- Holidays and Celebrations»
8 Great Family Halloween Costume Ideas
Halloween, wow is it that time of year again already? It can sneak up behind you quickly and leave you scrambling for last minute costume ideas; especially if you have multiple children.
There is nothing more adorable then a child in a cute Halloween costume, unless it's two children in matching Halloween costumes! So take a look at some of the best family costume ideas below and start planning your ideas today!
1. Super Hero Halloween Costumes
Gather the family and whip out the tights! This group Halloween costume is a life-saver, literally! With tons of favorite super heroes to choose from, everyone is sure to be pleased!
Note: have you ever noticed how almost all of the male super heroes wear tight pants? I suppose they can't be snagging their clothes while fighting.
2. Sesame Street Group Halloween Costume
There are numerous Sesame Street characters and they are all adorable! From the biggest bird to the smallest monster there is a costume idea for every member of the family.
3. PAC Man Group Halloween Costume
This super easy costume idea may bring a sense of nostalgia with it. Younger kids might not understand these characters but any adults that you pass are going to love this idea!
4. Tetris Game Group Halloween Costume
This one is so simple it's perfect! All you need is some cardboard boxes, paint and tape! Oh, and a good sense of the game and how it's played! Want to add more awesomeness to this costume idea? Make all of the pieces fit together when you stand next to one another! How cool is that?
5. Alice in Wonderland Group Halloween Costume
Who doesn't love the story of Alice in Wonderland? This is yet another great idea because there are so many people to imitate. You could be the White Rabbi, the Queen of Hearts or for the really ambitious among you, the Cheshire Cat.
6. Little Flowers Group Halloween Costume
This is simply adorable and I would absolutely take notice of this one if I passed it on Halloween night. Imagine turning your whole family into a walking flower garden? Your sure to win an award for creativity with this family group costume idea!
7. Witch and Black Cat Group Halloween Costume
There's something about a witch and a kitty that screams .... run! More then one kid? That's okay! You can have a whole coven of witches and black kitties!
8. Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck Group Halloween Costume
Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck are best friends and your children are bound to know who they are. Pluto, Daisy and Minnie could join the party too if you have a big family. The possibilities are endless.
Have a Happy Halloween!
Whatever costume you do choose be sure to stay safe on the big night! Trick-O-Treating should be fun but is only when everyone follows some basic safety rules.
- Don't wear masks that hinder your vision. You should be able to see clearly in all directions, not just ahead of you.
- Don't wear costumes that cause you to trip or fall down! Some can be big and bulky but they shouldn't keep you from moving safely or navigating stairs.
- Yes your costume is cute, but some places are cold this time of year! If you don't want to cover your costume with warm clothing, make sure it is large enough to wear warm clothes underneath.
- Dark street and dark clothing are a mixture for trouble! If drivers cannot see you, your in danger! Make sure you wear bright clothing, carry a flashlight or use glow sticks. Anything that helps you to be visible to drivers.
- Trick-o-Treat in groups to increase your safety. Children wandering around to strangers home all by themselves make great targets of opportunity! Don't be a target!
- Make sure you let someone know where your going and how long you plan to be out. Again, knocking on strangers doors can be risky!
- Only go to homes that are brightly lit or already have a lot of traffic.
- Stay away from remote areas where you don't know anyone.
- Avoid eating candy that has been tampered with or is foreign.
- Throw away any handmade treats if you don't know the person they came from. They may look harmless but you never know what someone else is thinking!
- Check every single piece of candy before you eat it.
- Always check all of your children's candy before allowing them to eat any of it.
- Make sure to lecture your children about Halloween safety!
Halloween can be a lot of fun but it can also be dangerous. There are numerous stories about people taking advantage of this Holiday to hurt innocent people. Have a good time but stay safe!
Many neighborhoods have opted to facilitate Trick-O-Treating substitutions. While some traditions never die, a lot of parents are turning to these events instead of knocking on a strangers doors, especially those who live in rural areas.
Check out your towns paper or call the town office to see if they are scheduling anything like this near you this year!
Find More Awesome Family Group Halloween Costume Ideas Here!
- Awesome Group Halloween Costume Ideas for the Whole Family (Mama Bugs Unite)
Oh yes friends ... Halloween is rapidly approaching and this Mumma is pumped! I adore Halloween! In fact, I would say it ALMOST trumps Christmas .... Almost! I love the colors of Halloween decorations, I love haunted houses, I love chilly nights fill
© 2017 Meagan Ireland