Any Excuse to Celebrate - If You Just Need a Party
In college, I thought it was funny that people could find absolutely any excuse to throw a party. A friend of a friend's birthday? "Let's celebrate!" Passed a test? "Let's party!" Cat's birthday? I think you see where I'm going with this...
Whenever I heard about one of these parties, I thought to myself "ya, they all just want an excuse to get wasted." Which, was probably the case in most of these instances.
However, now that I think about it, I believe that these partying buddies of mine could have been on to something. Who ever said you need to have a reason to throw a party? Why not celebrate more often?
Sometimes we get wrapped up in our schedules, the daily "stuff" we have to do, that we forget that remarkable things happen all the time, every day. When did we stop noticing them?
That is what this article is trying to bring attention to. It is time we start celebrating more. Find any excuse to celebrate.
Why celebrate? Because you can.
It's really as simple as that. But, if you need some excuses, try these... Celebrate because:
- It brings people together
- Parties are fun!
- You might meet new friends
- You can let loose
- You get to reconnect with family and friends
- It gives you something to look forward to
- It's a break from your "normal" schedule
What's to celebrate? Everything!
We normally celebrate birthdays, holidays, promotions, etc. But we don't have to wait for something big to happen in order to have a party. Here's what I mean...
- If you, your friends, and family all like to watch the same show on TV, throw a party and watch it all together once a week. Order takeout, cook, do whatever you want to do, and make it fun! The Super Bowl isn't the only time you can get together to watch something on TV.
- Is the weather going to be beautiful next week? Have a barbecue! Buy some watermelon, make some lemonade, and yell at your neighbors to come over.
- Did you or someone you know just get back from a trip? Throw them a welcome home party!
Once you start thinking about it, it gets easier and easier to find any excuse to celebrate.
When should you celebrate? All the freaking time, man.
After all, this is what celebrating is all about, making someone's day.
If you know that someone's having a hard time at work, do something special for them. Take them out for lunch, send them a funny email, anything that will help brighten their day.
Celebrate at work, at home, after church, DURING church!
How should you celebrate? Any way you wanna.
It's up to you! Know your crowd, and plan accordingly. Celebrations don't have to be huge parties. A party can be you and a few others at home, or it can get as big as you want.
Where should you celebrate? Wherever you wanna.
- Go out to a restaurant
- Go bowling
- Celebrate on your front lawn
- Throw a party at your house
- Throw a party at your friend's house
- Have a pool party
- Rent a cool venue
Why celebrating is important...
People who recognize all the great things that happen every day, will be genuinely happier than those who just go about their routine. It's focusing on the positive things, and giving those positive things recognition. It's letting people know about all the positive things going on in your life, or the lives of people you care about.
Life is happening all around us. Find any, and every excuse to celebrate it.
- Hosting A Tea Party!
A tea party is a great type of event, as it can work for casual get-togethers for friends or be as formal as a wedding shower or business gathering. Here are recipes, party-theme suggestions and other tips for hosting a tea party.
- How To Throw A Party
Any happy event or occasion is it an anniversary, birthday, graduation, retirement, engagement or wedding is incomplete without a party. However, there are many who go anxious even at the thought of party...
- How To Throw A Cheap Party For Family And Friends
In this economy it is all about watching the bottom line, and I think we have finally learned a few lessons about the things we chose to spend our money on. In the eighties I attended birthday parties of...
- Summer Fun! Silly Holidays to Celebrate with the Kid...
Have you ever heard of National Root Beer Float Day? What about Sewing Machine Day or Eat a Peach Day? Check out some of these silly Summer holidays, such as Cow Appreciation Day and Potato Day. See how these holidays in June, July, and August might