- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Birthdays & Celebrations
30th Birthday Party Ideas: Themes, Supplies, Decorations, Gifts, and More
Before my 30th birthday, I brainstormed a lot of ideas. It seems like an occasion that's worthy of a good party. Clearly I'm not the only one with that philosophy because there are a lot of great 30th birthday party ideas out there. I've found a variety of party themes and other ideas for food, décor, gifts, and greeting cards. Whether you are throwing or attending the party, there is something here for everyone. Happy celebrating!
Great 30th birthday party themes include:
- An 80's flashback party. Yes, the references are becoming less relevant, but some people turning 30 do still remember the 80s. There are so many fun possibilities for this. 80s party posts that I found included fashion, video games, toys, cassette tapes, classic 80s movies, and classic 80s songs. It is so hard to limit yourself, and there's really no reason to not include all of your favorites. Personally I'm really leaning toward the cassette tape idea right now because I am still nostalgic about mix tapes.
- Grumpy Old Men Day: This is a perfect guy party idea. Have fun thrifting for the best old man clothes that you can find and let the guys dictate what activities they want to do for the day.
- Leaving the Roaring 20's/Heading into the 30's: This is such a creative theme. Maximize the potential that is there for the costumes and dancing.
- Circa 1980′s Cassette Tape 30th Birthday
- barnes yard: 3-Oh No!
- Grumpy Old Men Day: Jesi Haack Design Blog
- lullaby lubbock: Leaving his Roaring 20's behind and Rolling into his 30's
- he man birthday party "he’s the man"
- doo-dah!: happy 30th jeff; rubix cube cake, ecto cooler, dirty dancing cocktail, pac-man banner, and
- Super Mario Brothers Birthday Cake | Brown Eyed Baker
Other Decor and Food Ideas
I found a handful of additional great ideas for a 30th birthday party that don't fit into any particular theme and can be incorporated with just about any of them. They include the following:
- Photo collage in the shape of the numbers 3 and 0.
- Flags on toothpicks that have "30" on them for cupcakes, planters (could be a party favor or just décor), etc.
- Party hats with "30" or "thirty" printed on them. I love the font in the photo on the right for the word thirty on the hats.
- Take 30 balloons. Have each guest write an inspirational message for the recipient. Release the balloons together.
- A matches display in the shape of the numbers 3 and 0 that you can light all at once.
- Cookies or other food in the shape of the numbers 3 and 0.
Marianela receives her birthday cake - Royal Ballet LIVE
If you are attending a 30th birthday party and want to bring a gift, you certainly don't have to bring a 30 themed gift. If you are interested, here are some fun options to consider.
- 30 Sucks! Personally this is not my favorite, as I don't see anything particularly bad about turning 30. It's one of the most prevalent ideas online, though, so I figured I should include it. You can customize your 30 suckers and "30 sucks!" sign for them any way that you like.
- 30 Rocks!: The less popular but just as good alternative to the 30 sucks gift is to make a 30 rocks one with Pop Rocks candy instead of suckers.
- 30 Photos. Get 30 helium filled balloons and 30 photos of the birthday boy or girl, one from each year of his/her life. Attach one photo to each balloon. The blog post I included with this idea customized the photos to look like old Polaroids.
Birthday Card and Scrapbook Ideas
If you are making a card, full scrapbook, or scrapbook component yourself, here are some fun messages and ideas to consider:
- "Don't feel bad about turning 30...never mind, I can't think of anything reassuring to say."
- "30 fingers and 30 toes belonging to those who love you so" with hand prints and footprints. If you have 2 kids, you can make this with them. If you have 3 kids, use their prints.
- "You're never too old to do goofy stuff." -Ward Cleaver
- "Partying like rock stars in our 20s wasn't that great, right?" (I got this from JulieAnnArt.)
Some 30th birthday party fun.
A Few More Turning 30 Ideas and Resources
It's not too early to start planning for 40!
- 40th Birthday Party Ideas: Themes, Supplies, Decorations, Gifts, and More
Are you planning a 40th birthday party in the near future? This article has all of the ideas and resources for themes, supplies, decorations, gifts, and greeting cards that you'll ever need for a great fortieth celebration.
Do you enjoy making greeting cards for special occasions? Check this out!
- Homemade Handmade Greeting Card Making Ideas with Balloons: Birthday Cards, Pop Up Designs, and More
This article is about greeting card making ideas with balloons. It includes over ten ideas for birthday cards, pop up designs, and more. There are lots of links and resources here.
- Homemade Hot Air Balloon Greeting Cards Ideas: Birthday, Pop Up, and More
This article is about hot air balloon greeting cards. It includes ideas for birthday, romance, graduation, and thank you cards as well as pop up tutorials and other inspiration.
- Button Greeting Cards: Ideas for Handmade Homemade Card Making
This article has over ten different button greeting card ideas. These are all free ideas for handmade home card making. There are lots of photos and resources.