kids, to help others instead of only thinking what they can get.
15. Volunteer this thanksgiving- at a homeless shelter or at your church or any church in your city to help low income families and to make a difference and give back.
16. Have a Thanksgiving dinner for people who have nowhere to go.
Think of others who are less fortunate, plan a good day sharing things about yourselves over great food and dessert and finished the day with games and movies.
More Fun Activities for Thanksgiving
Helpful Hubs for the Holidays
- Top Hallmark Christmas Movies
The Hallmark Channel has many Christmas movies for the Holidays. Here are some of the top and best movies with amazing stories from Hallmark. They should be watched with your friends and family.
- 10 Hallmark Hall of Fame Christmas Movies
This Hub is about ten of the most loved hallmark hall of fame movies for the Christmas season filled with drama, great stories, romance and comedy that you can watch with friends and family.
- 15 Healthy Potluck Choices For Any Occasion
Most Potlucks have dishes high in fat and calories. Here are some alternative healthy dishes and recipes to take to a lunch or dinner potluck that is very quick and easy to prepare.
© 2017 Janellegems