- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
5 Great Parks in Arizona
Take Dad to an Arizona Park for a Relaxing Father's Day or Any Day of the Year
Most dads are happiest when they're having fun with the kids. Consider these 5 great parks to spend Father's Day outside hiking, biking, or just tossing a frisbee around with dad.
Use Park Grades to find the perfect park for you. I've listed 5 great Arizona parks here to get you started. Search Park Grades by city and state to find a park and then read the reviews by actual users to find the perfect place to spend Father's Day.
The Grand Canyon, pictured here, is a great place to spend any day with dad. And it's much cooler than the Phoenix Metro area.
If you don't live in Arizona, you can still use Park Grades to find a great park to visit on Father's Day or any day of the year!
Photo Credit: Peggy Hazelwood
Hiking and Playing in Arizona Parks
Find a park for hiking or splashing with the kids in Phoenix and Tucson
The Phoenix Metro area offers lots of hiking opportunities right in and around the city. Here are a few links to check out these parks for yourself:
- Camelback Mountain Park in Paradise Valley has a 5-star rating on Park Grades. It offers a tough hike so this is perfect for fathers with older kids to get out and move early in the morning on Father's Day.
- McDowell Mountain Regional Park in Scottsdale has easy hiking trails for little ones.
- Tempe Beach Park in Tempe is another 5-star park right in the Metro area. Some of the fun things to do include a splash pad, baseball diamond, fishing, and a trail.
In Tucson, take dad to one of these 5-star parks:
- Himmel Park has a pool, tennis court, volleyball pit, basketball court, and amphitheater.
- Sabino Canyon has wonderful hiking trails but be sure to go before the heat sets in. The scenery is spectacular and you're bound to see some wildlife like road runners!
Photo Credit: Park Grades
Gifts for Dad on Father's Day - Take these along and have fun at a park
Give dad a gift he'll want to use like some new fishing gear or backpack. Or maybe you want him to play disk golf with you. Here you go!
5 Arizona Parks Perfect for Father's Day - Be sure to take along plenty of drinking water to the park.
- Grand Canyon National Park Grand Canyon Village, AZ | | Find a great park near you
ParkGrades.com -- Read reviews of Grand Canyon National Park. In the Arizona summer heat, a nice drive up to the Grand Canyon is a great way to make an escape on Father's Day!
- Slide Rock State Park Sedona, AZ | Fishing | Find a great park near you
ParkGrades.com -- Slide Rock State Park just north of Sedona is a fabulous spot to cool off by sliding down the natural rock slide in the creek.
- Lava River Cave Flagstaff, AZ | Scenic View | Find a great park near you
ParkGrades.com -- About 12 miles northwest of Flagstaff is this lava cave!
- McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park Scottsdale, AZ | Train | Find a great park near you
ParkGrades.com -- The McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park is a great place for dads with small kids to enjoy Father's Day. And there's plenty of room for games and play. Ride the train and carousel!
- Steele Indian School Park Phoenix, AZ | Basketball Court | Find a great park near you
ParkGrades.com -- This centrally located park in Phoenix has a lake where the kids and dad can go fishing, volleyball pits, basketball courts, and lots of room to play. Just be sure to head out early before it gets too hot.
What park activities do you and dad like?
Arizona Highways Magazine - Virtual Travel
Not close to Arizona or like to do your traveling via armchair? Or if you like to plan your route to take in the best sights, this magazine is for you!
This author, Peggy Hazelwood, participates in Amazon, eBay, All Posters, and other affiliate advertising programs. When you click an advertising link on this page and make a purchase, I receive a small percent of the sale. Thank you for reading this far!