25 Days of Fun Christmas Activities For Families
Everyone can agree that we work all year long to take care of our families. A lot of times this leaves us very little time to actually spend quality time with our loved ones. After a full day of work, shopping, tending to your animals and the kids, cooking, cleaning, sports, helping with school work and projects, and carpools we don't have enough time in a day. What better time to spend quality time with the family than Christmas! I know you must be thinking how can I even think about Christmas right now. FYI, it is just around the corner and it's time to sacrifice some things so you and the family can have a wonderful holiday. Forget about the cleaning one day, or two or three days. It is ok it will be there when you get back!
Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year. I get so excited every year the closer it gets! Yes, I am one of those people that would love to decorate November 1, but avoiding that Holiday stigma of skipping Thanksgiving, I give it just a little longer. Not to mention my daughters birthday is the 22nd, and old enough to join in on the conversations on how Halloween passes then Thanksgiving is forgotten and her birthday. LOL, I promise you we do not forget about her birthday!
Who says you can't start now though preparing your fun Christmas activity list? No judging here, this is why I am going to give you some quick and easy ideas. Who knows this may bring out your inner crafty side to make your own personal activities list! So let me just give you a little boost getting on the ball.
- Bake Christmas cookies and decorate
- String popcorn for the Christmas Tree
- Christmas movie family night
- Family Photo with Santa
- Make Christmas Ornaments
- Christmas Family Pictures for a Christmas Card
- Christmas decorating as a family while listening to Christmas music and singing.
- Make and Decorate a gingerbread house
- Have a family Christmas party
- Adopt a family for Christmas
- Volunteer at a Soup Kitchen
- Donate old Jackets and sweaters to charity, there are so many people that will need these around the holidays, what better time than now.
- Go for a ride to see Christmas Lights as a family
- Let your children help wrap family members Christmas presents
- Decorate Ugly Christmas Sweaters and wear them in public together
- Go to a Christmas Play
- Read Christmas stories with coco
- Write your letters to Santa
- Call the Santa hotline 951-262-3062 and let him know what you want for Christmas
- Go old school and mail a letter to Santa
- Hang Mistletoe's in all the doorways of the house and let the kids help even if you have to lift the boogers, lol
- Go to a Christmas Tree Farm and pick out a tree together
- Deliver some homemade Christmas goodies to someone that will least expect it
- Open one Christmas gift on Christmas Eve
- Celebrate Christmas together as a family
Have No Clue What Christmas Movie to Watch?
Are you having trouble deciding on Christmas movies for your Christmas movie marathon night? No worries I have provided a short clip of the best Christmas Movies that never get old, not to mention ones the whole family will enjoy. So, find your favorite spot on the couch (hurry before the spouse or kids get it first!), sit back and get ready to enjoy your relaxing night of Christmas movies! Don't forget your popcorn, hot cocoa, and your one piece footie Christmas pajamas (the whole family should be wearing these it only makes it more fun, lol) because it is about to go down!
Top 10 Family Christmas Movies of All Time
Whether you are a family that spends a lot of time together, maybe your kids are all grown and moved on, or maybe your family spends time together the least time possible. There is nothing better than putting things aside and coming together for the Holidays. It's a time to show love, and kindness even if you do not always get along. This is the perfect time to work on that! So get to work and start making that Fun Christmas Activity list for your family!
© 2018 Heather Gantt