- Holidays and Celebrations»
- International Holidays
A Good Snack For Holiday" Fried Bread Minced Pork Spread (Khanom Pang Naa Moo) Recipe"
I am very excited to come home for a holiday in Thailand this year because I can be with my family. They expected me to do a good job of cooking for them. Well, I believe I won't disappoint them. "Fried bread with minced pork spread (khanom pang naa moo)" is the what I will cook for them and I would like to show you how it is done. It is an easy and yummy recipe so everybody can enjoy with this snack, especially children.
1 red spur chili, finely sliced
2 shallots, finely sliced
1 tbsp chopped corainder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/3 cups vinegar
Wash the cucumbers, cut into quarters lengthwise, then cut across into thin slices. Mix vinegar, sugar and salt together, simmer over medium heat until dissoved and the sauce slightly thickens. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Just before serving, pour the cold sauce over the vegetables, and sprinkle chopped coriander on top.
- Pound coriander roots, garlic and pepper finely to obtain a smooth paste, add into the minced pork. Follow with half of the beaten egg, soy sauce and water. Knead well.
- Cut the bread into quarters, dry in a low temperature oven. Spread 1 tbsp of pork mixture on each piece of bread, and form a done at the center. Brush with the remaining beaten egg, decorate with coriander leaves and red chili. Continue until finished.
- Put the oil in a wok, and place over medium-low heat until hot. Deep-fry the bread spread-side down until crispy and golden brown on both sides, remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Arrage on a serving dish, enjoy while hot with cucumber relish