- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Birthdays & Celebrations
Alien Party Food and Snack Ideas
Alien Party Food
Fun Party Food and Snack Ideas
Greetings Earthlings! If you are planning an alien themed birthday or Halloween party and are looking for fun party food and snack ideas, you have stopped at the right place. All of these out of this world recipes will please even the pickiest of party guests and will be ones that kids are sure to love.
In this article, you will find so many easy to make alien inspired foods including sandwiches, parfaits, chips and dip, cookies, and popsicles. Read further to find what items you will need and step-by-step directions with pictures for creating each fun party food idea.
How to Make an Alien SandwichClick thumbnail to view full-size
More Fun Sandwich and Side Ideas
Here are some other fun alien sandwich and side ideas:
- Use various kinds of meats, cheeses, or spreads to make your sandwich. Make sure the brightest colored food item will show through the holes.
- Attach raisins, green or black olives, or use condiments to outside to create your alien face.
- Use star or space shaped cookie cutters to cut fun shapes out of fruit, cheese, or jello for an alternate side item.
Our first party food and snack idea is no ordinary peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It is a super fun creation made to look like an alien in outer space that kids will have no problem gobbling up.
Let your kids in on the design fun by creating the alien face with different kinds of cookie cutters and setting up their plate with space themed goldfish crackers. Below is a list of ingredients, supplies, and directions to follow for creating an alien sandwich.
What You Will Need:
- Bread (2 slices)
- Peanut butter
- Space themed goldfish crackers
- Green grapes
- Pizza cutter
- Cookie cutters
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the 2 slices of bread into your desired alien shape.
- Create the alien face on the top slice of bread by inserting small size cookie cutters.
- Spread peanut butter and jelly on bottom slice of bread. Put slices of bread together.
- Insert 2 green grapes onto toothpicks and insert at top of sandwich for antennae. Add 4 more grapes to create the arms and legs.
- Arrange space themed goldfish crackers (includes stars, moons, planets, and rocketships) to make a fun outer space scene on the plate.
How to Make an Alien ParfaitClick thumbnail to view full-size
Make Your Own Alien Parfait
Add or substitute these tasty ingredients to make your own alien parfait:
- Ice cream
- Whip cream
- Fresh fruit
- Crushed nuts
Our next party food or snack idea is the perfect treat for an outer space birthday or Halloween party. Your guests will get a kick out of these fun alien parfaits. We layered our parfaits with crumbled Oreo cookies, vanilla pudding, and green jello. If you are not a pudding fan, substitute this layer for either vanilla yogurt or ice cream. Below is a list of everything you will need and directions to follow to create this yummy treat.
What You Will Need:
- Crushed Oreo cookies
- Vanilla pudding (yogurt or ice cream)
- Green jello
- Large marshmallows (2)
- Green sugar sprinkles
- Green straws (2)
- Clear cup
- Place the Oreo cookies into a plastic bag and crush them into pieces. My boys enjoy using toy hammers to smash their cookies.
- Pour the crushed cookies into the bottom of a clear cup. Top with vanilla pudding. Repeat the two layers and then top with green jello. (For a smaller cup, use only one layer of cookies, pudding, and jello.)
- Insert a large marshmallow into both of the green straws. Apply a small amount of pudding to the end of each marshmallow and dip into a plate of green sugar sprinkles to create the alien's eyes. (For a smaller cup, you may need to cut the straws in half.) Insert the straws into the parfait and enjoy!
Alien Themed Chips and Dip
Alien Chips and Dip
No party is complete without a room full of hungry guests munching on a bowl full of chips served with a delicious dip. Instead of the same ole chip and dip routine, try out some of these fun ideas to spice up this snack idea at your alien themed party:
- Don't get out that usual chip and dip platter. Pour the chips into a silver colored bowl or aluminum container to give it more of a spaceship appearance.
- Serve a green colored dip to accompany your chips. In the picture to the right, you can see Ruffle chips with french onion dip colored with drops of green food coloring.
- Glue a googly eye to the ends of two green plastic spoons. Place these spoons into the dip to make it appear as if an alien is peeking out of the bowl.
How to Decorate Alien CookiesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Space Themed Cookie Cutters
Another easy party food and snack idea for an alien themed birthday or Halloween party is fun shaped and decorated cookies. Create out of this world cookies for your guests with circle and star shaped cookie cutters and colored sugar sprinkles. Below you will find a list of what you will need and step-by-step directions for creating these fun cookies.
What You Will Need:
- Sugar cookie dough
- Green and yellow sugar sprinkles
- Glitter decorator gel (or icing)
- Star and circle shaped cookie cutters
- Rolling pin
- Make a batch of homemade or prepackaged sugar cookie dough. Roll the dough out on a flat surface until it is 1/4 of an inch thick. Use flour as needed to prevent the dough from sticking to the surface or rolling pin.
- Use the star and circle shaped cookie cutters to cut out the shapes for the cookies. Add two small strips with a round circle at the end to each circle cookie to create the alien shape. Sprinkle the star cookies with yellow sugar sprinkles and the alien cookies with green sugar sprinkles.
- Roll up the leftover cookie dough into balls and dip these into the green sugar sprinkles. Flatten them out onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake both sheets of cookies in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. If you are using a prepackaged cookie dough, follow the baking instructions on the package.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Carefully remove the cookies with a spatula and set them aside to completely cool. Create the alien faces with glitter decorator gel or icing.
How to Make Alien PopsiclesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Helpful Tip for Popsicles
- Dip the bottom of the popsicle molds in a container of warm water for easier removal and to prevent the popsicles from breaking.
Similar size and shape of molds used in this recipe.
For a frozen snack idea at your outer space or Halloween party, try this easy to make recipe for homemade alien popsicles. While kids will love the green color and yummy taste, you will love that this recipe can be made with just three simple ingredients. If you don't already own a set of popsicle molds, use small plastic cups and add a popsicle stick after they have been in the freezer for around an hour.
The amount of popsicles made out of this recipe depends on the size of your molds or cups. With my mold, I can usually get around 8-10 popsicles from this mixture. Here is the list of what you will need and how to make these fun alien popsicles.
What You Will Need:
- Package of lime Jello
- Vanilla yogurt (2 oz)
- Water (1 cup)
- Popsicle molds (or small plastic cups and popsicle sticks)
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and remove from heat. Add the package of lime Jello and stir until powder is completely absorbed into the water.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and slightly cool in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla yogurt and mix well into the green liquid. Pour the popsicle mixture into the molds and freeze for 5-6 hours before serving.
More Fun Alien Party Food and Snack Ideas
Green vegetable tray
Serve broccoli, celery, cucumbers, green olives, and green peppers with vegetable dip and fun alien spoons.
Green fruit tray
Serve green apples, green grapes, kiwi, and melon with fruit dip and fun alien spoons.
Jars of green candy
Fill jars with green colored candy such as M&Ms, gumdrops, sour apple gummies, and spearmints.
Chicken fingers or french fries
Serve slender pieces of chicken or french fries with a placecard that reads alien fingers.
Alien popcorn balls
Make popcorn balls tinted green with food coloring and add M&Ms or licorice to create the alien face.
Make lettuce wraps filled with your favorite ingredients with a placecard that reads alien wraps.
Green trail mix
Make a trail mix with your favorite ingredients and add drops of food coloring to give it a green tint.
Combine green kool-aid, pineapple juice, ginger ale or lemon lime soda, and lemonade concentrate to make a fun green punch.
Make healthy green smoothies with spinach, fresh or frozen fruit, milk or fruit juice, and ice.
Alien Smoothie Recipe
Alien Party Food Poll
Which alien themed party food is your favorite?
Easy Party Food and Snack Ideas
As you can see, there are so many fun party food and snack ideas to serve at your alien themed party. Whether you are celebrating an outer space birthday or just spicing up a Halloween party, your guests are sure to love these out of this world recipes.
If you need some fun ideas to keep the kids busy during the party, be sure to check out Easy Alien Craft Ideas for Kids. These easy to make art projects are all very budget-friendly and will make a great party favor for the kids to take home.
I hope you have found several fun party food and snack ideas for your alien inspired party. If you have any questions or comments about any of these recipes, feel free to leave these in the comment section below.